2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

And they got Joe Flacco; a vet who isn't interested in mentoring.

For reference: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26740592/not-my-job-groom-lock

I do think it's possible that he may have a different mindset now that he knows no one believes he is a starting caliber guy.

Still though. Flacco looked WORSE than Darnold did last year. Doesn't give me much hope that he will do anything 

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, the first thing i thought about is the Jets running game or lack of. The running game is killing our whole offensive, we have a good RB, but the O line just can't run block it is affecting our passing game. I never talk about college players till we get at the draft, but today is different, with our first four picks in 2022, we must get two O lineman. The two best lineman in college are Tyle Linderbaum, center from Iowa and Kenyon Green, of Texas A& M tackle, guard. If there is a Pitts type player at TE in the draft I want him, and please don't tell me we can get one in the fifth round. with the fourth pick in the first two rounds. I don't care if we pick a CB, LB or pass rusher or even a long snapper. We are throwing a 22 year old kid out every week and want him to look like Tom Brady, with a lousy O line, and a bunch of lousy coaches. END OF RANT, now I am going to take two aspirins,and go food shopping with the Mrs.

Trading draft assets for Flacco now is just embarrassing. Honestly, I like seeing that JD can admit mistakes (Robby, here) but it's just over now with no offseason and TC to learn the offense. We've already won a game so we don't have to worry about being the first ever 0-17 team. Might as well just roll with the terribleness and keep all our draft picks.

The fact that it was a conditional pick that could become a 5th is even worse. I'm having a hard time believing JD didn't want a veteran from day one. We had guys like Flacco, Siemian, and McCown behind Sam for 3 years and suddenly we picked a 1 year hit kid from BYU and didn't think we should add a vet? It's starting to feel like Saleh and his staff thought they would be fine and JD took his word. 

Not saying JD shouldn't take any blame but it just feels like Saleh messed this up. It doesn't matter if Flacco is interested in being a mentor or not, him being a example of leading, preparing for games, and adapting during the games if what Wilson need to see. 

43 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Not saying JD shouldn't take any blame but it just feels like Saleh messed this up. 

I said this a while back.  I really think, with absolutely no evidence, that Saleh was behind the no vet QB, drafting of SS to play LB, and late draft pick CB's (which may actually work out).  JD may have listened.  However, I think JD needs to put on his GM pants now and listen to Saleh but pick the players he thinks we need.  He alos needs to question Saleh about Mims' usage and the whole O game planning in general.  It's JD's *** if he doesn't.

49 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The fact that it was a conditional pick that could become a 5th is even worse. I'm having a hard time believing JD didn't want a veteran from day one. We had guys like Flacco, Siemian, and McCown behind Sam for 3 years and suddenly we picked a 1 year hit kid from BYU and didn't think we should add a vet? It's starting to feel like Saleh and his staff thought they would be fine and JD took his word. 

Not saying JD shouldn't take any blame but it just feels like Saleh messed this up. It doesn't matter if Flacco is interested in being a mentor or not, him being a example of leading, preparing for games, and adapting during the games if what Wilson need to see. 

So the only logical reasoning for not having a vet QB in here from FA, is bc they believed in Knapp grooming Wilson. I've brought up his passing several times as to why Wilson and even LaFleur look lost. Where it doesn't make sense... is that when he passed. Then a vet should've been brought in. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Where it doesn't make sense... is that when he passed. Then a vet should've been brought in

Who was left and at what price?  We just don't know if JD tried that route.  He very well could have ignored it but we are all just speculating.  He could have also thought Cavanaugh would be the guy to help as Knapp's replacement.  Then there is the whole McCown thing.  Perhaps JD was / is just waiting for Josh to become available.

None of this excuses NOT having a vet from Day 1, though.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, Big T said:

Does it really matter? ZW could be the future GOAT, but on the roster the Jets currently have he might as well be the water boy.

The Jets are terrible from top to bottom, most of the team is made up of backups, none of the TE's could make another roster with the exception of Texas and that is only because they would be hard up.

We have a second round WR who can't get on the field because he is a one trick pony and cannot grasp the playbook. 

The WR's outside of Crowder who will be gone next year, potential in Moore, and Davis, this group is underwhelming. Now that Wilson is sidelined and ML is calling the plays, White as the starter, I expect the Jets will be getting blown out more frequently than not.

The RB's are all backup material with the exception of Carter who has potential as RB2 but for the present RB1.

And the future (2-3 years) doesn't look too promising either.

Thanks for the morale boost.