2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I know. Just having a little fun with it. 

I know. And I still stand by that Ty can’t be a lead back. Carter can. That doesn’t mean I don’t like Ty. Or maybe that he can’t ever be one. But right now he can’t 

58 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wouldn't Philly also have two top 10s plus their own?

Philly would have 8, 11, and 16

Giants would have 5 and 7

The Jets would have 2 and 6

Imagine how loaded we could have been if we had traded back last draft, opting to sign a vet to compete with Sam instead of drafting Wilson.... Could have had Sewell plus another first and second this year at a minimum.

Edited by drew39k

45 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Imagine how loaded we could have been if we had traded back last draft, opting to sign a vet to compete with Sam instead of drafting Wilson.... Could have had Sewell plus another first and second this year at a minimum.

That is a interesting point, the Giants traded their 11 overall pick to Chicago for the Bears 20 pick Plus the Giants got the Bears First round pick in the 2022 draft. I think if the Jets didn't want a new QB they might have made a trade like that.

I don't know who these people are or what they do for a living but PFF rated Wirfs, the six best offensive tackle in the NFL. The only reason I mention this is I remember before the draft how several people on this board were very high on Wirfs. Whoever you guys are who want Wirfs you sure were right.

Edited by doumeyer

25 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I don't know who these people are or what they do for a living but PFF rated Wirfs, the six best offensive tackle in the NFL. The only reason I mention this is I remember before the draft how several people on this board were very high on Wirfs. Whoever you guys are who want Wirfs you sure were right.

He was a MUCH safer pick than Becton for starters. I mean his PFF numbers are going to be better too bc Brady is throwing behind him. So since he knows when to get rid of the ball. QB pressures, hits, etc are all down for TB as a whole. Where we have Wilson and White taking snaps for us.

If Becton doesn't start taking care of his body ASAP. He's a bust. He missed 3 games last year and only played a half this year. 2 seasons 2 injuries. Obviously this one more severe. Let's also not forget he looked like garbage from reports before his injury in camp. Now that was only camp... but there hasn't been play after that to say that really.

He's a guy trending in the wrong direction for us

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He was a MUCH safer pick than Becton for starters. I mean his PFF numbers are going to be better too bc Brady is throwing behind him. So since he knows when to get rid of the ball. QB pressures, hits, etc are all down for TB as a whole. Where we have Wilson and White taking snaps for us.

If Becton doesn't start taking care of his body ASAP. He's a bust. He missed 3 games last year and only played a half this year. 2 seasons 2 injuries. Obviously this one more severe. Let's also not forget he looked like garbage from reports before his injury in camp. Now that was only camp... but there hasn't been play after that to say that really.

He's a guy trending in the wrong direction for us

I was all over Wirf. I was not a fan of the Becton pick because guys that bug just can't stay on the field. He reminds me of Leonard Davis the big guy the Cards drafted in like the top 3 I think one year. I know the size seems great and everything but sometimes they can be too big.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Wirfs was a safe pick but a lot of people thought he would transition to Guard for some reason. Playing with Brady helps a ton however grade wise. Not enough time to really mistakes.

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

How would we have Sewell exactly?

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s back.

Now let’s see if he learned anything watching from the sidelines. With LaFleur up in the booth and his personal QB trainer now on the staff, I am looking forward to watching the game. That will most likely be followed by turning it off before halftime. 

Zach needs to be much better going forward. The offense has shown it has potential…if he comes back against really weak teams and slows the offense down…we HAVE to be in the market for a QB to bring in to compete in 2022. You just can’t hand him the keys if he really isn’t ready or just isn’t the guy. Unfortunately his struggles have been so extreme that this is the necessary approach. Some guys need to sit. Nothing wrong with that. Forcing him to start again next year when he can’t get it done does absolutely nothing for him or the team. Let’s see if he’s learned anything. I am anxious to see him back in there but I am still unsure he can process the speed of the game yet. 

• Like 1