2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I have zero facts? I literally LITERALLY posted the stats. How are those not facts lol. Don’t tell me not to quote you because you’re wrong and emotional.

I never said what player we’re getting I said his receiving metrics were God tier and they literally are. 

You pick and choose way too much. Do some research, watch some film, stop with the hyperbole. 

That’s where you’re wrong... you’re talking about Coleman’s lifetime stats like that’s his present. That’s a dead wrong assessment. So when you say you posted facts. You posted facts of his career. Not him now. I said to you already. Based on your logic AJ Green should’ve been a top target for us. Heck let’s trade 2 1sts for Julio then. Bc career stats wise he’s great. But that’s not them anymore. Same as that’s not Coleman anymore. And as I’ll continue to say... Coleman was never “God like” As you like to say. Never ever. And we are getting a fraction of the player that was even a good player several years ago. He’s trashy at this stage. And should have 0 holding power on this roster over Carter, Johnson or Perine.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s where you’re wrong... you’re talking about Coleman’s lifetime stats like that’s his present. That’s a dead wrong assessment. So when you say you posted facts. You posted facts of his career. Not him now. I said to you already. Based on your logic AJ Green should’ve been a top target for us. Heck let’s trade 2 1sts for Julio then. Bc career stats wise he’s great. But that’s not them anymore. Same as that’s not Coleman anymore. And as I’ll continue to say... Coleman was never “God like” As you like to say. Never ever. And we are getting a fraction of the player that was even a good player several years ago. He’s trashy at this stage. And should have 0 holding power on this roster over Carter, Johnson or Perine.

You called the Cardinals getting AJ Green a good move iirc...something along the lines of "surrounding their QB with weapons" that's the first mistake you made bringing up Green. 

2nd Julio Jones has nothing to do with this. 

3rd all I said was his receiving metrics were "God tier" and then showed them to you and you're like "Nah, no, that's not true even though he has a perfect passer rating in the slot"

Literally all I said. 

Would I keep him over Johnson, Perine, Adams? It would depend on how he looks.

Coleman was brought in for one reason - he is familiar with the O that LaFleur will install. Apparently, the Jets felt like having a RB in the room that knows the O would be a benefit. There is no doubt in my mind that Carter and Ty are more talented at this point but Coleman knows the O and will most likely get first crack at starting the first couple of games.

It is no different than bringing in any other vet that knows the system to be a coach on the field. It’s just that getting a FA RB is cheaper than some other positions.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Coleman was brought in for one reason - he is familiar with the O that LaFleur will install. Apparently, the Jets felt like having a RB in the room that knows the O would be a benefit. There is no doubt in my mind that Carter and Ty are more talented at this point but Coleman knows the O and will most likely get first crack at starting the first couple of games.

It is no different than bringing in any other vet that knows the system to be a coach on the field. It’s just that getting a FA RB is cheaper than some other positions.

But he hasn’t had success in the system. That’s my point. Just Bc he was a 49er the last couple seasons... doesn’t mean he was good. I mean how hard can the system be to learn at RBs with how many RBs the 49ers have rotated the last couple seasons.

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But he hasn’t had success in the system. That’s my point. Just Bc he was a 49er the last couple seasons... doesn’t mean he was good. I mean how hard can the system be to learn at RBs with how many RBs the 49ers have rotated the last couple seasons.

I wouldn’t say he hasn’t had success under this system. He’s played 4 years under Kyle Shanahan. Aside from last year, he averaged 4.0+ per carry in each of those seasons.

His 2018 is probably his best season which wasn’t under Kyle. But his second best season is probably 2016 under Kyle. He had close to 1,000 all purpose yards. He also had his highest TD amount for a season.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Success or not is not the point. How many teams with new coaches bring in vets because they “know” the system regardless if the are any good?  We brought in a cheap option at RB just for that reason. I am sure if Sherman would come here for cheap we would bring him in and I don’t think he is all that good anymore.

Ty and Carter will get the bulk of the playing time this year. 

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I wouldn’t say he hasn’t had success under this system. He’s played 4 years under Kyle Shanahan. Aside from last year, he averaged 4.0+ per carry in each of those seasons.

His 2018 is probably his best season which wasn’t under Kyle. But his second best season is probably 2016 under Kyle. He had close to 1,000 all purpose yards. He also had his highest TD amount for a season.

Kyle Shanahan isn’t our OC though. Yes I imagine our system will be similar Bc that’s what LaFleur knows. But he for the 1st time gets to do what he wants. To assume that’s exactly what Kyle did. I think is wrong.

And as I said.... all these stats you guys keep bringing up are from years ago. His last 2 years have not been good and he’s been injured. We aren’t getting the 2018 Coleman. Same way as we didn’t get the 2016 Bell. We aren’t getting the 2014 Curry.

I have no issue with Coleman being here. Heck I don’t even mind if he makes the roster. But he should by no means be taking snaps away from these young guys we have with talent.

32 minutes ago, xrade said:

Success or not is not the point. How many teams with new coaches bring in vets because they “know” the system regardless if the are any good?  We brought in a cheap option at RB just for that reason. I am sure if Sherman would come here for cheap we would bring him in and I don’t think he is all that good anymore.

Ty and Carter will get the bulk of the playing time this year. 

Yes but how many times have we seen that vet that isn’t anything great take away valuable snaps and opportunity from young guys. We have that in several spots right now. That’s one of my only gripes about JD. Gore should have never gotten snaps for us last year. That’s was opportunity taken away from Perine and Johnson. Curry is taking away opportunity from Zuniga and Huff this year. Coleman is taking away opportunity from Carter, Johnson and Perine. No matter how you slice it.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Kyle Shanahan isn’t our OC though. Yes I imagine our system will be similar Bc that’s what LaFleur knows. But he for the 1st time gets to do what he wants. To assume that’s exactly what Kyle did. I think is wrong.

And as I said.... all these stats you guys keep bringing up are from years ago. His last 2 years have not been good and he’s been injured. We aren’t getting the 2018 Coleman. Same way as we didn’t get the 2016 Bell. We aren’t getting the 2014 Curry.

I have no issue with Coleman being here. Heck I don’t even mind if he makes the roster. But he should by no means be taking snaps away from these young guys we have with talent.

If that’s the case then Coleman has never played in LaFleur’s system. SF runs Kyle’s system.

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If that’s the case then Coleman has never played in LaFleur’s system. SF runs Kyle’s system.

My point is merely that we are basing the reasonable reason why a Coleman was brought in is Bc he knows the system. But fact is is that LaFleur has never had a “system” he’s never been an OC. Yes he’s said it will be similar to that of Kyle’s Bc that’s what he was just in. But this is his 1st time able to do what HE wants.

I mean you might love your supervisor and like a lot of what they did. They retire and you become the supervisor. You might do a lot of what they did that you liked. But you’re still going to do what you want. Bc you’re the one in control.

Its like how we based that we probably aren’t going to value WR Bc JD never did under the teams he was with before us. And yet in back to back drafts he’s gone WR round 2. Bc what the teams did he was under really doesn’t reflect what he will do. Bc he’s in control now.

I’m perfectly ok with no vet QB backup. If we bring one in... I won’t be upset... but I’m fine with what we have now. We aren’t a team that needs to win games if something were to happen to Wilson. Actually if he got injured and we lost... it would be better for us to start a guy that’s not overalls competitive for draft picks. We aren’t quite to the playoff mix yet. Another year I think. 

Mims was not at OTAs. Neither were Crowder and Davis. Davis is nursing a shoulder issue. Crowder, I suppose, is contract related.

They did not provide any details on Mims or Becton for that matter.

I don’t know if Mims is hurt. But he wasn’t at OTAs.

9 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Mims was not at OTAs. Neither were Crowder and Davis. Davis is nursing a shoulder issue. Crowder, I suppose, is contract related.

They did not provide any details on Mims or Becton for that matter.

I don’t know if Mims is hurt. But he wasn’t at OTAs.

I thought I saw pictures of him and Moore on the sideline together at some point?