2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Marcus Maye is requesting a trade.

Love this. Wouldn't even mind a player swap or player and a pick etc. Time to retool the S position. Davis looks mediocre, but we could still look to add more athletic players back there. Maye is a good player and has been a good Jet, but he is an older expiring rookie deal and he really just wants to go to a contender and not be in limbo here. We still arent close and he can see it. He likely destroyed most of his value with this hiding of the DUI thing but we'll what Douglas does. Hope this happens now while we have a bye, especially if he plans on bringing back a player as well.

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson is not doing a good job at selling PAs though, when he does a PA he is quick to turn off so LBs don't bite at all.

Agreed. Not sure how much PA he used at BYU, but it still falls on the coaches to teach him. It also falls on the coaches to not force it if it isn’t working. Try something else until he gets it. Zach was never ready to start. 

Unless something drastic happens... I can only see a couple more wins from this team the rest of the year if you look at the schedule. And that's games against HOU and JAX. Everything else it's hard to see us win. I mean our only win right now is bc TEN didn't have AJ and Julio or else we lose that game easily and are winless. 

I think some people are just built for certain roles ands when they succeed in a role... that doesn't mean they will be good at a step up. We've seen it for sure with this franchise with our last few HC hires.

Rex was a better DC than HC. Made our D great but was useless in making the offense better. 

Bowles was a better DC than HC and he proved that with TB last year and this year.

Gase was a better OC than HC (even that's debatable that he was even a good OC). I could look good with Peyton as my QB.

Saleh is too early to judge... but he very well could fall into this category. I hope not. But as we see it now, this "All Gas No Brake" stuff isn't showing up on Sundays. We look unmotivated (Saleh was supposed to get the most and fire out of every single player).

Ulbreich overall I've been happy with. But for example the 2 passing TDs last week were on him. Why is Huff covering Pitts? That's a coaching error, not player error. Huff isn't supposed to be able to cover Pitts. He's a DE. He's got the most out of these young CBs and the LBs. So overall I'm happy with him. But there's certainly room to improve.

LaFleur flat out to me is garbage. He brought a complicated offense in and didn't simplify it for a bunch of young guys. And he hasn't adjusted that through 5 weeks. We will see what it looks like after a bye week. If he has any smarts, he doesn't stay with what he's been doing and takes advantage of the 2 weeks and him making adjustments to make it easier for these young guys. He's harnessed talent instead of maximizing it. Moore is nowhere. Mims barely gets on the field. Carter a great receiving back not utilized correctly. Quit running 2 TE sets when you don't even have 1 good TE. The list goes on and on.

Changes need to be made to change things. Even if it's not wins. To at least be competitive and show progression. Can any of us say Wilson looks better now than he did Week 1? Moore better now than he did Week 1?

AVT our only offensive player playing up to what he was supposed to be. And that's bc for an OLineman its simpler to learn a complicated offense. But these guys like Wilson, Moore and Mims are being harnessed. 

• Like 1

If you want enjoyable Sundays, you could just watch the second half of our games.

While we're getting outscored 13-75 (wow) in first halves, we're up 54-46 in second halves and OT.

If you want really enjoyable Sundays... maybe don't watch us at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Unless something drastic happens... I can only see a couple more wins from this team the rest of the year if you look at the schedule. And that's games against HOU and JAX. Everything else it's hard to see us win. I mean our only win right now is bc TEN didn't have AJ and Julio or else we lose that game easily and are winless. 

Bobby I wish we could win those games but Houston looks like a better team than the Jets and Jacksonville is a coin toss. I think we finish with 1 or 2 wins. This team is so far behind the rest of the league. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wanna hear a mind blowing stat?……

We’re averaging less than 16yds of total offense in the 1st qtr this season. The league AVERAGE is 81yds.

Let that sink in.

That screams that our coaching staff is Mickey Mouse yet again. I do still believe in Saleh though even if I’ve been unimpressed thus far. I hope we see change and progress by years end from Saleh, LaFleur and Wilson and if the two latter ones don’t…bring in a veteran and put Wilson on the bench because at that point the rookie QB contract isn’t advantageous if we are not competitive. This while hiring a better OC.