2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

25 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

That ankle looks on the mend, Thibs might be the guy...

This ALSO being said, I doubt he's there at 1.3, where the Texans might end up (Detroit and Jax would be 1.1 and 1.2, respectively). Jax is no doubt looking at Evan Neal, Detroit is probably taking BPA.

Kyle Hamilton out with a lower body injury. There's another top 5 guy that you have to worry about.

Assuming no QB jumps up the board and Thibs is gone, Hamilton is my #2 guy. Then, I'd go Stingley, Evan Neal, Chris Olave. I've been reading about Purdue DE George Karlaftis, seems like he's the next Edge after Thibs - not sure who he is, but I'll defer to others.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Kyle Hamilton out with a lower body injury. There's another top 5 guy that you have to worry about.

Assuming no QB jumps up the board and Thibs is gone, Hamilton is my #2 guy. Then, I'd go Stingley, Evan Neal, Chris Olave. I've been reading about Purdue DE George Karlaftis, seems like he's the next Edge after Thibs - not sure who he is, but I'll defer to others.

this draft is going to be god awful

30 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We still have a chance to lose to Jacksonville. The top pick is not out of reach. 

Detroit is the headliner right now - they're 0-7, with no real winnable games on tap (maybe they steal one from Chicago or Atlanta...)

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Detroit is the headliner right now - they're 0-7, with no real winnable games on tap (maybe they steal one from Chicago or Atlanta...)

tbh i'd much rather them get the first pick.  Puts pressure on them to make the right decision with no clear cut top prospect.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

tbh i'd much rather them get the first pick.  Puts pressure on them to make the right decision with no clear cut top prospect.

Totally - I'd prefer to pick 3-5 range. 

I'm all in on either Kyle Hamilton or Derek Stingley Jr.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m starting to like Hutchinson. Big strong white guy from the Big 10, we’ve had some success with that in the past. I’m not saying he’s JJ Watt but he gives me those vibes. 

our D hasn’t been the problem this year though. It’s been our terrible offense. We could go with Neal or Cross. They could start at RT and give us the option of moving on from Tunsil after next year. 

im out on Stingley, I don’t want to use a top 5 pick on a guy who missed his year with injury, especially at CB 

I like Hamilton but we should keep Reid and Johnson as our safeties going forward.  

Our 3 biggest needs are QB, RB, WR and this is the worst year to need one of those in the top 10. 

either way, hopefully we can go back to losing and start clawing our way to the number 2 pick. Trade Watson for some picks and be well on our way to a rebuild. 

id probably spend the draft on the defensive side of the ball for the most part but we do need a RB. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I like Hamilton but we should keep Reid and Johnson as our safeties going forward.  

I'm fairly certain Reid and Johnson are BOTH out this off-season. They don't seem like the right "culture" guys...

11 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would go all in on Hutchinson as well if we arent picking 1.  The game he had vs Ohio St yesterday was amazing.  

I finally got a chance to watch Hutchinson this morning during cardio; He might be able to supplant Kayvon Thibodeaux at 1, TBH. (Doubtful... but a big performance on a big stage combined with a workout that will no doubt impress will turn heads).

I do like Hutchinson based on limited views, but I wonder - he plays a lot of stand up edge, could he do the same with his hand in the dirt?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I finally got a chance to watch Hutchinson this morning during cardio; He might be able to supplant Kayvon Thibodeaux at 1, TBH. (Doubtful... but a big performance on a big stage combined with a workout that will no doubt impress will turn heads).

I do like Hutchinson based on limited views, but I wonder - he plays a lot of stand up edge, could he do the same with his hand in the dirt?

With his size (6'6" 265 lbs) I have to imagine it's not an issue. I really want the #2 pick so we can take either Hutchinson or Thibs, whoever Detroit doesn't want. Really need us to tank against Jacksonville later this year. 

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 1