2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

On 3/24/2022 at 10:59 PM, lumberjackchris said:

Please!

if he is there at 13 absolutely.  3 would be terrible value for him.  I've watched alot of Cincy given that UH is in the AAC with them.  He is a very good prospect but i dont see lockdown cornerback type potential with him.

52 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if he is there at 13 absolutely.  3 would be terrible value for him.  I've watched alot of Cincy given that UH is in the AAC with them.  He is a very good prospect but i dont see lockdown cornerback type potential with him.

I highly doubt he makes it outside of 10.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Watch any full Malik Willis game tape and see if you still feel that way

I have… and I’m still intrigued.

He’s not a day 1 starter (not even a year 1 starter tbh) but he’s got tools that are really rare - legit 4.4 speed with an arm that can break fingers if he cuts it loose. His speed, elusiveness, pocket awareness are really good for a guy from a small school. His arm is really raw, his mechanics and footwork need to be rebuilt, sure. Give him a year with a guy like Quincy Avery and you’ll see those things fall into place quickly.

I get that you’re really high on Davis Mills, but I don’t see many physical things that Mills can do that even compare to what Willis can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I have… and I’m still intrigued.

He’s not a day 1 starter (not even a year 1 starter tbh) but he’s got tools that are really rare - legit 4.4 speed with an arm that can break fingers if he cuts it loose. His speed, elusiveness, pocket awareness are really good for a guy from a small school. His arm is really raw, his mechanics and footwork need to be rebuilt, sure. Give him a year with a guy like Quincy Avery and you’ll see those things fall into place quickly.

I get that you’re really high on Davis Mills, but I don’t see many physical things that Mills can do that even compare to what Willis can do.

Yea I mean, if you think you can teach him, like, what seems like everything, sure! I can imagine a world in which he develops into one of the league's best QBs. If we think we can coach him up, I'll be all for it!

It's not even that I'm high on Mills. I'm looking at QBs in this draft, I admit that there's a real possibility that Mills ain't it, and if that's the case I'd rather replace him with another young prospect with upside than.. Kyle Allen, or someone like that. 

For my money though, I think you can find that guy in the later rounds. Bailey Zappe, Kaleb Eleby, EJ Perry intrigue me. But if we do opt to replace Mills with a first or second round pick, give me Desmond Ridder or Kenny Pickett, not Willis. I'm much more confident in their games, largely based on the competition they played against, but also I just feel like they've got a massive head start on Willis in terms of being able to read defenses and be accurate consistently and things like that. 

12 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

It's not even that I'm high on Mills. I'm looking at QBs in this draft, I admit that there's a real possibility that Mills ain't it, and if that's the case I'd rather replace him with another young prospect with upside than.. Kyle Allen, or someone like that. 

I honestly think the Texans next “great” QB is still in college. Might even be a freshman right now, this team isn’t ready to support a young QB. Honestly, Caleb Williams is a true Soph next season, and he’ll be draft eligible in 2024 - I’m perfectly fine waiting him out (ideally I’d like to find someone before that, but it doesn’t have to be now).

Next years’ class looks like it could be better - Brice Young, CJ Stroud headline the class, but there’s some guys who can fill out the position very well with a strong ‘22 (Spencer Rattler, Anthony Richardson, Hendon Hooker come to mind) and there’s always a guy nobody sees coming who walks in and jumps into the top 10.

So, sit on it for a year. Not worth the investment right now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

He might fall because of this...

Yipes, I was expecting a much better number from him on his home turf.

Thing is, he tested great everywhere else - broad jump, vert, shuttle, bench - if one gets too caught up with the 40, they’re ignoring the athleticism displayed everywhere else, along with the phenomenal tape he puts out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Thing is, he tested great everywhere else - broad jump, vert, shuttle, bench - if one gets too caught up with the 40, they’re ignoring the athleticism displayed everywhere else, along with the phenomenal tape he puts out.

• Like 1

We have 11 picks in the draft and normally I would say that there’s no way we take 11 players but Caserio loves those value contracts so I bet we end up with 9-10 guys from the draft. 

I could see us trading down in the 1st and adding more picks but then packing some picks to move up in round 2 or 3. I doubt we draft over 10 players. 

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I hope Texans don't overthink this. Football players>Combine warriors and Hamilton is a football player and a really good one. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I hope Texans don't overthink this. Football players>Combine warriors and Hamilton is a football player and a really good one. 

Based on the SI report above, it wasn’t nearly as bad. 4.54 to 4.56 is actually pretty good for a 6’ 4” 220lb S.

I’ve stood by this pick, and I see no reason to change it up.