2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

So far there are more signs pointing to LaFleur than Saleh and JD, but we'll see how things are after a few more weeks and how Flacco looks. Ex- I'm purely speculating but it may be LaFleur who isn't giving Mims and shot and Saleh is sticking with his buddy.

I think Saleh has the right mindset and vision, plus he's on the same page as the GM. 

Our entire team and staff was gutted.  We are probably the youngest/greenest team and staff.  It's been a perfect storm.  QB, HC, LBs, DBs were all huge gambles.  We lost our biggest impact player on the team before the season started.  LB core has been decimated.  Safeties hurt.  Our defense relies on our DL play.  When they show up they're disruptive.  When they don't show up, it's an easy 30 points for the other team because we don't have impact guys yet.

On offense we don't have a reliable target.  CD has a few drops and it's too easy for teams to eliminate him.  No issues getting great value for Herndon but looking at how much Zach needs a TE, I wonder how great Herndon could have been.  Also wonder how we went in with Griffin and Brown or whoever the hell we have. LaFleur and Saleh are catering to Crowder, even Berrios at points, which is killing the offense.  Play 4 WRs so Crowder and Moore can play the slot.  Moore isn't an outside receiver yet.  Guess who can be, Mims! Heck run trips more often, IDK.  

I'm not so doom and gloom because I have confidence our next draft will be a home run.  The Jets finished strong year 1 under Gase then blew.  The Giants finished strong year 1 under Judge and now are a borderline mess.  Zach will get some time off to learn and slow things down but the success of this franchise may hinge on the upcoming offseason.  Do we make the right picks, do we tweak the coaching staff, do we support Zach?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So far there are more signs pointing to LaFleur than Saleh and JD, but we'll see how things are after a few more weeks and how Flacco looks. Ex- I'm purely speculating but it may be LaFleur who isn't giving Mims and shot and Saleh is sticking with his buddy.

I think Saleh has the right mindset and vision, plus he's on the same page as the GM. 

Our entire team and staff was gutted.  We are probably the youngest/greenest team and staff.  It's been a perfect storm.  QB, HC, LBs, DBs were all huge gambles.  We lost our biggest impact player on the team before the season started.  LB core has been decimated.  Safeties hurt.  Our defense relies on our DL play.  When they show up they're disruptive.  When they don't show up, it's an easy 30 points for the other team because we don't have impact guys yet.

On offense we don't have a reliable target.  CD has a few drops and it's too easy for teams to eliminate him.  No issues getting great value for Herndon but looking at how much Zach needs a TE, I wonder how great Herndon could have been.  Also wonder how we went in with Griffin and Brown or whoever the hell we have. LaFleur and Saleh are catering to Crowder, even Berrios at points, which is killing the offense.  Play 4 WRs so Crowder and Moore can play the slot.  Moore isn't an outside receiver yet.  Guess who can be, Mims! Heck run trips more often, IDK.  

I'm not so doom and gloom because I have confidence our next draft will be a home run.  The Jets finished strong year 1 under Gase then blew.  The Giants finished strong year 1 under Judge and now are a borderline mess.  Zach will get some time off to learn and slow things down but the success of this franchise may hinge on the upcoming offseason.  Do we make the right picks, do we tweak the coaching staff, do we support Zach?

LaFleur is who I'm agitated by the most and think needs to be the guy gone. Saleh has a longer leash... but what's been showing up on the field on Sundays isn't what he preaches. And that's a bit worrisome. All we hear about is how the energy and character of these guys is great. Yet we get smashed every week like we're a HS team. All Gas No brake needs to be gone for a moto. Bc all we see is brake form this team. Saying and stuff like that are earned. And it hasn't been earned.

The agitating part for me is that besides RG and TE I actually like what we have on offense. So where in years past... I always thought we were awful bc of talent. This year I don't feel that way. And that's why I think its more on LaFleur than the actual players. I think he brought in a complicated system that's not put our best players in the best situations. And it shows week in and week out. I'd even argue the system isn't great even with vets. We should be running Arizona's offense... not SF. And I stand by this statement.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

LaFleur is who I'm agitated by the most and think needs to be the guy gone. Saleh has a longer leash... but what's been showing up on the field on Sundays isn't what he preaches. And that's a bit worrisome. All we hear about is how the energy and character of these guys is great. Yet we get smashed every week like we're a HS team. All Gas No brake needs to be gone for a moto. Bc all we see is brake form this team. Saying and stuff like that are earned. And it hasn't been earned.

The agitating part for me is that besides RG and TE I actually like what we have on offense. So where in years past... I always thought we were awful bc of talent. This year I don't feel that way. And that's why I think its more on LaFleur than the actual players. I think he brought in a complicated system that's not put our best players in the best situations. And it shows week in and week out. I'd even argue the system isn't great even with vets. We should be running Arizona's offense... not SF. And I stand by this statement.

With any of the past & current Jets coaches do not believe all the hype and BS that comes out of training camp. Last week Saleh, said we have good news Beaton will be back in three or four weeks, and that is good news he has been out since Sept. 12. The point is these coaches tell you what you want to hear. Several people on this board mention we have a rookie QB and Rookie coach, that is true but giving up 50 points is no excuse, we only won one game all year and we would have gotten killer if Tenn. had Jones & Marten for that game. I agree we finally have WR's and good running back. the O line has taken a huge step backwards.

I guess I'm just negative but I don't see any life in this team with a bunch of bums. You have to dig deep and really try to find anything positive. When your positive is a guy coming back in a few weeks that will help the line but kind of sucked when he was in there is just a joke. When I watched these guys play in NE last week that was probably the worse team I have ever seen in real life NFL game. I think the Carter kid is about the only positive thing I saw. He was trying to hit the holes and was giving it his all. When he was walking into the tunnel at the end of the game I yelled out at him that he is doing well and keep trying. We as fans see you trying out there. He looked up at me smiled gave me his gloves he wore that day and said thanks for being positive. I'm more afraid of losing his trying way than anything else. What I saw as a team was a bunch of guys going out there because they have to to collect a big paycheck. There is no heart or sole in this team. This is just bad from top to bottom. I know you should not get ride of people after the first year but man you have to change this up. I think these coaches are a bunch of criminals that are selling money from this team. None of these guys are doing their job. The players are criminals to the vast majority. They are stealing money too but not doing their job. I'm just tired of this losing team year in and year out. I just want to go all in on Aaron Rodgers and but Wilson on the bench for the next few years and let him learn. I don't care about him being the #2 pick or you are wasting years on his rookie deal. That is just loser talk. I want to win. Now the Jets will face NE who has Mac Jones that has killed us now 2 times in a row, Bills have Josh Allen a top 5 if not 3 QB in the league and now Miami will have Watson if things work out. That is like 6 loses ever year for the next several season. Do you know since week 1 last year this team is 3-19. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the young guys he drafted on defense fit the bill, but the lack of talent overall on defense is killing the unit as a whole.

The offense on the other hand, no one is stepping up and making plays when needed.  Whether that's a tight throw from Zach or a big contested first down catch from WRs.  Or the OL opening up holes.  I really hope we give serious consideration to demoting LaFleur to QB coach and bringing in a competent OC in the offseason.

Our top 6 linebackers are all hurt... It's almost like drafting a bunch of safeties to play linebacker is asking for trouble.

It is going to be fun starting street free agents to line up in the middle of our defense this Sunday.

The main issues with our OL.

McGovern is not a terrible player, but he is not a good center for the fact that we get beat by stunts nonstop. I put blame on the center for not communicating well with the others in picking up the stunts.

Greg Van Roten is literally the worst OG in football.  He gets wrecked daily, watch every time our RB is hit in the backfield. Its Van Roten completely getting blown up. He also can't pass block. Hes a liability. Sometimes a OL is as bad as your weakest link, that is Van Roten.  He is terrible. 

Fant and Moses actually have been solid at OT. And AVT has been ascending into a really good player.

Heck, moving McGovern to RG might be a option if we had another option at center.  Dan Feeney isn't any better though. 

The other issue with our run game. Wesco is a terrible player, he should be cut. He can't block and is not the FB that this offense requires.   He'll whiff on blocks regularly if you pay attention. 

The TEs are not good in general.

Michael Carter is actually talented and has a future, he makes guys miss and breaks tackles. Hes legit. The numbers aren't there cause he'll get hit in the backfield often.

Ty Johnson isn't a bad runner either, hes solid. 

Edited by NYJets4716

11 hours ago, drew39k said:

Our top 6 linebackers are all hurt... It's almost like drafting a bunch of safeties to play linebacker is asking for trouble.

It is going to be fun starting street free agents to line up in the middle of our defense this Sunday.

That is the main issue why our defense has been awful. This defense requires competent Lbers. We literally have scrubs who misread plays.  I would really like to see how the defense would be with Mosley and Davis out there. LB is definitely a big need going into the offseason. I would keep Mosley, he is a really good team leader and hes a field general out there with lining guys up correctly. THe other guys are terrible.  Quincy Williams makes plays but he'll get caught out of position too. The secondary is really young so they are gonna have mistakes.

In the first round of the 2022 draft the Jets will literally have the pick of the litter if the season continues to unfold both for the Jets and Seattle. 

That being said, "WE" the Jets need to draft players who can impact our team in a positive way and immediately.

Can we pass on the best pass rusher or a player of that stature like Hutchinson  if available with our overall first pick? Probably not.

But outside of a top PR the most impactful players who will make an immediate impact on the team is the O line.

Understand this, if the Jets draft G/T, than C, and in round 2 G/T just filling those 3 needs will improve the Jets across the board. 

Now what I mean by G/T either of them, C obviously, then if the Jets filled both the G and C position then draft a T in round 2.

The Jets defense will get a reprieve from being on the field 75 percent of the time, the protection and running lanes will open up and our maligned QB may be able to showcase why he was so highly coveted by the organization.

But fellow Jets fan's. This is one year, perhaps the most important draft in the past 20 years that the Jets get this one right. We need some serious bodies on the OL.

28 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

First time for everything….not watching the game this Sunday. Let me know how we get in boys but I’m not wasting my time watching Mike White and this sorry excuse of a team. 

I'll watch at least the first offensive series.  If it is another run - run - pass - punt, I am gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

First time for everything….not watching the game this Sunday. Let me know how we get in boys but I’m not wasting my time watching Mike White and this sorry excuse of a team. 

WHAT????? I expect Mike White to tear it up the rest of the year and be our franchise QB for the next decade. You think he is that bad? :)