Jump to content

A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's fine.  But don't be surprised when the team decides the price is too steep and walks away.  You always ask for more then you're going to get, but dial back the trade package.  You're not getting the equivalent of 5 FRPs worth of value for Rodgers.  That might have been Watson's trade value pre-allegations, but Rodgers doesn't have that kind of value.  LIS, I'd need about 3 FRPs worth of value plus some extra stuff to get it done.  A '22 FRP, '23 FRP, '24 SRP, and Jeudy (or a Stokes/Surtain swap) would be my realistic target.

It'll be interesting to see if the Packers allow Adams to go to whatever team Aaron goes too as well and if that would be included in the package. Neither Aaron or Davante have sign extensions, Adams we thought was a given this off-season but he's been holding back and lately his social media posts seem to suggest that he's also not happy with this situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would they move Carr if they didn't have a QB in place?

If the Raiders could get a FRP for Carr, there were ample opportunities to get another this off-season. Stafford, Goff, Wentz, they would've had plenty of ammo to get one of the 5 in this year's draft. They clearly think he's a bridge guy too. If they were offered that kind of return for him, they'd have moved him. No team is trading for Carr and thinking "we got our guy for the future." No team is trading quality picks for a bridge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Packers allow Adams to go to whatever team Aaron goes too as well and if that would be included in the package. Neither Aaron or Davante have sign extensions, Adams we thought was a given this off-season but he's been holding back and lately his social media posts seem to suggest that he's also not happy with this situation. 

I don't even know what an Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams' package would cost.  It'd take at least 3 FRPs, Jeudy, AND Stokes.  And probably a few picks on top of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't even know what an Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams' package would cost.  It'd take at least 3 FRPs, Jeudy, AND Stokes.  And probably a few picks on top of that.

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Raiders could get a FRP for Carr, there were ample opportunities to get another this off-season. Stafford, Goff, Wentz, they would've had plenty of ammo to get one of the 5 in this year's draft. They clearly think he's a bridge guy too. If they were offered that kind of return for him, they'd have moved him. No team is trading for Carr and thinking "we got our guy for the future." No team is trading quality picks for a bridge. 

Or Gruden/Mayock didn't want to be stuck on the QB carousel without a QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think about owners and not necessarily teams. What would Washington and that owner, Snyder, give up?   Probably more than he is worth.

 

Chase Young,  Jamin Davis, and next years 1st.

 

Sure Rodgers probably wont go. Let Snyder worry about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

I think about owners and not necessarily teams. What would Washington and that owner, Snyder, give up?   Probably more than he is worth.

 

Chase Young,  Jamin Davis, and next years 1st.

 

Sure Rodgers probably wont go. Let Snyder worry about that.

But would Rodgers want to go there?  If I'm Rodgers, I want nothing to do with WFT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I don't even know what an Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams' package would cost.  It'd take at least 3 FRPs, Jeudy, AND Stokes.  And probably a few picks on top of that.

Who knows what kind of packages will be talked about in the event of, but the Denver situation is interesting.  They need a QB, and yet pass on two with a top ten pick and draft the top CB.  Knowing of course we want a CB at some point soon in the draft.  We then take a CB at 29.  The teams know more about this situation than we do, it does look like the Broncs were positioning.  There are 3 clear teams with desire to make a trade, leaving San Fran out.  There may be more.  GB has a lot of time to sift through this, and I'd bet they are now at least listening to offers just so they know where they're at.  IF Surtain was involved in the trade my bet is we still keep Stokes.  Minimum value is 2 1st's and 3 2nd's equivalent of in my mind.  Minimum.    If we're going to take one let's take two of Denver's picks.  Surtain, Browning, 2 1's, a 2 and a 3.  Yes in this version I'm asking for 3 1's, a 2 and 2 3's.  Raiders and Broncs will be bidding against each other to the point others may get knocked out early.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But would Rodgers want to go there?  If I'm Rodgers, I want nothing to do with WFT.

As I stated, no. He wont want to go there. As far as I know, he doesn't have a no trade clause.  I also know that Snyder seems to be the sort of owner who likes to make big splashes (at least he used to be).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm going to say that age is irrelevant now that Brady won a Super Bowl at 43.  Rodgers has five or more years in him if he wants it.  That's enough to command tons of draft pick/player compensation.  Plus he's kind of awesome, the reigning MVP, and makes nearly every team a Super Bowl contender.

Interesting that some of the forum is keen to get rid of him though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"What would Washington and that owner, Snyder, give up?   Probably more than he is worth."

And that is the key.  More than he is worth.  THAT's what we're after.  If Rodgers couldn't block that trade he would be left with staying and playing or going there if the WTF we're truly offering far more than anyone else would.  I don't believe he wants to retire or would.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FYI the bears offered 1st+ compensation for Carr and the Raiders weren't interested. I don't think we'll give up a kings ransom for Rodgers unless Gruden kills the front office.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FYI the bears offered 1st+ compensation for Carr and the Raiders weren't interested. I don't think we'll give up a kings ransom for Rodgers unless Gruden kills the front office.

As I mentioned in either this thread (or another), I believe that had more to do with the fact that Gruden/Mayock didn't want to be left on the QB carousel without a viable QB.  If they traded Carr for that package, who is the Raiders' starting QB?  Maybe Teddy Bridgewater.  That's a 5 win team max.  Given that Gruden is already 57 and Mayock is 62 years old, I doubt they're keen on rebuilding the Raiders.  Not because they didn't think the value was there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Interesting that some of the forum is keen to get rid of him though.

Keen on getting rid of him is probably a bit strong.  I think they're tired of going through the same stuff we went with Favre.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...