2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Mike Greenberg  a noted Jet fan from ESPN, went on a rant about Saleh, starting Joe Flacco, Sunday against Miami,  he said the same exact thing that Jet Fuel & bobby816 said this move makes no sense at all, and he really went into detail about this move by Saleh. I have never heard Greenberg, go off like this.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Mike Greenberg  a noted Jet fan from ESPN, went on a rant about Saleh, starting Joe Flacco, Sunday against Miami,  he said the same exact thing that Jet Fuel & bobby816 said this move makes no sense at all, and he really went into detail about this move by Saleh. I have never heard Greenberg, go off like this.

Greeny is like all of us. Frustrated at dumb short sighted decisions done from a selfish perspective to hopefully eek out a few wins from fellow ****e teams to save his job. 

It better be the Carter and Moore show for me to even care about this game.

Hard to ever cheer against us as a fan. But the worst thing for us is if Flacco actually plays good. Which isn't not doable against a poor Miami team. To where we start him even when Wilson can play. 

If I'm the owner I'm firing both Saleh for a fact. I would then tell JD you better get this right because if we only win a handful of games next year you will be out. I would then go after Joe Brady. I think he is the next good HC coming out. This guy knows his X's and o's. I want an O type guy not a D guy. These D guys never seem to work out, My next move would be to try and get Aaron Rodgers to play for a year or 2 and have Zach Wilson back him up. I know it is a long shot but he might like the bright lights of New York. If you got him you could probably bring Adams over too. You HAVE to start spending this money. I would then draft Neal and the C from Iowa. I would trade Becton and have Neal start at LT and Moses start at RT. Yes I would resign both Fant and Moses. Fant would be my swing guy incase one went down. Becton would probably land you a first round pick this year and you could then make a move to grab Stingley to shut one side down. I would keep Q and Moseley because I think Saleh has no idea how to use Q or Moseley right. 

Seems like some of you guys are pissed at Flacco starting? I'm a bit surprised.

Wilson has a ton of potential, but has looked overwhelmed from the few games I've seen. I'm all for rookie QBs learning on the fly, but it doesn't seem like a terrible idea to let the kid sit out this season, work on his skills and knowledge of the playbook, and come back in better form next season.

Do you all think this will hamper his game going forward? Or is it more you'd like to see him play because it gives you something to watch? Either way, I think this kid has a lot of potential, and I love the fact he's not afraid to air it out. The timid ones never make it!

32 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Wilson has a ton of potential, but has looked overwhelmed from the few games I've seen. I'm all for rookie QBs learning on the fly, but it doesn't seem like a terrible idea to let the kid sit out this season, work on his skills and knowledge of the playbook, and come back in better form next season.

Do you all think this will hamper his game going forward? Or is it more you'd like to see him play because it gives you something to watch? Either way, I think this kid has a lot of potential, and I love the fact he's not afraid to air it out. The timid ones never make it!

Most are more mad that White isn't playing, not that Wilson isn't.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

A lot of us didn’t want Wilson to play this year. If it was up to me I would have made him earn the job in camp but the Jets thought it best to just hand it to him.

but it’s the fact that we should be starting Mike White, who’s only 26 and still relatively unknown. It’d be nice to see if he has long term backup potential. Even Josh Johnson played more than serviceable in his 3 quarters. Starting Flacco does nothing for the Jets long term, and the coaches themselves have said this season is about finding out what we have in the young guys.

starting Flacco is a desperation move by the coaching staff to overcome the “vaunted” Dolphins defense, or that’s what Saleh says. They are desperate for this W.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Greenberg is a fake Jets fan. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

We know what Flacco is, we also know what White really is but some are naive enough to think he’s something more. 

All that being said if Wilson isn’t ready physically then you keep going with White. 

• Like 1

Personally, I am Meh about the whole Flacco starting thing. White should start, IMO, but chances are he will not look good. He had his 15 minutes (or 60 if you wish). To me, this is just a desperation play by Saleh. I don’t believe JD told him to play to justify trading away a 6th. JD traded for him in case White **** the bed against Cincy. Let’s face it, having White and Josh as the backups who collectively started a couple of games was foolish from the get go. JD was just making sure we had someone who has played this position before just in case.

The season is toast anyway and it ain’t getting better this year. Maybe Wilson will learn from this and show something, but that’s about it. The team blows. 

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm questioning if we're going to be good next year even if JD were to load this roster with talent. 

We are not going to be good next year 

this entire thing is completely on the shoulders of ZW now though.

Edited by GangGreen420

I still think it’s idiotic to not start White or Wilson this week. But I will say when Wilson comes back (hopefully next week). I will be giving him the benefit of the doubt that after watching film of white doing more check downs and such and seeing it work more so than what he was doing. That he will play more like that. I’ll stay optimistic on that unless he proves me wrong and just goes back to his gunslinger mentality that turns the ball over.

Speaking of… where’s all the Wilson lovers that hyped how he doesn’t turn the ball over now? This is what you praised about him coming out of BYU?