A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

He's the MVP.  Age be damned, hes the MVP.  He's got bare minimum four years left in the tank and wouldnt flinch if you said five.  Thats a hefty deal.  If he stays with the Packers, hes odds on favorite to be MVP again, if not probably a top three contender.  Thats gonna demand the most significant offer in NFL history to get him.  Three first round picks gets you to the table, but realistically its going to need to be more than that (in the form of premium young players on their first contract)

The two realistic candidates are Raiders and Broncos

Broncos:  Surtain and Fant 

Raiders:  Ruggs and something else pretty.  Realistically, the Raiders are probably going to need 4 first rounders.

Edited by HeresAGuy

Denver and Miami may want but I think Chuckie doll outbids anyone.  Choice of one O player and one D player.   Ruggs or Waller on O, and a lesser value D player more than likely. (Crosby, Hankins?)  Along with 2 1's and 2 2's.    That would be overpaying by my take, which I expect them to do to keep him out of Denver.

11 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've seen some very high guesses that seem way too much. Given that Rodgers is 38, the absolute most I'd expect is 2x1sts, perhaps one lower pick, and a player. The least I'd expect is a high 1st, one lower pick, and and 2 players.

Hard to say with a QB.  He could play another 5 years with the right team if his medical condition doesn't have something like Favre had with his shoulder when he left.  

Compare that to Khalil Mack who plays a position which is much more physical.  They are both high value positions, but I would venture that QB is a bit more.  

Two firsts seems too little to me.

No way are teams trading 2 first round players and then 2-3 first round picks. Some of this is so excessive. I could see 2 firsts and a second maybe later pick as well. If it's players that have produced as Incog suggested similar value. Teams will look at Brady and see the revenue he bring in and someone will get horned up but Brady hasn't been broken as much as AR and isn't as whiney. So will call under 3.5 firsts for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

No way are teams trading 2 first round players and then 2-3 first round picks. Some of this is so excessive. I could see 2 firsts and a second maybe later pick as well. If it's players that have produced as Incog suggested similar value. Teams will look at Brady and see the revenue he bring in and someone will get horned up but Brady hasn't been broken as much as AR and isn't as whiney. So will call under 3.5 firsts for him.

The Stafford deal set a minimum bar. 2 firsts, a young potential star and some other picks is where I'd call it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spilltray said:
12 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

The Stafford deal set a minimum bar. 2 firsts, a young potential star and some other picks is where I'd call it. 

agree with Spilltray.   Stafford has a similar cap/contract to Rodgers....low to mid 20s with no dead cap for the incoming team.  

Stafford is younger by 5 years
Rodgers is much better by a LOT

Stafford got 

2021 third
2022 first
2023 first
Jared Goff