A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

I guess I'm in the minority and would like to see a trade with the Raiders.

Rumor is the Packers want a QB in return and that tells me Gute doesn't dare take a chance on going 5-12 with Love. I guess I like Carr more than most, and he provides pretty damn good value at $20m per for 2 years and keeps the Packers competitive. It just makes the most sense to me in connecting the dots. Drew Lock is a paperweight at this point. After that, I'm guessing Gute favors picks over players to keep the cap hits and contracts spread out as efficiently as possible. I don't think getting Carr in the deal plays into the amount of draft picks in return

A nice footnote would be that Rodgers would have a much harder time taking that team deep into the playoffs - hence the draft picks would be better, and God forbid they gift the Broncos with more trophies. Rodgers and Gruden deserve each other and that could end badly - which is fine by me.

I'd prefer the Raiders too depending on the Package.  The Raiders are more likely to be a dumpster fire than Denver with Rodgers.   .  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yes

if we don't think Carr can win a Super Bowl with this roster in 2021 it's a waste of $20million we could use for Jaire instead.

I assume there's still room. Of course I wouldn't take on Carr if it caused cap issues. But Gute is probably worried about staying employed issues and I've watched enough horrible Packer football in my lifetime

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I assume there's still room. Of course I wouldn't take on Carr if it caused cap issues. But Gute is probably worried about staying employed issues and I've watched enough horrible Packer football in my lifetime

And just when did this football watching in your lifetime start?

21 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'd prefer the Raiders too depending on the Package.  The Raiders are more likely to be a dumpster fire than Denver with Rodgers.   .  

Denver has substantially better young talent though.  

The two guys most closely associated with a potential trade, Risner & Chubb are both better than anyone Oakland has too offer.  Denver's young skill position players are also better.   

Only want young players on a rookie contract in return with picks for Rodg if that happens.

Raiders could very well happen, but I like their cast of candidates less.

I like Surtain and I like Jeudy.

54 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gute would not be on hot seat during transition to Love whatsoever. Carr would just be a band-aid that counteracts the whole point of a QB reset.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Ever hear of David Whitehurst ?? That will give you a ballpark 

Only one team has won more game in the past 30 years than the Packers, so there has not been a lot of horrible football in that timeframe.

Whitehurst was a late round pick that played like one, he took more abuse than he should have for a 8th round selection.

Reading your posts for the month or so I have been on here I would of bet my cabin that you were on the board of the entitled Packers fan club, would never of guessed that you had ever seen a down of football from the '80's no less the '70's. Amazing things can be seen every day.     

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol Gute's job isn't at risk regardless of how this plays out.

Exactly. It's an absurd thought to think: "Well if they only got rid of the GM....."

Unlike many, GBs a well run organization. Has been for quite some time. This entire line: "They didnt confer with AR about selecting a QB or releasing some end of the road veteran players...."  Can only exist and get blown up in a saturated media / social media world where stupidity controls the headlines. 

• Like 2