2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not saying it's going to happen, but how happy would Texans fans be if they walked away with Travon Walker at 3 and then used a pair of 3rd round picks to move up from 13 to 6 and select Sauce Gardner?

i would hate it due to the fact we picked Walker at 3. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not saying it's going to happen, but how happy would Texans fans be if they walked away with Travon Walker at 3 and then used a pair of 3rd round picks to move up from 13 to 6 and select Sauce Gardner?

Not a fan of the idea. This team is devoid of talent at almost every position so giving up two picks in the 3rd round to move up in the first doesn't make as much sense to me. If anything, I'd rather move down at 13 and collect some additional picks this year or next. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not a Walker fan in this system, burning multiple 3rds, pass....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i would hate it due to the fact we picked Walker at 3. 

5 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Not a fan of the idea. This team is devoid of talent at almost every position so giving up two picks in the 3rd round to move up in the first doesn't make as much sense to me. If anything, I'd rather move down at 13 and collect some additional picks this year or next. 

4 hours ago, Blaze said:

Not a Walker fan in this system, burning multiple 3rds, pass....

Count me out as well. Not a fan.

7 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

If Hutchinson and Walker go 1-2, I'm starting to think we might take Devonte Wyatt at 3..

IDL is the thinnest position group in this draft probably, and Wyatt seems like just such a good fit, and I'd rather take a DT than a CB with such a high pick. Am I alone?

i take it back

9 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

If Hutchinson and Walker go 1-2, I'm starting to think we might take Devonte Wyatt at 3..

IDL is the thinnest position group in this draft probably, and Wyatt seems like just such a good fit, and I'd rather take a DT than a CB with such a high pick. Am I alone?

I'll take Wyatt at 13. He seems like a good 3T and would fit well in Lovie's system alla Tommie Harris 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I’d pass on Wyatt at 13, let alone 3 - I’m not even sure he’s the best Georgia DT in this draft (Jordan Davis is). 

Texans DT unit is probably the best unit on the team, tbh - Blacklock, Collins and Lopez actually rotated well and got pressure on the inside pretty frequently. 

I’ll let that trio play out over the Steven Nelson/Lonnie Johnson Jr depth chart at CB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Isnt Wyatt one of the players with off the field issues or am I thinking about someone else?  I read another poster in the NFL Draft forum post something about it. 

I think you might be right, not 100% sure what it was.. 

Really, what's scrambling me up a lil bit is the fact that I recently changed my mind about Kayvon Thibodeaux. I really don't feel like there's any chance we draft him, I feel like the effort isn't there watching full games of him. You can't really coach effort. I want a player at 3 who busts his *** every single play, and that's why my ideal choices would be Hutchinson or Walker. I know ET wants Hamilton at 3. I like Hamilton, I just think you can find an approximate Hamilton equivalent in the second or third round. Taking Pitre or Brisker or Kerby Joseph feels like a really good value pick in the second/third whereas Hamilton at 1.3 feels like a reach to me. It's nothing against Hamilton really, it's just hard to feel good about 3 without getting Hutch or Walker in my opinion. CB also seems like a pretty deep group where you can get great value later on, but Gardener and Stingley strike me as being considerably better than the rest of the class whereas Hamilton and Lewis Cine, for instance, seem pretty damn close to me, so I feel like CB at 3 is more easily justifiable. That being said, all of that, I think if it's Hutch/Walker first and second, or vice versa, I think we'll try and make a good deal for 1.3, and if we can't do that I think we're going to take Evan Neal. I know. We don't need a tackle, I agree, but Neal is probably the single best player in this draft. We can figure out how it'll all work in TC, but we'll make it work. My wish list goes 1. Walker 2. Hutchinson 3. Neal. I'd take whichever one was available at 3 in order of preference. 

What are yalls top 3?

Top 3 would be:

DE Aidan Hutchinson

OT Evan Neal

S Kyle Hamilton

Hutchinson has the safer floor out of all the edge rushers.  He is a safe pick in this draft.  I can see him having a productive 10 year career. People are sleeping on the offensive line class.  Neal honestly has the best talent out of anyone in the draft. If he keeps his weight in check and dont pull a Zion Williamson you are looking a future All-Pro at tackle. Hamilton was my favorite prospect in this draft 3 months ago.  I wont knock him for his 40 time.  The kid is a flat out good football player. 

• Like 1