2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

Thanks for link to Dan Jeremiah ratings.  It is what I was looking for and will keep looking at it throughout the season.

I don't watch many Jet games - live in Colorado - How is AVT doing?

AVT had his best game of the season last week. His run blocking has been good, pass blocking inconsistent. 

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Next year I like him and Lawson starting with Huff and 1st rounder backing up.  Year after I like Lawson and 1st rounder starting with JFM and Huff backing up.

This might lower the chances of us drafting a DE in the first round next year. 

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

With Lawson's injury and JFM not a true edge rusher we still need someone off the edge.

I'm not knocking the idea of going edge. I love Hutchinson and Sanders so far. But it really depends on if JD/Saleh believe Lawson will bounce back. JFM signed a 4year extension. Also, have to compare this year's edge class to the other position needs. JFM has 3 sacks in 4 games. If he finish with 10+ sacks, he's going to be viewed as the rusher we've been looking for. 

I love the defensive prospects in this draft. I honestly don't care what positions we pick. I just want a star player other teams have to plan for.

Don't sleep on Bryce Huff either, he has been developing well.   JFM is a versatile player on the DL, he seems really strong when he hits the OL he pushes them back.  He is a power rusher on the edge but inside hes more quick. 

I was wondering if we weere going to extend him.  He was a good find by Douglas, I believe one of his first waiver guys. 

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

He had me nervous after that Packers game, but he looks a lot sharper. 

What?? I thought the Jets would trade him for a draft pick and cap space. LOL

Seriously this is what needs to happen. You have to keep your best players. You have all this space so you should spend it. DON'T LET ANY GOOD PLAYERS LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Maye should get resigned too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

What?? I thought the Jets would trade him for a draft pick and cap space. LOL

Seriously this is what needs to happen. You have to keep your best players. You have all this space so you should spend it. DON'T LET ANY GOOD PLAYERS LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Maye should get resigned too. 

I am on the fence about Maye.  I want him back because he is good and is a good teammate.  I don't want him back because of age and the potential that he will not live up to the massive contract he wants.

I would also start engaging Q's agent about an extension.  Crowder as well, especially if LaPew wants Moore at the Z.  Maybe Moses but it would have to be for less than three years.

Maye is going to be a casualty of being older, not because he is not a good player. But do you want to invest in an older player who by next year will be 29 or do you draft a player who has a ton of upside in the draft who is 5 years younger who will not demand a kings ransom for 5 years?

Kyle Hamilton could be a Jet next year replacing Maye and Hamilton is considered a major top 5 player, for sure the Jets have to address the position in the draft. Unless a top DE is available in round 1.

I look for Maye to be traded and Davis to step in at S. Look at all the cash Jamal Adams got paid and he was exposed by the Ram's yesterday.

The position doesn't deserve 15 million a year, the Jets were right to move on.

Players the Jets have to pay are the foundation pieces, players the Jets could lose because they are replaceable are players we may even like and don't want to lose.

So here is the question, do you sign a guy like Fatukasi or invest in Q Williams?

Fatukasi is going to ask for a good payday, Q by far is going to be getting a big payday and paying Zac in 3-4 more years has to be figured in.

Is Becton worthy of a killer contract considering his injury history and missing games last year?Is his weight an issue and can he bounce back and will he become a good player, but not elite?

He was exposed as not being all he's being praised to be by Carl Lawson who was beating him like a stepchild during preseason.

Questions have to be answered on the DL as well, I think its time to move on from Shepherd who has been okay, and might be worth keeping as a backup. But for a 3rd round pick he has underperformed.

Many of the players on the D line are rentals, Rankin's has played well, but he's short term. There are major holes on the defensive line of the Jets that need to be addressed long term.

They are playing well, and are a top D line, but these are legit issues which have to be addressed next year. But the foundation pieces get the pre eminence over very good players or good players we may lose.

Guess it's what comes from finally putting a respectable team on the field.