2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Kayvon going #1 so that isn’t happening

It wouldn't shock me if we did our part and lose out.

And Detroit is going to come up with a couple of big wins against... *checks notes*... the Bears (who would surely fire Nagy immediately)? The Falcons? The Seahawks (this will obviously never happen because it could improve both of our first rounders)? The Packers because they rest everybody in week 18?

Keep hope alive! We had a 2 win season last year and lost out on a generational prospect. Let's have at least one of those things not be true again. Please.

Edited by TheChad

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

It wouldn't shock me if we did our part and lose out.

And Detroit is going to come up with a couple of big wins against... *checks notes*... the Bears (who would surely fire Nagy immediately)? The Falcons? The Seahawks (this will obviously never happen because it could improve both of our first rounders)? The Packers because they rest everybody in week 18?

Keep hope alive! We had a 2 win season last year and lost out on a generational prospect. Let's have at least one of those things not be true again. Please.

I just can’t see ya losing out with HOU, JAX and Miami still to play. Have to think we get 1 of those. And let’s not forget DET still doesn’t have a win. So they’d have to start winning too for us to even think about 1 overall. I think we will be right around the 3-6 range when it’s all said and done. So Keyvon is a pipe dream.

For us to get numbw one 1 we would need to lose our AND Detroit would need to pickup 3 wins. It's not happening. That said, Detroit needs a QB and they are a bad franchise. It's entirely possible that they go QB at one.

As for how to use the picks if we actually got two and five, if Thibs is available at two you grab him then trade back from 5 to 10ish to grab Linderbaum. If Thibs Is fine , trade out if 2 into Linderbaum range and use 5 to grab one of Neal Hutchinson Hamilton or stingley.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Detroit taking a Quarterback 

Maybe. I'd have to think Goff still guaranteed 30mill in 2022 might play into that. But if they're good with playing Goff next year and letting a 1st overall pick sit for a year. Go ahead.

Right now, I am leaning towards a defensive player with our first pick. Then Linderbaum with our 2nd first. I think hes a dominant center who would anchor our OL for a decade like Mangold did. 

Our OL would be set up to be pretty dominant going forward as AVT is on his way to becoming a dominant LG.  Who knows with Becton, he needs to stay healthy. 

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Who knows with Becton, he needs to stay healthy. 

That is the real big question.  Does JD want to trust Becton to be able to stay on the field AND play at a high level?  It may not be a bad idea to draft a good OT to play RT with the ability to move to LT if Becton does his Becton thing.  Unless we see Becton this year playing at a high level, it will be a big ? come draft time.

As much as I want a PR, CB or Hamilton, this team goes as Zach goes.  If the line isn't good enough, it wont matter who we pick on D, we will be mediocre at best.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is the real big question.  Does JD want to trust Becton to be able to stay on the field AND play at a high level?  It may not be a bad idea to draft a good OT to play RT with the ability to move to LT if Becton does his Becton thing.  Unless we see Becton this year playing at a high level, it will be a big ? come draft time.

As much as I want a PR, CB or Hamilton, this team goes as Zach goes.  If the line isn't good enough, it wont matter who we pick on D, we will be mediocre at best.

I honestly think he needs to be benched when he's back healthy. Maybe that will open his eyes to that he's a pro athlete and needs to take care of his body and health. And come back in 2022 to win a starting OT job. Bc Fant and Moses haven't played bad for us, to where they should just automatically be benched bc Becton is health. 

• Like 1