2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’d go DL/OL, but I can agree with this premise. I also don’t want to do the same “square peg in a round hole” nonsense we’ve done recently, moving T to G and preaching versatility on the OL. Neal and Icky are Ts. As of now, we have two starting Ts - drafting them to play guard is a waste of their potential (and our time). I want guys who have played the position at a high level and will continue building on that experience by not having to learn new responsibilities. We’ve been conditioned to look at OL as interchangeable by Bill O’Brien and his philosophy - is that a good idea, listening to BOB on football?

If you want to draft a G, start scouting Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson - guys who understand the position from playing at a very high level for a while, not just a few games as a FR or Soph. (While we’re at it, move Max Scharping back to T, where he played most of his college career - playing G is simply lost on him). 

I’m not opposed to Green at 13, he’d actually be a really good pickup, and there’s no question on who fits where - Tunsil and Howard are T, Green and (TBD) are guards.

As I said with Tyler Linderbaum - I’m ok with a guy who plays only one position, but plays it VERY well.

I hate interchanging lineman. Doesn't give them a chance to really master a position.  But, you see it often that a OT is drafted and kicked inside his first season while the 2 incumbents settle it out. Not a stretch to say Tunsil (trade) or Howard (not resigned) are gone by the rookies 2nd season. 

1 minute ago, Blaze said:

I hate interchanging lineman. Doesn't give them a chance to really master a position.  But, you see it often that a OT is drafted and kicked inside his first season while the 2 incumbents settle it out. 

I understand and I get it - when there’s a guy like Mike Munchak or Dante Scarnaccia as the OL coach guys who really know how to develop OL under different circumstances.

I don’t know much about George Warhop as an OL coach, but I don’t think he’s as good as these two. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t want to find out that I’m right after the fact y’know?

Let’s just call it a day with Kyle Hamilton, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I understand and I get it - when there’s a guy like Mike Munchak or Dante Scarnaccia as the OL coach guys who really know how to develop OL under different circumstances.

I don’t know much about George Warhop as an OL coach, but I don’t think he’s as good as these two. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t want to find out that I’m right after the fact y’know?

Seeing way to many mocks with him going to Det at 1-2

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

🤝🏽

3 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Travon Walker at 3 is growing on me. Am I alone?

My only reservation is pass rush with him. He has all the tools, but will he put it together or will he be a great run defender, but not much more? 

• Like 1

I was really trying to think about what the Texans would do in a scenario where Hamilton goes #2 and a trade down isn't possible.  I dont think they go OL, not because they aren't any good ones, but because that is the one position that is secure on the Texans roster. OT out. You could go Thibodaux but as previously stated, everyone questions how important football is to him. An excellent Pro Day may change this but as of now, he is out. Travon Walker, way too early at #3. Out. WRs probably make it to #13. WR out. 

That #13 pick changes how the Texans approach #3. I think they go Sauce Gardner #3 in a slight reach. They seem to value his intangibles in height, size, speed and willingness to tackle. Perfect zone corner who can play man when Lovie is gone. Also the best CB at his premium position. Sauce can be justified at #3. To me, what they do at #13 is more important. Do they offer to help Mills on offense or go BPA even if it is a defensive player who may have dropped. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blaze said:

That #13 pick changes how the Texans approach #3. I think they go Sauce Gardner #3 in a slight reach.

I was thinking about this last night - Sauce at 3 would be a reach, but if he’s YOUR guy, you have to take him there.