2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Just reported that Wilson did some “soaking” tonight so he should be stress free tomorrow!!!

Google Mormon and soaking for your additional info 😉 

Why not just do ear sex?  Worked on Family Guy. 

I'm not sure if someone brought this up already, but I just saw this and thought it was interesting:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/11/24/mike-lafleur-adjustment-jets-offense/

Prior to their bye week (Weeks 1-5), the Jets used 11 personnel (1 RB/1 TE/3 WR) on 59% of their offensive plays, ranking 20th in the NFL.

Since the bye week (Weeks 7-11), the Jets have boosted their 11 personnel usage rate to 65%, ranking 12th.

New York leads the league with a 10 personnel usage rate of 13% since Week 7, sending it out on 43 total plays (8.6 per game). Prior to their bye week, the Jets used 10 personnel on one play.

Definitely curious to see if this keeps up with Zach back at QB.  Considering we have absolutely nothing at TE, but Davis, Crowder, Moore, Cole, Mims, and Berrios are all as at least servicable WRs, to say that using more WRs makes sense would be a huge understatement.

Interesting stat. In our 4 worst defensive weeks of the season, weeks 7-10, Quincy Williams played in less than 30% of the defensive snaps. Every other week in the season Q2 has played no less than 88% of the snaps and the most we’ve given up was 27. Not that 27 is terrific but it’s better than 45 twice and 54. His coverage statistics are also somewhat solid and have improved in every one of his seasons. He actually has been a more efficient LB in coverage and even tackling than CJ has with a opposing passer rating of 72.0 to CJ’s 102.0 in 11 less targets. Quincy has played about 180 less snaps. He only has 8 less solo tackles and owns 5 more tackles for a loss. His missed tackle % is only 8.5 to Mosley’s 14.9%. 

Fact is Quincy Williams needs to be seeing all the snaps on D at WLB. Jarrad Davis has just been awful. I also don’t particularly think Mosley is a great fit to play MLB in this scheme and it’s a position we desperately need to address on day two of the draft. I know Saleh had a pet project with Sherwood and Nas but Quincy should be this teams WILL for the time being. He is just a flat out play maker and his efficiency and productivity have gotten better throughout the season. Improved LB play coupled with a more consistent pass rush is the first place to start fixing the problems with this defense. Quincy just might be a keeper and if we decide to continue to get even deeper, at worst case he’s a terrific rotational piece in the future. Fun player with a non stop motor. We could use more Quincy’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Interesting stat. In our 4 worst defensive weeks of the season, weeks 7-10, Quincy Williams played in less than 30% of the defensive snaps. Every other week in the season Q2 has played no less than 88% of the snaps and the most we’ve given up was 27. Not that 27 is terrific but it’s better than 45 twice and 54. His coverage statistics are also somewhat solid and have improved in every one of his seasons. He actually has been a more efficient LB in coverage and even tackling than CJ has with a opposing passer rating of 72.0 to CJ’s 102.0 in 11 less targets. Quincy has played about 180 less snaps. He only has 8 less solo tackles and owns 5 more tackles for a loss. His missed tackle % is only 8.5 to Mosley’s 14.9%. 

Fact is Quincy Williams needs to be seeing all the snaps on D at WLB. Jarrad Davis has just been awful. I also don’t particularly think Mosley is a great fit to play MLB in this scheme and it’s a position we desperately need to address on day two of the draft. I know Saleh had a pet project with Sherwood and Nas but Quincy should be this teams WILL for the time being. He is just a flat out play maker and his efficiency and productivity have gotten better throughout the season. Improved LB play coupled with a more consistent pass rush is the first place to start fixing the problems with this defense. Quincy just might be a keeper and if we decide to continue to get even deeper, at worst case he’s a terrific rotational piece in the future. Fun player with a non stop motor. We could use more Quincy’s. 

Well said, I could not agree more, Quincy Williams has showed signs in past games that he should be a starter at linebacker. From what I have seen from him he is a playmaker and should be signed for next year.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He does need to be a regular starter. We are better when he’s playing. He just needs to be coached up on not being too aggressive. It’s clear he plays with passion. And that’s great. But a controlled passion is what will make him a very good LB for us. Not from a dumb penalty perspective… more so not always going for the big hit, over pursuing, etc. All that can be coached is the positive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Wasn't CJ outside to start the season and looked WAY better?

Look at this and you tell me that we not the most ****** up franchise in the NFL or are we just unlucky

2009 Jets trade up to get Mark Sanchez with the fifth pick in the first round

2013 Jets pick Geno Smith with the 39th pick in the second round

2018 Jets trade up to pick Sam Darnold with the third pick in the first round

2021 Jets pick Zach Wilson with the second pick in the first round.

Whether you like Wilson or don't like Wilson, we just can't fail again. THIS OFFSEASON we must build the Offensive line even if our first two picks are offensive lineman. We finally got a first tier RB in Carter & a first class playmaker in Moore. Would love to draft a pass catching TE but I guess that is asking for too much.

Every one of us on this board wants Wilson to succeed even people like me who have been criticizing him for his play.