2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

1 minute ago, lumberjackchris said:

Caserio supposedly said today that there’s a 99% chance they stay at 3 and a 50/50 chance 13.

Also that he’s had conversations with 6-8 teams about either moving up if they right guy falls or back if they see value. 

Did anyone else hear this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Caserio supposedly said today that there’s a 99% chance they stay at 3 and a 50/50 chance 13.

Also that he’s had conversations with 6-8 teams about either moving up if they right guy falls or back if they see value. 

I saw someone tweeted that earlier.   I thought the person said 60/40 they stay at 13 or something along those lines.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

I’ve reached the decision that I’m going either Ekwonu or Neal with pick 3 unless Hutch drops. 

o-line has to be fixed. I know we have Howard and Tunsil, but I’ll take my chances and add a 3rd guy and figure out where to play them later. 

I’ll go best secondary available at pick 13. 

11 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Not a fan.... :( 

I hope it's a smokescreen to get somebody to move up

I think our OL is not horrible / needs some coaching up - plus I think Zion could be had lower and would solidify the OL

Tunsil - Zion - Britt - Cann / Scharping - Howard

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I have a really dumb question.

why not take a QB?

Because this QB class is weak and the Texans want to see what they have in Davis Mills.  Honestly Mills was pretty decent last season and that was without a running game and weapons aside from Cooks. 

• Like 1

I had some thoughts when we acquired that 5th from Pats...

(1) Lovie doesn't like to lose (anymore ;) )

(2) Lovie believes in building defense

(3) Caserio (Pats) believe in building from back (secondary) to front (dline)

(4) We currently have 3rd most cap room (according to overthecap)

(5) Giants need to move CB Bradberry (perfect for Lovie's Tampa-2) to have room to sign draft class

Conclusion: Texans are trading their 2nd 4th (4-108) for Bradberry

Why?  Then your outside CBs are Bradberry and Nelson with King moved back to the slot where he has excelled.  The rest of your CBs are T. Thomas, Lonnie Johnson 2, Moreland, Yiadom, and Tremon Smith.  That isn't a horrible CB room and you could even probably move Johnson for a 5th or 6th round pick.

You draft Hamilton after convincing the Seahawks to trade up from 1-9. Seahawks trade 1-9 + 2-41 + conditional 2023 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Seahawks in playoffs) to move up to 1-3.  Then the safety room is Hamilton, Stewart, Murray, Owens, & possibly Brooks (likely cut / moved).  

Once again if your main secondary is Bradberry, Nelson, King, Hamilton, & Stewart, that's a dynamic group that could get lots of TO's.

Trade down from 1-13 to GB for 1-22 & 2-53 to secure Zion at 1-22. Boom... OLine looks solidish.

Trade up from 2-37 (attaching 3-80) to TB for 1-27 + 4-133 to nab edge Arnold Ebiketie.   Or you could reverse Zion and Ebiketie at 1-22 + 1-27.  Dline looks good with outside DEs Greenard, Ebiketie, Okoronkwo, and Jenkins (who may get moved or replaced with another edge rusher like Banogu).  Interior DL is set with Collins, Lopez, Blacklock, and Keke.

Get a Brandon Smith (4th) or Troy Andersen (3rd).  Get Goode as 6th or possibly UDFA. SAMs are KPL, Smith, and Goode. MLBs are Kirksey and Cashman (Smith could get some snaps at MLB as well).  WLBs are KGH, JMR, and Wallow.  

Draft a RB at 2-41 (Breece, baby!)  Get a solid TE in 3rd / 4th (Woods).

That team doesn't make the playoffs, but is moving in a great direction IMHO.

Can you tell I am actually excited about Thursday draft day - it's been 2 years!  LOL