A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

agree with Spilltray.   Stafford has a similar cap/contract to Rodgers....low to mid 20s with no dead cap for the incoming team.  

Stafford is younger by 5 years
Rodgers is much better by a LOT

Stafford got 

2021 third
2022 first
2023 first
Jared Goff

I think people should equate Jared Goff's contract as a liability in this trade rather than an asset.

• Like 2

I've been trying to keep from speculating because I still really won't believe it til I see it but there is more than just smoke right now.  If it was to the Raiders or Broncos, you'd think a QB would be coming our way similar to the Stafford deal.  Carr seems to be several steps better than Lock and is certainly more developed.  He could hopefully come in and take the pressure of of Love this year and we could still flip him for assets in a year or two.  Carr might be the only guy that could keep Tae happy with the whole fallout, as well.

If it's Vegas, it better be a mix of Carr, Crosby, Abram (STAR spot) and 3-4 1st rounders. Carr costs us nothing to trade after the season, should we deem Love ready for 22 and, if not, he expires after 22 and we get the 3 years of Love development we likely intended to get with Rodgers dead cap money after 22.

• Like 1

I'd be asking for (3) 1sts, (2) 2nds, and a top young player or two.  It's a lot, but he's the MVP and makes any team a super bowl contender.  Age doesn't mater now since Brady is showing that a QB can win super bowls at 43.  Rodgers has five more years if he wants it.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

agree with Spilltray.   Stafford has a similar cap/contract to Rodgers....low to mid 20s with no dead cap for the incoming team.  

Stafford is younger by 5 years
Rodgers is much better by a LOT

Stafford got 

2021 third
2022 first
2023 first
Jared Goff

Rodgers should bring in way more than Stafford regardless of age.

I don't want Carr. If Rodgers leaves Love is going to start and we will see what he is. Maybe it's a rocky year or two but if it doesn't work out there are the picks to go take another swing at it. Give me a young player like Ruggs/Jeudy/Surtain and a bunch of picks.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If it's Vegas, it better be a mix of Carr, Crosby, Abram (STAR spot) and 3-4 1st rounders. Carr costs us nothing to trade after the season, should we deem Love ready for 22 and, if not, he expires after 22 and we get the 3 years of Love development we likely intended to get with Rodgers dead cap money after 22.

their roster is pretty gross looking. I was trying to find a player or two I liked and I could only see Darren Waller and his 3 year, $20million (0 guaranteed) contract + ability that was enticing. Mayyyybe Ruggs. Abram and Crosby are JAGs IMO.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

their roster is pretty gross looking. I was trying to find a player or two I liked and I could only see Darren Waller and his 3 year, $20million (0 guaranteed) contract + ability that was enticing. Mayyyybe Ruggs. Abram and Crosby are JAGs IMO.

I didn't say I preferred Vegas. The trade off is if they'd add the additional 1st rounder that Denver likely wouldn't. Plus, Denver is likely good if they trade for Aaron while I still think Vegas struggles with 12 due to how piss poor the roster is. 

I don't disagree, either, about Abram and Crosby. Just names to add at this point. The real return is the Carr stopgap (should we feel we need it) and the 3-4 1sts.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It does seem the Broncos are a far superior trade partner.  They have to be in the drivers seat.  I think we'll see a few more players emerge if Rodgers hits the trade block.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Denver for:

CB Surtain, TE Fant and two first round picks.

(CB) Surtain; (WR) Jerry Jeudy;  2022 First Round & Second Round; 2023 First Round & Second Round

A pick in 2022 in the trade value chart this year is really a second round choice this year.  Plus with Rodgers you figure that first rounder will be a pick after number 24.  In 2023, that is the trade equivalent of a 3rd rounder this year.  You have to get more so I added the 2nd rounders.

Why not trade him to Philly next year....I hear they have 2 or 3 first round picks and they may not be sold on their quarterback. 

Edited by minnypackerfan

Just now, minnypackerfan said:

(CB) Surtain; (WR) Jerry Jeudy;  2022 First Round & Second Round; 2023 First Round & Second Round

A 2022 in the trade value chart is really a second round choice this year.  Plus with Rodgers you figure that first rounder will be a pick after number 24.  In 2023, that is the trade equivalent of a 3rd rounder this year.  You have to get more.

Why not trade him to Philly next year....I hear they have 2 or 3 first round picks and they may not be sold on their quarterback. 

I would sell to the highest bidder, but the Packers will try to get him as far away as possible, or at least out of the NFC.

• Like 1