2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

He always seems to pull it to the left. Maybe the Jets should have been setting him up on the right hash mark.

No confidence in his own leg I think.   Jets did set up on right side for him last game but he still pulled anyway.

Edited by JetsandI

4 hours ago, xrade said:

I hear you but this D is so predicated on getting to the QB, to not address it would be bad. JFM can slide inside next to Q. It is not like he is a double digit sack guy. Lawson SHOULD upgrade our Edge, but he is coming back from a tough injury. Will he be THAT guy?  I just believe getting pressure with our front 4 is paramount for this D. They have not done so consistently this year and just getting Lawson back is not enough IMO. It would be really nice to have threats on both sides of the line plus Q and JFM inside.

Another issue I see is who would you take in round 1?  LB and TE are off the board that high. I believe RG will be addressed in FA or, depending on how LDT plays out, extend him. As much as we, including I, would like to move on from McGovern, JD will not.  Hamilton at S, he’ll yeah, but what else?  Thibs or Hutch. 

Well all defenses are predicated off of pressure. All I'm saying is that I don't think we have to in order to have a great/good defense. Saleh's sack leader last year was 8.5 sacks. &.5 the year before. The defense he displayed is actually powered by the LB's & S's being good enough to shut down the center of the field and force offenses to win outside of the hash marks. They don't have to be big names, but good enough and have the range in the center. I believe that's what they were hoping for when they drafted the 2 safeties to become LBs. 

Round 1 is a really good question. I think it's going to be one D/Center, D/D, or D/WR. It all depends on free agency. I'm really hoping we win enough games to look like we're heading the right direction. It wouldn't surprise me if we signed a TE. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Another coach I was wrong about. He'll probably go back to college. 

Kliff Kingsbury was fired as the Red Raiders HC but he ended up running Cardinals in NFL.  He is still young anyway.

I think Brady should get NCAA career for real. Whether it is HC or OC.

I'm not sure what the hell happened, but a few weeks ago I remember reading that we had the easiest (or close to it) remaining schedule in the league. Maybe that was prior to the Dolphins actually winning games, and we had them on schedule twice.

Now, we have five games left and only one is winnable, against the Jags (possibly in a battle for the #3 pick). I hope both QBs go off in that game and we get a nice glimpse of a potential future.

The goal for the rest of the season should be for Zachary Kapono Wilson to have more TDs than INTs each game. And a game without a turnover. Build on his great first half from this week.

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

I'm not sure what the hell happened, but a few weeks ago I remember reading that we had the easiest (or close to it) remaining schedule in the league. Maybe that was prior to the Dolphins actually winning games, and we had them on schedule twice.

Now, we have five games left and only one is winnable, against the Jags (possibly in a battle for the #3 pick). I hope both QBs go off in that game and we get a nice glimpse of a potential future.

The goal for the rest of the season should be for Zachary Kapono Wilson to have more TDs than INTs each game. And a game without a turnover. Build on his great first half from this week.

I think you are right, Wilson sure looked much better in the pocket yesterday he made only one real bad throw, he just couldn't get his hands on the ball in the second half because our defensive keep giving up first downs after first downs, after first downs after first downs, it was driving me nuts.

• Like 1

I didn't realise until someone else pointed it out, but we cut Ammendola after he was 11/11 on FGs from within 40 yards. 14/15 on XPs too.

However he was 2/5 on 40-49 yard FGs and 0/3 on 50+.

So, he was actually really reliable as long as you were kicking from under 40 yards. Now that's certainly not NFL-level, but then we went ahead and replaced him with someone who seems like they'd get cut from a college team.

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

I didn't realise until someone else pointed it out, but we cut Ammendola after he was 11/11 on FGs from within 40 yards. 14/15 on XPs too.

However he was 2/5 on 40-49 yard FGs and 0/3 on 50+.

So, he was actually really reliable as long as you were kicking from under 40 yards. Now that's certainly not NFL-level, but then we went ahead and replaced him with someone who seems like they'd get cut from a college team.

Struggling at beyond 40 yards is unacceptable at all.  Jets cutting him at last minute suggests that he couldn't kick accurately during last practice week.  Move on.

Jets may bring in a several kickers for PK job today but Jets also may give Kessman a chance to shake off first time debut jinx.   Dunno.

Speaking of college team,   Cincinnati Bearcats went 12-0 without a passable PK. lol.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s baffling the amount of draft capital and FA money we’ve spent on the DL to still have the worst DL in the league

The Qunnien year we really needed to be drafting 2 and getting Bosa. Bosa changed Saleh’s career. He wouldn’t be here now if not for how that fate ended up. Should have traded down. Quinnen is a nice player but he has zero consistency and takes way too many plays off. Also a pretty terrible run stopper. Should not pick up his 5th year and simply trade him. He is NOT the guy you resign. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

The Qunnien year we really needed to be drafting 2 and getting Bosa. Bosa changed Saleh’s career. He wouldn’t be here now if not for how that fate ended up. Should have traded down. Quinnen is a nice player but he has zero consistency and takes way too many plays off. Also a pretty terrible run stopper. Should not pick up his 5th year and simply trade him. He is NOT the guy you resign. 

And yet, last year, Q was the #4 DT in pass rush win rate and #1 DT in run stop win rate.  It ain't Q, its the god awful D system.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Trading Q would be a VERY bad move. Leo Williams was moved to early too. We HAVE to hold on to talent not trade it away for another mystery person in the draft who has a better chance being worse than what Q is right now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s baffling the amount of draft capital and FA money we’ve spent on the DL to still have the worst DL in the league

That is so true it is pathetic. Those years of drafting defensive players in the first round was a disaster, going back to Pryor.

Those two games when Wilson was on the sidelines looks like it really help him. He looked like a different player Sunday. He went toe to toe with Philly in the first half, the second half he could never get on the field because our defensive was horrible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Trading Q would be a VERY bad move. Leo Williams was moved to early too. We HAVE to hold on to talent not trade it away for another mystery person in the draft who has a better chance being worse than what Q is right now. 

Jets have no reason to trade him away.