2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

26 minutes ago, tab said:

anybody going to the draft party?

nah last one i went to was when we took Kareem Jackson.  They usually talk over the draft. No point of going.  This year its at Miller Outdoor Theater for the first time.  Only draft parties I go to are the Rockets ones.  They are much better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jch1911 said:

What can you tell us about this 13th pick for Deebo that is being speculated?  If anything...

Thanks in advance

Also, any love for Hamilton from FO?

They like Hamilton, but they like Stingley more. They like Walker, Stingley and Hamilton at #3. It'll be tough if Walker and Stingley are both there, but the thought is Detroit goes Walker. This could change as we're 8 days away, but that's what I'm hearing as of now. Haven't heard anything on Deebo. I know WR is an option at #13, but so is OL, DE, and DB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

They like Hamilton, but they like Stingley more. They like Walker, Stingley and Hamilton at #3. It'll be tough if Walker and Stingley are both there, but the thought is Detroit goes Walker. This could change as we're 8 days away, but that's what I'm hearing as of now. Haven't heard anything on Deebo. I know WR is an option at #13, but so is OL, DE, and DB.

You a real one... TY for your reply.

Thoughts on Zion?

Please tell me the Walker love is not real... PLEASE... Let someone else take that gamble

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Oh god I hope not.

• Like 2

My thoughts are that we should draft OL, and Edge Rusher with our first two picks and and grab a WR with our second. As mentioned during these last couple of months we need to see if Mills can be the guy as soon as possible. So tackle at #3 and I favor Evan Neal. His ceiling isn't as high as Icky's, but there is no way he busts. Right now in our rebuilding process we dependable players that can be our foundation and we can actually resign. 

For #13, I'm sure the Texans are looking at wideouts but, Lovie is a defensive coach and we need a good pass rush for that tampa 2 to be effective. Also, WR is so deep in this draft and a good one will definitely fall to #37. Edge Rushers arent as deep this year. My hope was that Jermaine Johnson would fall to #13, but it looks like its very possible that he goes top 10. He is a little older than the average prospect, so maybe there's a chance. He looks like a perfect 4-3 edge rusher and from what I've been reading has great technique and will succeed where ever he is drafted. What scares me about Trayvon Walker at #3 is that he will need to be coached up a lot, and I've never had faith in the Texan's positional coaches. Not a lot of depth at edge rusher this year, so if one of the top 4 isn't there I hope we trade back. If we stay put, I hope we can draft one of the top 3 DB's. (Sauce, Stingley, or Hamilton)

For #37, we definitely would need to get Mills a weapon and there are so many receivers this year. I personally like Christian Watson, Alec Pierce, George Pickens, and Sky Moore. Other than Moore, I prefer a speedy tall WR with a big catch radius, a little yin to Cook's yang. 

I know we wont solve all our problems in this draft, here's to hoping we can start off the new era with a bang. We have so many holes that we should go BPA, but I feel with this strategy we can get some bluechippers and figure out what we have with Davis Mills. If we trade back maybe we can follow the Brown's strategy in having two 1st rounders for the next couple of years (beyond 2024) and build the next great (or 1st) Texans roster and hopefully find a QB by any means necessary. 

Edited by ObotimusPrime
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jch1911 said:

You a real one... TY for your reply.

Thoughts on Zion?

Please tell me the Walker love is not real... PLEASE... Let someone else take that gamble

Haven't heard anything yet on Zion. Everything is through a mutual friend so I don't get direct access, but I hear enough and see plenty of text threads. One of my close friends from college is a NFL agent, but he's more plugged into league rumblings, less so with individual teams unless he has a player there (he doesn't have anyone on the Texans). I was bugging him more with the HC search earlier this year. 

3 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Haven't heard anything yet on Zion. Everything is through a mutual friend so I don't get direct access, but I hear enough and see plenty of text threads. One of my close friends from college is a NFL agent, but he's more plugged into league rumblings, less so with individual teams unless he has a player there (he doesn't have anyone on the Texans). I was bugging him more with the HC search earlier this year. 

Thanks for sharing what you do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

When was the last time the Texans made an obvious pick in the 1st round? Clowney at 1? 

it seems like it’s normally a surprise pick. 

Watt at 11, maybe? Cushing? Only two I can think of...

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:
5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Watt at 11, maybe? Cushing? Only two I can think of...

Watt was a shock pick.

Yeah... yeah, I guess it was. I was thinking Amukamara that day, I remember now.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Cushing was an obvious pick.  DeAndre Hopkins was an obvious pick as well.   Maybe Whitney Mercilus?

Will Fuller, perhaps? Maybe it was a shock that's it was Fuller ahead of TCU WR Josh Doctson, but position was square on the head. Once Corey Coleman was gone, it was pretty much going to be Fuller, Doctson or Laquan Treadwell (at least that's how my memory serves me).

• Like 1