2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm so tired of the Jets not having a kicker. The last one we had that was worth anything was Nick Folk. I remeber some people on this board HATED him

Myers (2018) was the last kicker we had that was considered PB worthy. Mac did not want to pony up for him and he walked. Folk is an average PK. He would cause us to bite our nails at crucial moments but he did not deserve the vitriol thrust upon him.

If you want to really go back to when we had a stable PK situation that would be Pat Leary, followed by Nugent then Hall.  Everything else has kind of been one or two year tryouts. I hope Naggar or whomever is out PK, will be worthy of a nice career in Jetsland. 

I really believe the NFLPA is doing a disservice to their players by trying to “protect” them too much. During the pandemic last year, they wanted the league to pretty much shut everything down. They then claimed that the product on the field was unaffected by the lack of on field workouts. Of course they have little proof of this and I maintain that the number of minor or soft tissue injuries seemed to be higher last year.

This year they again want to minimize the offseason workload even though vaccines are out there and the teams have been testing and monitoring the players more than any other industry. My daughter is a doctor working in a hospital. She did not nor does not have the kind of “protection” that NFL players have.

I just can’t help but think that the NFLPA is using COVID as a means to reduce the offseason workload. On the surface it appears they are trying to protect the players but the proof states otherwise. Then you have the slime bucket vets like Brady who tell the players to stay away but then organize “private” workouts for he and his receivers.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I really believe the NFLPA is doing a disservice to their players by trying to “protect” them too much. During the pandemic last year, they wanted the league to pretty much shut everything down. They then claimed that the product on the field was unaffected by the lack of on field workouts. Of course they have little proof of this and I maintain that the number of minor or soft tissue injuries seemed to be higher last year.

This year they again want to minimize the offseason workload even though vaccines are out there and the teams have been testing and monitoring the players more than any other industry. My daughter is a doctor working in a hospital. She did not nor does not have the kind of “protection” that NFL players have.

I just can’t help but think that the NFLPA is using COVID as a means to reduce the offseason workload. On the surface it appears they are trying to protect the players but the proof states otherwise. Then you have the slime bucket vets like Brady who tell the players to stay away but then organize “private” workouts for he and his receivers.

Ya it’s extra hard for us with so many new pieces as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya it’s extra hard for us with so many new pieces as well.

Some down time at WD, eh?  Actually, I read that we are getting almost 100% voluntary participation at AHC. Of course with so many young guys wanting to make a good impression, I would expect them to do what makes the coaches happy. 

22 hours ago, xrade said:

Myers (2018) was the last kicker we had that was considered PB worthy. Mac did not want to pony up for him and he walked. Folk is an average PK. He would cause us to bite our nails at crucial moments but he did not deserve the vitriol thrust upon him.

If you want to really go back to when we had a stable PK situation that would be Pat Leary, followed by Nugent then Hall.  Everything else has kind of been one or two year tryouts. I hope Naggar or whomever is out PK, will be worthy of a nice career in Jetsland. 

You are right it has been a long long time since we had a first class placekicker. There are going to be times that the PK will be the reason we win or lose a tight game.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

NFLPA is a joke. Oh stick together and support one another and then someone demands too much money cause others to be cut and lose their jobs.

53 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Morgan Moses is supposed lot available, I’m all for making this move if possible. It would instantly give us one of the best OT duos in the league

I saw that. It is an intriguing option but I think JD will pass, at least as far as a trade. If we can claim him off waivers and he is willing to sign for less than the $7+M he is at right now, then maybe. I really think JD wants to see Fant and his $7M contract play in our new O. 

Unless Joe D thinks Fant can be the long term answer at RT, I would trade for Morgan. He’s better than Fant and can solidify the right side for the next two years. If we can get him for a 5th or 6th, i think that’s a good move.

We have 3 6th and 2 5th next year. I can’t think of a better way to use one of those picks then to make sure our entire line is solid. We can negotiate Fant down and keep him as a swing tackle or cut him and have Edoga as the swing tackle.

Morgan is not a long term answer either but he buys us 2 more years.

Edited by SDotNova