2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Purely a what if question, but if Houston called today and offered to trade Watson straight up for Wilson and the league confirmed that they would not make any kind of commissioners exempt list/suspension move, would you accept the trade?

Oh heck ya. Watson is proven and still only 26. Wilson isn’t proven. He could be good or he could be bad. We don’t know. We know Watson is good.

11 hours ago, drew39k said:

Purely a what if question, but if Houston called today and offered to trade Watson straight up for Wilson and the league confirmed that they would not make any kind of commissioners exempt list/suspension move, would you accept the trade?

100% yes. Wilson will never become as good as Watson.

And if it’s morality thing then you should probably stop watching the NFL.

I’D even make that trade including two FRP. This would have to be with the provision that he is legally cleared. And no it is not a morality thing. I’d be more concerned about the length of his suspension and the media BS if he was not cleared. 

17 hours ago, xrade said:

I’D even make that trade including two FRP. This would have to be with the provision that he is legally cleared. And no it is not a morality thing. I’d be more concerned about the length of his suspension and the media BS if he was not cleared. 

The Question is why would Texas make the trade for an unknown commodity, even if we threw in 2 FRP?

With the decisions we have made in the past, it would only come back to bite us, as Wilson develops into the player we all hope he can be and turn around the Texas franchise.

No, I believe Wilson is the real deal, unfortunately he is surrounded by a mediocre OL made up of a C who's played poorly the past 2 years, a terrible G, a one year rental at OT and no TE who would be considered a true threat. 

A poor RB group lead by a 4th round pick who has stepped right in and became the best RB of the bunch, time to move on and get some talent on this team.

It's not always the QB, the WR group consists of 2 FA, a FA to be in Crowder, who was signed as a FA, a rookie, a 2 round pick who can't even get on the starting roster, and a handful of gadget WR's and wannabe's.

Seriously, the QB is the least of the problems the Jets have, but to JD credit they have addressed or has tried to address the OL. AVT AND MB are a start.

JD needs to finish the job this year, in round 1 with a starting stud at C, G, and TE in round 2. The only other scenario I can envision is a C in round 1, DE/PR, G in round 2 and TE in round 3 because it is a deep class. 

Otherwise its G/C, C/G, TE, Or C, TE, G. 

If JD does this next year, I believe the Jets could be on their way to being respectable again.

28 minutes ago, Big T said:

The Question is why would Texas make the trade for an unknown commodity, even if we threw in 2 FRP?

This is all hypothetical. The question I answered was would I make the trade for Watson giving up Wilson straight up.

Of course this won’t happen. Ever. JD would never bring in Watson unless completely cleared and he would most likely not give up the draft picks. For Houston they would want more than even I suggest and rightfully so.

As others mentioned, Wilson, for all his hype and college film, is still largely an unknown. We all know what Watson is on the field. Bring in Watson to this team and we are legitimate playoff contenders next year. Can you confidently say that about Wilson at this juncture?

I like Wilson. I think he will succeed. But until he starts showing that he can grasp the game and that he can play within himself and become a true NFL QB, he will either be the franchise’s savior or just another on a long list of busts. I am betting on him being our long term QB, but I can’t guarantee that to myself just yet. With Watson I could.

So, yeah, I make that trade as proposed by drew39k. 

4 hours ago, Big T said:

The Texans motivation to trade Watson is based purely on the fact that they do not want him. They are paying him to stay away right now. They are trying to move him. Obviously, if he were completely cleared the Texans current demands for multiple frp and players would be fair. Under the situation I set up, that wouldn't be the case. The only guarantee the Jets would get is that until the legal issues are decided, he would not be put on the exempt list or suspended. There is still heavy risk involved, but there is also no doubt that at this point Watson is significantly better than Wilson and is still only 26.

To this point the Texans have been adamant about the return they expect and I do not think that will change anytime this season. There is no link to a realistic trade opportunity. This is just a thought provoking question directed to us about whether we would want to make that deal. An alternative, similarly based question would be, if you were the Jags and the Texans offered Watson for Lawrence, would you pull the trigger?

The annoying thing is that I actually quite like Saleh as a person or an image or however you'd like to say it, given that I don't actually know him at all. He seems likeable and like he should be a great coach.

He's just clearly over his head right now. And it was just brainless from the Jets all the way down to trot out:

1. A rookie HC
  2. A rookie OC and play-caller
  3. A rookie DC I believe
  4. A rookie QB
  5. And whilst not in his first year, a GM trying to build his first team

It seems fair to say that legitimately nobody actually knows what they're doing, and they have no one around to ask.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Need to be trading away Crowder and Maye over the next week. No use wasting away their careers with us. Get the best you can for each and move on.

Crowder should have been dealt in the preseason. Keelan Cole needs to go too. We should be getting the young wrs as many snaps as possible. Get Moore in the slot and Mims opposite Davis. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Crowder should have been dealt in the preseason. Keelan Cole needs to go too. We should be getting the young wrs as many snaps as possible. Get Moore in the slot and Mims opposite Davis. 

I’d keep cole. He’s made more plays than Moore has. I don’t need to see Elijah Moore slip and fall all game or not get open. Outside of a garbage time end around he’s been extremely underwhelming and has not looked like a player that deserves to be out there. Goes to show you this coaching staff doesn’t operate under a meritocracy. We hired the wrong guy and it couldn’t be any clearer after yesterday. 

Edited by ekill08x

Looks like 2-4 weeks for Wilson. Grasping for something positive but maybe this isn’t the worst thing to happen. Other QBs have sat and watched for one reason or another and come back with a better understanding of the pro game. Plus he can still get back for the last part of the season to get reps. It’s clear he wasn’t ready to start the season.