2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wanna hear a mind blowing stat?……

We’re averaging less than 16yds of total offense in the 1st qtr this season. The league AVERAGE is 81yds.

Let that sink in.

LOL!!!! What a joke. This is the worse team I have seen and yes this includes Gase and Rich K times. At least when Sam threw the ball it would be a completion or int. Now with Wilson it is either a int or incomplete. Like I said before if you don't beat the Pats next week heads should roll. You put iup another bad game the fans and the media will tear this team up again. If they play this bad when I'm at the game for the Buccs. I'm wearing a paper bag over my head that reads. I can throw better than Wilson with a bag on my head. Yes I will bw earing my Sam Darnold shirt too with a sign on that saying "Thank God we traded him away for a player who is even worse. "

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think some people are just built for certain roles ands when they succeed in a role... that doesn't mean they will be good at a step up. We've seen it for sure with this franchise with our last few HC hires.

Rex was a better DC than HC. Made our D great but was useless in making the offense better. 

Bowles was a better DC than HC and he proved that with TB last year and this year.

Gase was a better OC than HC (even that's debatable that he was even a good OC). I could look good with Peyton as my QB.

Saleh is too early to judge... but he very well could fall into this category. I hope not. But as we see it now, this "All Gas No Brake" stuff isn't showing up on Sundays. We look unmotivated (Saleh was supposed to get the most and fire out of every single player).

Ulbreich overall I've been happy with. But for example the 2 passing TDs last week were on him. Why is Huff covering Pitts? That's a coaching error, not player error. Huff isn't supposed to be able to cover Pitts. He's a DE. He's got the most out of these young CBs and the LBs. So overall I'm happy with him. But there's certainly room to improve.

LaFleur flat out to me is garbage. He brought a complicated offense in and didn't simplify it for a bunch of young guys. And he hasn't adjusted that through 5 weeks. We will see what it looks like after a bye week. If he has any smarts, he doesn't stay with what he's been doing and takes advantage of the 2 weeks and him making adjustments to make it easier for these young guys. He's harnessed talent instead of maximizing it. Moore is nowhere. Mims barely gets on the field. Carter a great receiving back not utilized correctly. Quit running 2 TE sets when you don't even have 1 good TE. The list goes on and on.

Changes need to be made to change things. Even if it's not wins. To at least be competitive and show progression. Can any of us say Wilson looks better now than he did Week 1? Moore better now than he did Week 1?

AVT our only offensive player playing up to what he was supposed to be. And that's bc for an OLineman its simpler to learn a complicated offense. But these guys like Wilson, Moore and Mims are being harnessed. 

Idk about that unmotivated part. The team seems to fight for 60 minutes each game.

Its hard to evaluate Saleh because the team lacks talent and is super young. 

Saleh is trying to be a HC, not a DC. I think that Saleh is good in the fact he has a positive attitude that helps when things get bad here because this is a negative team. 

We won't know with Saleh until at least 3 years.  Because this is a rebuilding project, if in 3 years we are still garbage then we can start talking about the heat.  This year this team admitted they aren't playing for the playoffs but for development. So all we want is growth this season. 

Its hard when you have so many rookies starting and a rookie QB, a rookie OC, a rookie HC.  The loss of Gregg Knapp was significant, he was the veteran coach that would have brought stability here.  Matt Cavanaugh was brought back but honestly he doesn't have the history that Knapp had. 

Watching some guys on twitter, offensively we have 2 major issues that hold us back. Wesco is absolutely garbage at blocking, which is hurting our run game.  We need to upgrade over him.  And Van Roten is really bad at RG. He is a liability at RG. 

Also our TEs aren't so great. 

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL!!!! What a joke. This is the worse team I have seen and yes this includes Gase and Rich K times. At least when Sam threw the ball it would be a completion or int. Now with Wilson it is either a int or incomplete. Like I said before if you don't beat the Pats next week heads should roll. You put iup another bad game the fans and the media will tear this team up again. If they play this bad when I'm at the game for the Buccs. I'm wearing a paper bag over my head that reads. I can throw better than Wilson with a bag on my head. Yes I will bw earing my Sam Darnold shirt too with a sign on that saying "Thank God we traded him away for a player who is even worse. "

Really a powerful post by both of you, the sad thing is you are correct. All the high draft picks we had the last seven years, most of them gave us next to nothing, or they are gone. Maye has given us production but now he is giving us problems. I find it crazy that the owners of the Jets have nothing to say about this mess of a team.

Edited by doumeyer

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wanna hear a mind blowing stat?……

We’re averaging less than 16yds of total offense in the 1st qtr this season. The league AVERAGE is 81yds.

Let that sink in.

And for passing in the first quarter: 5/18 for 34 yards, 2 INT (0.0 passer rating), 2 sacks for -23 yards. So 11 net passing yards in the first quarter. And if you count INT return yards, it's surely negative.

Yikes.

12 minutes ago, TheChad said:

And for passing in the first quarter: 5/18 for 34 yards, 2 INT (0.0 passer rating), 2 sacks for -23 yards. So 11 net passing yards in the first quarter. And if you count INT return yards, it's surely negative.

Yikes.

In all honesty…. It has to be the worst stat line for a starting QB through 5 games ever. Don’t have the time to check it. But I’d bet it’s at least bottom 5.

Its pretty bad when you see him doing this bad when guys like Geno and Darnold did better early with WAY WORSE around them. Weapons and even OL aren’t an excuse for Wilson like they were with those 2.

It is too early to rate this year draft, you have to go back to the 2009 draft to find one productive WR, TE or RB we drafted

2009 Shonn Green RB had 1000 yards rushing years 

2008 Dustin Keller TE had some real good years

2006 Leon Washington RB was a very productive player

2004 Jerricho Cotchery WR put up big numbers for us

The last 11 years we have not drafted one WR, TE, RB who any kind of game changer

YEA We had Enunwa showed promise but was hurt and had only had a two year career.

Jermey Kerley he was no more than a good backup

All the playmakers we had on the Jets for the last eleven years have thru the FA market.

THIS IS THE REASON THE JETS SUCK

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It is too early to rate this year draft, you have to go back to the 2009 draft to find one productive WR, TE or RB we drafted

2009 Shonn Green RB had 1000 yards rushing years 

2008 Dustin Keller TE had some real good years

2006 Leon Washington RB was a very productive player

2004 Jerricho Cotchery WR put up big numbers for us

The last 11 years we have not drafted one WR, TE, RB who any kind of game changer

YEA We had Enunwa showed promise but was hurt and had only had a two year career.

Jermey Kerley he was no more than a good backup

All the playmakers we had on the Jets for the last eleven years have thru the FA market.

THIS IS THE REASON THE JETS SUCK

In a league that caters to the offense. Now that being said... JD has addressed this with us. He has drafted Becton, Wilson, AVT, Mims, Moore and Carter with valuable picks the last 2 years. Signed Davis in FA and even brought in a reliable starting OT in Moses. So he's valued offense. The issue for me isn't talent. We have that. It's we don't have the coaching that knows how to scheme or coach these young guys. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty…. It has to be the worst stat line for a starting QB through 5 games ever. Don’t have the time to check it. But I’d bet it’s at least bottom 5.

Its pretty bad when you see him doing this bad when guys like Geno and Darnold did better early with WAY WORSE around them. Weapons and even OL aren’t an excuse for Wilson like they were with those 2.

LOL OMG!!!!! This reminds me of my students in P.E class. I tell them you pretty much have to try to fail my class. This seems like that situation. You have to pretty much try to be that bad. What a joke. I am at least starting to see people on this board finally starting to turn on this team. This team should know we hate what is going on and we as fans deserve a lot better team than this. 4 out of the 5 games the Jets are out of the game by half. I just don't see this team turning anything around soon and Maye just adds to it because he knows this team is not a sinking ship it has been sunk for a decade now. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL OMG!!!!! This reminds me of my students in P.E class. I tell them you pretty much have to try to fail my class. This seems like that situation. You have to pretty much try to be that bad. What a joke. I am at least starting to see people on this board finally starting to turn on this team. This team should know we hate what is going on and we as fans deserve a lot better team than this. 4 out of the 5 games the Jets are out of the game by half. I just don't see this team turning anything around soon and Maye just adds to it because he knows this team is not a sinking ship it has been sunk for a decade now. 

I’m not to your point where you don’t like Wilson. I think Wilson has been garbage. But I blame it more on the staff right now. If I don’t see adjustments from them. I’ll be irate.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not to your point where you don’t like Wilson. I think Wilson has been garbage. But I blame it more on the staff right now. If I don’t see adjustments from them. I’ll be irate.

I think we should all take a step back, including me, I just went back seventy years looking for a QB who had a great rookie year. All i came up with was Johny Unitas, Fran Tarkington & Justin Herbert, in his rookie year he completed 67% of his passes 4336 yards 31TD's & 10 INT's. Cam Newton had a very productive rookie year. Even QB's like Sonny Jorgenson, Norn Van Brocklen, John Brode, Drew Brees, Bart Star, Warren Moon Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, all had rough first years. The only QB i didn't check was Rodger Stauback. Tom Brady didn't play his first year.

I didn't expect to go to the playoff this year but i thought Wilson, would put up numbers. and that hasn't happened. 

Edited by doumeyer

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think we should all take a step back, including me, I just went back seventy years looking for a QB who had a great rookie year. All i came up with was Johny Unitas & Justin Herbert, in his rookie year he completed 67% of his passes 4336 yards 31TD's & 10 INT's. Cam Newton had a very productive rookie year. Even QB's like Sonny Jorgenson, Norn Van Brocklen, John Brode, Drew Brees, Bart Star, Warren Moon Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, all had rough first years. The only QB i didn't check was Rodger Stauback. Tom Brady didn't play his first year.

I didn't expect to go to the playoff this year but i thought Wilson, would put up numbers. and that hasn't happened. 

I thought Big Ben had a great rookie year too. You can't count guys that sat for a year or two like Aaron Rodgers. I know I'm pretty hard on Wilson but most of those throws are on him. I just can't think of a rookie QB who has been this dumb with the football to throw what like 8 ints in 5 games. He also had like 3 or 4 that should have been picked too that I can recall. If those are caught your talking like over 2 ints a game. I do want Wilson to be a franchise QB so bad but I'm tired of being a fool for following for this. I don't hope anymore I want wins now. There are no excuses, it has been a decade now for this team. That is WAY too long. 

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I thought Big Ben had a great rookie year too. You can't count guys that sat for a year or two like Aaron Rodgers. I know I'm pretty hard on Wilson but most of those throws are on him. I just can't think of a rookie QB who has been this dumb with the football to throw what like 8 ints in 5 games. He also had like 3 or 4 that should have been picked too that I can recall. If those are caught your talking like over 2 ints a game. I do want Wilson to be a franchise QB so bad but I'm tired of being a fool for following for this. I don't hope anymore I want wins now. There are no excuses, it has been a decade now for this team. That is WAY too long. 

Thanks jetfuel , You are right he completed, 66% of his passes and had 17 TD's  11iNT REAL GOOD NUMBERS FOR A ROOKIE

What i Don't understand is this Herbert kid, why didn't this kid have any hype. He put up huge numbers as a rookie, and last week against Cleveland, he passed for 400 yards and 4TD's. There are times that those people like Mel Kiper, and the rest of those talking heads at ESPN, just talk to her themself talk 

32 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Thanks jetfuel , You are right he completed, 66% of his passes and had 17 TD's  11iNT REAL GOOD NUMBERS FOR A ROOKIE

What i Don't understand is this Herbert kid, why didn't this kid have any hype. He put up huge numbers as a rookie, and last week against Cleveland, he passed for 400 yards and 4TD's. There are times that those people like Mel Kiper, and the rest of those talking heads at ESPN, just talk to her themself talk 

I mean he was the 6th pick so there was hype with him

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he was the 6th pick so there was hype with him

There was next no talk about him all the days prior to the draft either on ESPN or any radio i listen to. How does I kid like him slip thru the cracks. I want back seventy years and i could not find one QB who put up numbers like Herbert did in his rookie year. Look at all the hype Darnold, & Mayfield got before their draft. The Chargers must have one sharp GM

Edited by doumeyer