2021 Minor League and Amateur Thread

hrubes20

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

I just hope 2020 doesnt derail his whole career. He's 4 years from being a HS draftee that lasted to 10 because of his rawness, and the organization trying to push him to the majors as fast as possible hasnt helped at all.

Not to mention they brought him up under the most absurd circumstances, and he’s still arguably too good for AAA right now. The strikeouts are concerning, but I think the talent is there to be a productive player despite the K’s. Needs to sharpen up his defense though which I think will come over time. He was pretty bad out there last year. He’s too physically gifted to not at least be serviceable at a corner. 

On 6/18/2021 at 2:29 AM, TLO said:

Not to mention they brought him up under the most absurd circumstances, and he’s still arguably too good for AAA right now. The strikeouts are concerning, but I think the talent is there to be a productive player despite the K’s. Needs to sharpen up his defense though which I think will come over time. He was pretty bad out there last year. He’s too physically gifted to not at least be serviceable at a corner. 

He's one of those guys that needs to fail at the major league level and make an adjustment.

20 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I’ll take J-Rod, but I’m a bit of a homer. 🤷‍♂️

He would be my choice if he was in AA.  That jump from A to AA is a really big one.  I'm sure he will make it fine, but I can't put him ahead of Rutschman who is already mashing at AA.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I, honestly, might lean Tork.

Difference between those two for me is the defensive value.  Rutschman is a plus defender at a very important position, while still being able to mash at roughly the same level as Tork.  

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

He would be my choice if he was in AA.  That jump from A to AA is a really big one.  I'm sure he will make it fine, but I can't put him ahead of Rutschman who is already mashing at AA.

Difference between those two for me is the defensive value.  Rutschman is a plus defender at a very important position, while still being able to mash at roughly the same level as Tork.  

Well, Adley is also three years older than J-Rod, so the level difference is quite understandable. 

On 6/22/2021 at 10:56 AM, hrubes20 said:

AR is probably going to stay in Bowie to work more with Rodriguez and Hall for a bit longer.  We’re going to move them slowly I think, and try to do it together.  

• 4 weeks later...

lol Kevin Goldstein at FanGraphs dropped Austin Martin's FV grade from 55 to 50 after the trade today and half a season of minor league ball due to perceived lack of power and his fit at SS. FanGraphs really has gone to **** since Kiley McDaniel left.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol Kevin Goldstein at FanGraphs dropped Austin Martin's FV grade from 55 to 50 after the trade today and half a season of minor league ball due to perceived lack of power and his fit at SS. FanGraphs really has gone to **** since Kiley McDaniel left.

Goldstein's rankings suck anyways. He changes things just to be different.

• Like 1