Fantasy Football 2021

36 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Who would you pick in a PPR league CeeDee Lamb or Allen Robinson? I have a hard time choosing between the two but usually lean towards Robinson, We know who Roninson is and what his ceiling and floor are pretty much and I like it but Im not in love with it, CeeDee is an unknown given its going to be his 2nd year in the league and I feel like hes going a little too high for my taste but he still hasnt reached his ceiling which very well could be a top 10 top 8 WR in the league.

With the Dak news, I'm leaning Arob right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think their workloads will be similar. Throw in the fact that Mixon's OL is worse, his injuries and the fact he is a little older, I'd lean more towards Gibson. I have them very close but I think everything is razor thin. 

Agree. I think that defense should keep them in games so Gibson maybe the safer player? has a higher chance of more tds?

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Agree. I think that defense should keep them in games so Gibson maybe the safer player? has a higher chance of more tds?

At the very least their defense will be better than Cincinnati so its another edge at least. With that said, a healthy Burrow should be able to move the ball much better than Washington fwiw

11 hours ago, AFF said:

No one ever seems to want to draft Allen Robinson but they’re damn sure happy they did come end of year. 

Fine wr1 but great wr2.

Its true, nothing about his game is particularly flashy but he gets it done. He doesnt have the high upside of playing with elite level QBs so his TDs are capped and he isnt young enough to be the trendy breakout candidate. 

98-1147-7

102-1250-6

Thats his last 2 seasons, they aren't amazing but he is being drafted as a late 3rd round pick

Plus you would assume with Justin Fields his numbers should improve some right? At the very least there should be a higher % of catchable passes and potentially more TD opportunities since the offense should move better.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its true, nothing about his game is particularly flashy but he gets it done. He doesnt have the high upside of playing with elite level QBs so his TDs are capped and he isnt young enough to be the trendy breakout candidate. 

98-1147-7

102-1250-6

Thats his last 2 seasons, they aren't amazing but he is being drafted as a late 3rd round pick

Plus you would assume with Justin Fields his numbers should improve some right? At the very least there should be a higher % of catchable passes and potentially more TD opportunities since the offense should move better.

Yep I’m not sure if the QB play can get any worse so I’d say he has a bit of TD upside with some luck from Dalton or Fields.

I got him at 4.05 in a smaller $$$ 10 team league that starts 3 WRs as my WR2 and couldn’t be happier.

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Yep I’m not sure if the QB play can get any worse so I’d say he has a bit of TD upside with some luck from Dalton or Fields.

I got him at 4.05 in a smaller $$$ 10 team league that starts 3 WRs as my WR2 and couldn’t be happier.

Love that no matter the format. Closer to PPR the better but after pick 30 I think its good value for sure

On 8/11/2021 at 6:37 PM, beekay414 said:

I have the 12th pick in a 0.5 PPR draft. If Kelce is there at 12, and I take him, how would you guys feel if I went with 3 WRs to follow him? We start 2 RB and 3 WR with no FLEX. I'm not a fan of the RBs that seem to be available in the first 4 rounds in that spot so I figured shoot the moon with 4 pass catchers, including the #1 TE, and then grab my QB1 on the 5th/6th turn. RBs are whatever at this point if you're picking that far back. We get big play bonuses too. 

Obviously, it'll depend on the board because this draft is rather unpredictable every year. My plans never quite fall the way I expect but, if Kelce is there, I can definitely load up on WR with the depth of the position. 

I just think I'd feel more comfortable going with Kelce+Tyreek/Diggs/Nuk on the 1/2 turn and then WRs like Cooper (doubt it), Evans, Thielen, Godwin on the 3/4.

0 RB isn't as terribad strategy in PPR formats as it might sound like.  Especially if you're rocking top-shelf receivers.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, Dr LBC said:

Draft order was released for my Big Money league (12-team, standard scoring, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex) and these are my current quandaries:

- Barring something completely unexpected, I'm taking Dalvin with the #2 - the most optimal R1 strategy in this league is go RB and go with the least-likely-to-bust option, knowing that there will be at least 2 dumbass picks made before the pick gets back to me.  I can confidently know that I'll get one of McCaffrey, Dalvin, or Henry and I'm perfectly fine with that.

- I'm extremely high on Justin Jefferson this season, even though I expect some regression in the amount to which the Vikings will pass this year (I've explained it in other threads, I can do again here - I think Jefferson is less likely to be affected by that than others on the roster).  That said, that minor slight, in addition to not loving the idea of investing my first two picks into guys in the same offense (on a team I don't expect to be in a position to runaway with their division), plus wanting to do everything I can to ensure my first 2 picks hit as Top 8-10 producers at their positions, has me strongly leaning towards taking DK here because of the TD floor being so valuable in this league, or even favoriting taking one of the two remaining Top 3 TE's (I can pretty much guarantee Kelce won't get to me here; if he did, I'd ****** him in a heartbeat) and seeing who wraps around to me 2 picks later.  A lot will likely also depend on what RB's are still available.  I don't love the idea of going RB-RB at #2, but if I can guarantee having one of the 3 RB's in my Tier 1 on my roster and one of the majority of my Tier 4 guys (I don't have massively large tiers and I expect all my T2 and T3 guys to be gone by Pick 23), I have a foundation I can definitely work from and know I'll be competitive week-to-week.

- The sole caveat to my taking DK at the previous pick is that is does run a bit in the face of my guy I strongly expect to outproduce his ADP who I see as a major value option in this years draft that could be had in the 5th (earliest), likely 6th or 7th round of this draft: Tyler Lockett.  And who, despite his week-to-week consistency issues, I'm perfectly fine running with as my WR2, especially if I have a a WR1/WR1-equivalent who I feel secure in the consistency thereof.  Opinions welcome here, but based off how I have him statted out, I have him projected as a Top 20 WR this season and being able to get him as late as I expect, allows me to go hard at RB for my RB/WR flex to ensure I'm starting 3 favorable starting RB's weekly with my R3 through ~R5 picks.

- I'm, as normal, going to wait on QB to a point.  QB's tend to go early, then lull before picking back up again in this league.  I don't normally draft backup QB's ever, though I'm genuinely earmarking the idea of not drafting a kicker (I'll drop a low-priority guy prior to week 1 to get someone on my roster for the week) and instead keeping my last pick tabbed for a flier on Trey Lance.  We're drafting (this weekend) far enough ahead of the start of the season that I can pretty much ensure getting that value on him and if he does win the job leaving camp, I'm confident he'll do enough with his legs to ensure a Top 12 fantasy QB floor this season.  That said, I'll likely aim to still draft a starting QB for my team somewhere around R6 or R7 depending on how things have fallen - the big perk of being this close to the end of the snake if that I can take stock of how many teams still don't have a QB relative to who is left on the board and I can (likely) ensure getting ahead of the "last-call" surge.  Ideally it's Brady, who I have projected higher than a number of the guys being picked ahead of him, but based off of consistency over the past several seasons, I'm honestly content to end up with someone like Tannehill.

- Late draft likelihoods who I consistently find myself grabbing in mocks because they're undervalued relative to where I have them statted out (and which ones will be determined by availability and roster construction): Nelson Agholor (I expect the Pats to run the ball a ton, but I still expect him to be the leading receiver on the team), Darnell Mooney (i've tried to at least practice scenarios where he's not there, even if he is in the simulation, because he's a "popular sleeper" I could see fitting the mold that certain guys in my league have a habit of reaching for), Xavier Jones (typically I don't grab him unless I've also laid hands on Darrell Henderson earlier, but he's going to get Malcolm Brown's role from last season at worst), Malcolm Brown (also a late, late possibility given I don't have a ton of faith in Miles Gaskin repeating last season's performance for a number of factors), Terrace Marshall (honestly, in this league I'm likely not drafting him for the sake of our limited bench spots and my feeling that he'll still be sitting on the WW come Week 3 even if he has a solid W1 and W2, just because of more recognizable "names" being there when people go for pickups as well; but there's doing their damnedest to get him acclimated quickly and outside of CMac he very much fits the safety blanket Darnold is known to cling to like Linus from the Peanuts), Devontae Booker (I don't expect Saquon to start the season, so if Booker gets the touches I expect him to get with no Saquon over the first 2 weeks, he can be a productive RB3 while I bed in a rookie runner that I don't expect to be given the lion's share straight out of camp - refer to Jonathan Taylor last season - if not, he's easy last-guy-on-the-bench cut-fodder to drop ahead of week one to grab off the wire during W1 - weird feature of our league - while they're showing out.

Reporting back, I'm not blown away by my team but the building blocks are there, with everything statted out.  Especially when you figure that, realistically, 3-4 of these guys are likely not on my roster come playoff time if I stay liquid and open to trading as-needed.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (7th rounder for the last Tier 2 QB on my board available, I wasn't going to quibble)
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: DeAndre Swift
WR: DK Metcalf
WR: Deebo Samuel
TE: Darren Waller
WR/RB: Chase Edmonds
WR/TE: Antonio Brown
DEF: Patriots
K: TBD (I never draft a kicker when drafting this early; I'd rather have the extra flier draft pick to see if they break camp in a breakout position)

Bench: Travis Etienne, Will Fuller, Russell Gage, Trey Lance

--------

Not in love with my WR's outside of DK, but with the weight the scoring system in this league puts on TD's, effectively, Waller and DK are my WR's 1a and 1b, so I really only need one of that second pure WR to produce at the level of a WR3/middling-TE1 most weeks in order to balance things out.  Swift as an RB2 is a gamble - if he's healthy I feel more secure about that prospect for at least half the season (which is how long I think it takes, minimum, for Etienne to make his case over Robinson and Carlos Hyde for 40+% of the RB touches).  And Edmonds, particularly if James Conner stays as fragile as he's often been, can put up a RB2/3 floor even if he just holds the line set by Kenyan Drake last season, and that Arizona OL is improved from last year to this year.

Gage is likely my first-cut when needed, but in Julio's absence he's shown clear chemistry with Ryan when they've needed to pass and while I like him better in PPR formats, he was a worthy floor stab at a late-round breakout candidate (with Marquez Callaway still on the WW).  I don't carry backup QB's; Lance is a prospective flip-chip if he breaks camp as the starter, or until the bench spot is needed.

30 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

0 RB isn't as terribad strategy in PPR formats as it might sound like.  Especially if you're rocking top-shelf receivers.

Yeah, I guess it just depends on who falls to 12. I think I'll employ that strat if Kelce makes it to me but otherwise just go 1 RB/1 WR if someone like Jones/Ekeler/Chubb are there. Think I can live with something like...

QB: Wilson/Rodgers/Herbert (61)
RB: Jones/Chubb/Ekeler (13)
RB: Carson/Dobbins/Sanders/Jacobs/Henderson (37)
WR: Tyreek/Diggs/Nuk (12)
WR: Evans/Cooper/Thielen/Godwin (36)
WR: Chase/Jeudy/Thomas (60)

or I'll just take WR3 at 37 and gamble at RB2 with someone like Etienne or Mostert/Sermon.

Edited by beekay414

Keepers in my league are official as of today.

CEH, Aaron Jones, Barkley, Tyreek, Kamara, CMC, Zeke, Nuke, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Davante Adams and Derrick Henry.

I think picks 1 and 2 will be Najee Harris and DK Metcalf(Diggs, Ridley and Kelce are still on the board). The guy picking at 2 seems to be in love with Metcalf. I think if this scenario plays out. I'll probably take Diggs? then wait to see who is on the board at 6. I really don't want to miss out on a RB in R1 but its gonna be hard to pick one over Kelce, if he makes it to 6 or Darren Waller.

*We really start off with pick 13 with keepers* So the 6th pick is really 18 for me. *

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Keepers in my league are official as of today.

CEH, Aaron Jones, Barkley, Tyreek, Kamara, CMC, Zeke, Nuke, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Davante Adams and Derrick Henry.

I think picks 1 and 2 will be Najee Harris and DK Metcalf(Diggs, Ridley and Kelce are still on the board). The guy picking at 2 seems to be in love with Metcalf. I think if this scenario plays out. I'll probably take Diggs? then wait to see who is on the board at 6. I really don't want to miss out on a RB in R1 but its gonna be hard to pick one over Kelce, if he makes it to 6 or Darren Waller.

*We really start off with pick 13 with keepers* So the 6th pick is really 18 for me. *

You genuinely think Kelce has a better chance of falling to 6 than Diggs? I’d take Kelce in a heartbeat but if you could get both that’d be sweet. 
Considering the keepers plus Najee going before pick 3, idk if a RB is good value honestly.

Youre keeping Taylor right? Is that this league?