2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Morgan Moses is supposed lot available, I’m all for making this move if possible. It would instantly give us one of the best OT duos in the league

The problem is $. Fant make almost $10M and Moses (if acquired by trade) makes $7M. That is $17M tied up in RT. You can ask Fant to renegotiate but if refuses, then what?  Cut him with a lot of dead cap meaning we will still be paying well over $10M for RT?

These kinds of situations are intriguing as far as fans go but GMs rarely entertain such things. About the only way JD goes after Moses is if he claims him off waivers and Moses is willing to take a one year prove it deal.

Morgan Moses would be a good add if no one trades for him. We could pick him up and maybe he plays for 5 mill this year. We have the cap space and Fant can be the swing T. I'm not a fan of Fant. He is more of a bench guy and is average to below average T. Fant is over paid I think and I hope he is gone next year or takes a paycut and is on the bench. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Morgan Moses would be a good add if no one trades for him. We could pick him up and maybe he plays for 5 mill this year. We have the cap space and Fant can be the swing T. I'm not a fan of Fant. He is more of a bench guy and is average to below average T. Fant is over paid I think and I hope he is gone next year or takes a paycut and is on the bench. 

Fant is ok for me. Moses isn’t so good he’s worth thinking he’s a for sure starter over Fant. Ideally for me we stick with Fant this year and draft a RT high next year. 3 1st rounders in a row of OLineman stands a small chance of being a bad idea with a young QB.

Fant could actually be a great fit in this scheme. It just sucks that the odds of him being worth the cap hit that's coming next year aren't really high. 

I mentioned a lot about who could be starters from this class, but I left out Chris Naggar. He makes kicking from 60-70 yards look pretty easy. That video of him hitting 70yds with the wind is pretty insane. If he can win the job, we're almost set on special teams with him and Mann. 

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

but I left out Chris Naggar. He makes kicking from 60-70 yards look pretty easy. That video of him hitting 70yds with the wind is pretty insane. If he can win the job, we're almost set on special teams with him and Mann

I have seen kickers make them from further out. Did you forget Vedvik or whatever his name was?  The problem for K is not physical talent it is mental. And let’s not forget our home stadium.

But, yeah, I hope he wins the job from Fickens and adds some long term stability to the position. We as fans tend to crap on PK’s until we don’t have a good one. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm not a fan of Fant. He is more of a bench guy and is average to below average T.

I can respect that but I have to ask why?  Did he play so horribly in the crap O we had last year?  Are we supposed to have all high draft picks and the associated costs along the OL?  Paying Moses 5 and Fant 10 means paying 15 for a RT. You would do that to upgrade a position that does not need it ATM?  Then there is the feeling that Fant and his athleticism will thrive in our new O. Is Moses athletic enough?  I don’t know, just asking.

If JD is jonesing to spend, how about waiting until a player at a position if need becomes available.  I’m thinking CB or backup vet QB. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I can respect that but I have to ask why?  Did he play so horribly in the crap O we had last year?  Are we supposed to have all high draft picks and the associated costs along the OL?  Paying Moses 5 and Fant 10 means paying 15 for a RT. You would do that to upgrade a position that does not need it ATM?  Then there is the feeling that Fant and his athleticism will thrive in our new O. Is Moses athletic enough?  I don’t know, just asking.

If JD is jonesing to spend, how about waiting until a player at a position if need becomes available.  I’m thinking CB or backup vet QB. 

First off we have PLENTY of cap space so that should not be a problem. If Moses is cut he will probably want a 1 year deal to prove his worth. So it would only hurt for this year not long term. When I was watching the Jets games last year he was getting beat a lot but hthe problem was so was everyone else. So looking back to last year he was pretty bad but they majority of the line was bad too. There is a reason why Seattle let him go. He did really bad for them at LT and did pretty good at RT. I do think Moses is a better RT than Fant and at this stage of the game if you can improve a postion you take it. Moses has been a 16 game started since 2015. Ya just that stat tells you he is better than Fant who sruggled last year and has been hurt before. Moses is 30 and has probably 2-3 good years left in him if not more. He is above average and is a career starter. I would not trade for him but I would pick him up off the WW and sign hi to a 1 year 5 mill deal and tell him if he does well we will give you a 2 year 20 mill deal. This will give you time to draft a guy to replace him in 2 years. 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Randomly thinking about what a healthy Quincy Enunwa would look like in this offense lol.

You had to bring that up, huh?  I could see the Quincy having a Kelce type impact. Maybe not as prolific, but he would be a weapon properly employed and he would deliver. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

You had to bring that up, huh?  I could see the Quincy having a Kelce type impact. Maybe not as prolific, but he would be a weapon properly employed and he would deliver. 

I'm in a 32 man Madden league and I have Enunwa on my team as a TE and dude is feasting. 

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

So the cap for 2022 will be $208.2M. As of today, the Jets will have a whopping $67M (3rd most).  It will be a good time to extend whomever JD thinks is worthy (Q?)

We also have something like $28M in potential savings between Fant, Lewis, McGovern, and GVR.  May as well sign us up now for another 1st round OL. 

22 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

We also have something like $28M in potential savings between Fant, Lewis, McGovern, and GVR.  May as well sign us up now for another 1st round OL. 

So that’s about $100M.  Figure $25M for 2021 and 2022 draft classes. Herndon, Fats,  JFM and Ty (whom I think will be deserving) may need resigning along with any UDFA’s we signed. I’m sure Maye is licking his lips at a big payday which we probably won’t give him. Then there’s Q.

I estimate that we should have about $40M-$50M for next years FA class.