2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Lets get some positives vibe going on with the first draft that will have our full gamete of picks in again! 

I think we're already on the clock. I can only see Philly as worse than the Texans - and the NFCE is a disaster to begin with, so that's going to lend itself to a fluke win for Gang Green.

I've said it before - David Culley is not going to win a single game this season. A good coach can win with a bad team, a bad coach can win with a good team, and a good coach will win big with a good team - but a bad coach with a bad team is a disaster waiting to happen.

That's where we are.

As far as picks - I'm casting my lot with Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler:

Spencer-Rattler-Oklahoma1.gif

Dual threat QB with an unbelievable arm, a good team leader who earns the respect of his teammates - he plays tough, he plays hurt, he's just one of the guys. Lincoln Riley has a track record with QB (three starters currently in the league, two former #1 picks) and Rattler is probably the most talented of the group.

(If you want to see Rattler back in HS, check out QB1: Beyond the Lights on Netflix. Good kid overall... Hard to not like him, all things considered).

38 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I like the Tech grade transfer from Oregon 

Tyler Shough, right? Don't know much about him, tbh. It'll be interesting to see how he looks this season.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i dont.  

Matt Wells will ruin him.  I will get to see it first hand we Houston plays  Texas Tech week 1. 

Nah, Combie will do well with him. This is the season Matt Wells does well. We return a good amount of players and didn't lose too much. Wells has a few below average seasons then comes up with a good one when he's on the hot seat. We'll find a way to win close games we blew last season then back to 6-6 next year. I like Shough, but I can't imagine he turns one year at Tech into a 1st round grade. Maybe after 2 seasons, it's possible, but he'd have to have one hell of a season to be a first rounder. 

McShay's first 2022 Mock

hou.png&h=110&w=110

1. Houston Texans

Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon*

At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, Thibodeaux is an extraordinary pass-rusher off the edge. Over 21 career games, he has 12 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss, and the 2019 No. 1 recruit generated pressure on 13.5% of his pass-rush snaps over the past two seasons, the 18th-best rate in the country. Following J.J. Watt's exit, the Texans could use a player with Thibodeaux's high-end traits to jump-start their defense in their rebuild.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

McShay's first 2022 Mock

hou.png&h=110&w=110

1. Houston Texans

At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, Thibodeaux is an extraordinary pass-rusher off the edge. Over 21 career games, he has 12 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss, and the 2019 No. 1 recruit generated pressure on 13.5% of his pass-rush snaps over the past two seasons, the 18th-best rate in the country. Following J.J. Watt's exit, the Texans could use a player with Thibodeaux's high-end traits to jump-start their defense in their rebuild.

Could have had Ossai this year... IJS... and no, I will not let it go  for now

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

McShay's first 2022 Mock

hou.png&h=110&w=110

1. Houston Texans

I find it really hard to believe that we'd be so terrible that we'd be picking first, but not taking a QB. Aaron Reiss put it best: "the goal should be what the Miami Dolphins’ goal was in 2019: lose but establish a culture while turning over the roster."

• Like 2

• 3 months later...