2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

9 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Welp... You were half right. 

I think that it's also safe to say that they lack of pass tds surrendered is a result of teams running a lot to drain the clock since they are often up big early.

The real reason is two weeks in a row with have played against backup WR's and they replaced four of the best receivers in the NFL. Today we gave up 345 yard passing to two scrubs and one outstanding rookie TE. The Jets D backfield today was horrible.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Quinnen Williams is a franchise player, you don't let him go. He is one of the best DTs in football.  He still has 2 years after this season. 

Don't be surprized in two years we let him walk and we get another thrid round draft pick in return, like we did with all are other first round picks. 

Quinnen Williams is a franchise player, you don't let him go. He is one of the best DTs in football.  He still has 2 years after this season. 

Don't be surprized in two years we let him walk and we get another thrid round draft pick in return, like we did with all are other first round picks. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Wow!  Posted 4 times, you must really, really mean that.

In all seriousness, Saleh values DL. He will be extended if he keeps up his good play. He may need to put up more glory stats, but I think JD will extend him.

Watched teams like the Browns, Cardinals, and Bengals have worse seasons than us and turned around their teams while we're still rebuilding. I'm going to stick it out with the Jets until 2025. If we're still rebuilding and haven't been to the playoffs, I'm out. lol That's almost 30 years for me, no need to add more. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Watched teams like the Browns, Cardinals, and Bengals have worse seasons than us and turned around their teams while we're still rebuilding. I'm going to stick it out with the Jets until 2025. If we're still rebuilding and haven't been to the playoffs, I'm out. lol That's almost 30 years for me, no need to add more. 

What you say is very true Rick, it looks like to me is that Saleh is still felling out the WR core, he is still not sure who the starters should be. It looks like Crower & Davis are the only two he is sure about. Another big day for our TE's one reception for four yards. We have to do something about that in our next draft.

• Like 1

Remember when we thought giants were idiots for taking Toney over Moore lol? We were wrong. Moore has been useless. Toney making plays no matter who the QB is. I feel like a veteran OC would change a lot of things. LaFleur needs to go. His offense is atrocious.

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Remember when we thought giants were idiots for taking Toney over Moore lol? We were wrong. Moore has been useless. Toney making plays no matter who the QB is. I feel like a veteran OC would change a lot of things. LaFleur needs to go. His offense is atrocious.

I think that is a product of ocs that call plays to highlight players. You have to design plays to get your talents players the ball, instead the only spotlight plays Lafleur calls are for Braxton Berrios.....

36 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I think that is a product of ocs that call plays to highlight players. You have to design plays to get your talents players the ball, instead the only spotlight plays Lafleur calls are for Braxton Berrios.....

Lol Moore doesn’t get open. I love when people nightlight clips of him being open and it 4 seconds into the route…that’s not winning the route. So far he’s been another 2nd round WR that’s amounting to nothing. He hasn’t even shown a single flash. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Boy ain't that the truth he looked great today.

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lol Moore doesn’t get open. I love when people nightlight clips of him being open and it 4 seconds into the route…that’s not winning the route. So far he’s been another 2nd round WR that’s amounting to nothing. He hasn’t even shown a single flash. 

He does get open, buy typically on longer developing routes, but by then Wilson has already been flushed from the pocket.

He should be the one running those jet sweep routes, not Berrios. Moore can be explosive with the ball in his hands. The Jets need to scheme him open on some bubble screens or rpos. Short slants would work too.

Lafleur won't do it though because he doesn't seem to fit scheme to player.