Fantasy Football 2021

General thread but just wanted to see what you guys plan to use as your draft strategy for the year.

I've sent out two trades to see if I can acquire Stefon Diggs or Alvin Kamara.

Looking to give up #3 and #22 for Diggs/Kamara and 28/29. (picks I listed are actually higher than they are, pick 3 is really pick 15 and so forth since we save a round for keepers)

I think I prefer the Kamara Trade only because I ran a couple of mock drafts on yahoo and I like the WRs in rounds 3-5.

• 3 weeks later...

I get to choose 1 keeper from the following in a 12 man 1/2 ppr league:

Tom Brady for an 11th 

Chase Edmonds for a 9th

Will Fuller for a 5th

Diontae Johnson for a 7th

Myles Gaskin for a 10th

Goedert for a 10th

obviously will have to wait thru camp/preseason to get a sense of what rosters will look like

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, Turnobili said:

I get to choose 1 keeper from the following in a 12 man 1/2 ppr league:

Tom Brady for an 11th 

Chase Edmonds for a 9th

Will Fuller for a 5th

Diontae Johnson for a 7th

Myles Gaskin for a 10th

Goedert for a 10th

obviously will have to wait thru camp/preseason to get a sense of what rosters will look like

I weirdly like that Gaskin value depending on camp

• Like 1

Early players im keeping an eye on, PPR league for me

Antonio Gibson, Heard the WFT wants him to run more routes this year so thats a plud in my book

Najee Harris, I think Ben threw the ball over 700 times last year and I know they dont want him throwing that much along with Harris being a 1st round pick and no one really behind Harris that could threaten him are all pluses for me

TJ Hockenson, Just have been listening and people in the industry really like him this year and I think he will be a good safety valve for Goff in his first year in Detroit

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Early players im keeping an eye on, PPR league for me

Antonio Gibson, Heard the WFT wants him to run more routes this year so thats a plud in my book

Najee Harris, I think Ben threw the ball over 700 times last year and I know they dont want him throwing that much along with Harris being a 1st round pick and no one really behind Harris that could threaten him are all pluses for me

TJ Hockenson, Just have been listening and people in the industry really like him this year and I think he will be a good safety valve for Goff in his first year in Detroit

One of the guys in my home league told me I was too high on Harris. I see him as a top 20ish pick but he see him more of a top 40 pick. I told him Volume is king and if he's the workhorse then the offensive line may not matter.

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

One of the guys in my home league told me I was too high on Harris. I see him as a top 20ish pick but he see him more of a top 40 pick. I told him Volume is king and if he's the workhorse then the offensive line may not matter.

Agreed the volume alone along with no one behind him to threaten his work load are all huge pluses in my mind. I think you could get him in the 3rd or 4th round and thats a steal, I did a mock and I think I got him in that range and was extremely happy with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Agreed the volume alone along with no one behind him to threaten his work load are all huge pluses in my mind. I think you could get him in the 3rd or 4th round and thats a steal, I did a mock and I think I got him in that range and was extremely happy with it.

I'd be ecstatic if I can land him in the second round(late second round) since I'm looking at a WR or Kelce in R1 with Barkley as my keeper.

50 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'd be ecstatic if I can land him in the second round(late second round) since I'm looking at a WR or Kelce in R1 with Barkley as my keeper.

First time ever Ive been going back and forth about drafting a TE early I usually wait for TE till the 10th plus round but struggled last year. Having that advantage must be so nice. I just hate drafting QBs and TEs early and rather add some depth to me team at the skill positions ie RBs and WRs Wonder what Kittles ADP is this year If you can get him in the 3rd early 4th may be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

First time ever Ive been going back and forth about drafting a TE early I usually wait for TE till the 10th plus round but struggled last year. Having that advantage must be so nice. I just hate drafting QBs and TEs early and rather add some depth to me team at the skill positions ie RBs and WRs Wonder what Kittles ADP is this year If you can get him in the 3rd early 4th may be worth it.

Same here. I just feel like the RBs around pick 3(15th overall in my home league plus keepers) are maybe all the same? The only one that would make me reconsider is Chubb but he may be kept. I just feel like I need to get a sure thing and that's Kelce. Two other players that I will considered are AJ Brown and Stefon Diggs(if he isn't kept). 

I hate basing it off last year but I picked Kenyan Drake over Kelce and got burned. 

I'm with you on RBs too but for me the past few years, I've waited on QBs and it hasnt't worked out too well for me. So I may snag one in R4-5? 

3 hours ago, DUNER said:

We are getting a dynasty league started this year any suggestions on who to use so far it looks like Fantrax any suggestions would help Thanks

Just joined MFL (MyFantasyLeague) a year ago and personally I love it. 

Very customizable. 

Edited by RTTRUTH

19 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Same here. I just feel like the RBs around pick 3(15th overall in my home league plus keepers) are maybe all the same? The only one that would make me reconsider is Chubb but he may be kept. I just feel like I need to get a sure thing and that's Kelce. Two other players that I will considered are AJ Brown and Stefon Diggs(if he isn't kept). 

I hate basing it off last year but I picked Kenyan Drake over Kelce and got burned. 

I'm with you on RBs too but for me the past few years, I've waited on QBs and it hasnt't worked out too well for me. So I may snag one in R4-5? 

I always wait on QBs like I said because I feel you can always find them in FA like last year I started out with Philip Rivers as my QB1 and ended up with Herbs before he caught fire and Jalen Hurts for the last couple of weeks and it worked out well for me TEs however you can stream them and hope for the tuddie but thats harder to do imo

Kenyan over Travis is rough and see how I would be kicking myself all year for that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I always wait on QBs like I said because I feel you can always find them in FA like last year I started out with Philip Rivers as my QB1 and ended up with Herbs before he caught fire and Jalen Hurts for the last couple of weeks and it worked out well for me TEs however you can stream them and hope for the tuddie but thats harder to do imo

Kenyan over Travis is rough and see how I would be kicking myself all year for that

I didn't think Kenyan would even be there when I was on the clock. I had it Ekeler, Kelce and Kittle in my pre draft rankings. It really sucked since on a per game basis, Kelce was either on par or score more than Drake.