2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

4 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

No one wants to be here, doesn't matter. He will play because he wants his money. 

He got his money this year and sat out... Don't tell me his thumb was hurt, it was a four week recovery time that he drew out to 13 weeks.

Jalen Ramsey laid out the blueprint, fake a back injury until you get traded. He wanted out of Jacksonville and was "injured" pretty much until he was a Ram.

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He got his money this year and sat out... Don't tell me his thumb was hurt, it was a four week recovery time that he drew out to 13 weeks.

Jalen Ramsey laid out the blueprint, fake a back injury until you get traded. He wanted out of Jacksonville and was "injured" pretty much until he was a Ram.

Send him to Cincy for their first round pick. They won't get a better tackle with their pick and we clear some cap space. They also have A TON of cap space next year. 

Edited by LORK88

1 minute ago, LORK88 said:

Send him to Cincy for their first round pick. They won't get a better tackle with their pick and we clear some cap space. They also have A TON of cap space next year. 

That's exactly what I hope happens. Cincy could use a guy like Tunsil, could kick Jonah Williams to RT and and build the IOL.

• Like 1

Here’s 5 guys I’d like to get if we traded down:

Tyler Linderbaum - I think he’s easily a starting center for 10 years. I would also say he has the least chance of busting of any lineman in the draft. If we keep Tunsil, we’ve got Howard and we can add Linderbaum, suddenly the line is looking pretty good. 

Sauce Gardner - I think he’s the best CB in the draft. Dude is as lock down as they come. He would be a great addition at a position that’s been weak for years for us. I liked the job Desmond King did for us on the other side. We could roll with those two starting. 

Nakobe Dean - he’s got to get bigger but he will. He’s a starting linebacker from day 1. If we stay in a 4-3 or move to a 3-4 he can do either. 

Treylon Burks - he’s not the best WR in the draft but he’s a legit guy. Get him in the late teens or early 20s and let him be the number 2 option to cooks and he’s gonna be really good. Him, cooks and Nico form a solid WR core for us. 

Jalen Wydermyer - he’s probably a 2nd round option but dude can be a beast at TE. He can block, he can catch, he can do it all. He had some drops this year but the Aggies also had a QB incapable of putting touch on a football. He’s a 3 down TE which is rare anymore. 

we need to get much better. I am all for getting rid of 3 and picking up multiple 1st round picks however we need to. I wouldn’t be opposed to getting two of the eagles picks for number 3 and doing some work with them. 

if we can make multiple trades and come away with 2 1sts, 2 2nds and future 1sts, I’d be all good with this draft. 

with our recent lack of draft Capitol I’m all for finding 4-5 starters in this draft. We need it desperately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

And Mixon in the 2nd...

The Bengals weren't an overnight rebuild... and (more importantly) Davis Mills is *not* Joe Burrow.

This is why I want a RB day 2 this year. Mills is more Jimmy G than Burrow. If we can build up the running game and have a solid defense to protect him, Mills can be solid. If he has to be Burrow/Allen/Mahomes and throw 40 times a game, we're in trouble. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LORK88 said:

This is why I want a RB day 2 this year. Mills is more Jimmy G than Burrow. If we can build up the running game and have a solid defense to protect him, Mills can be solid. If he has to be Burrow/Allen/Mahomes and throw 40 times a game, we're in trouble. 

I know I'm way out on a limb by saying this.. but I think Mills has the potential to be as good as any of those guys. I'm not sure if he WILL be, but I think he COULD be. I see a cerebral player who, in his best games, was consistently able to find the open player, and to deliver the ball in an accurate and timely fashion. I think the more he learns about defenses, and once  we surround him with legitimate blue chip type threats, I really really think dude could like brbeak TD records and win Superbowls and the whole thing. Peyton Manning went 1-15 his rookie year.. all I'm saying..

Let's find out what it looks like with a functional run game, and if Nico Collins is able to emerge as the alpha type of receiver we know he can be. I think, if we surround Mills with the right pieces the sky's the limit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I know I'm way out on a limb by saying this.. but I think Mills has the potential to be as good as any of those guys. I'm not sure if he WILL be, but I think he COULD be. I see a cerebral player who, in his best games, was consistently able to find the open player, and to deliver the ball in an accurate and timely fashion. I think the more he learns about defenses, and once  we surround him with legitimate blue chip type threats, I really really think dude could like brbeak TD records and win Superbowls and the whole thing. Peyton Manning went 1-15 his rookie year.. all I'm saying..

Let's find out what it looks like with a functional run game, and if Nico Collins is able to emerge as the alpha type of receiver we know he can be. I think, if we surround Mills with the right pieces the sky's the limit. 

week wife GIF

I'd say his absolute peak is Kirk Cousins - not bad, very complimentary overall - but I don't see anything beyond that.

1 hour ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I'll say this: When Mills was selected by the Texans, I didn't mind it because he at least had the highest ceilings out of Mond, Mills, and Trask. You know what you're getting with Mond as someone who started a ton of games in college whereas Mills is a bit of an unknown. Thankfully, he's a former 5 star recruit so his pedigree shows he has the potential to punch about his draft slot. However, I feel his ceiling is Kirk Cousins; a borderline top 10/top 15 QB. I can't see him turning into a top 5 QB like Burrow/Allen/Mahomes; that's a massive pipe dream. 

• Like 1