Fantasy Football 2021

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think so. I'd pay up for Lamb if I could but I also wouldn't mind missing out on Lamb and getting Cooper later.

I love Lamb but same thing with Waller, given his recent bump in ADP, I have practically 0 chance to get him round 3 and wont take him at 16. Cooper on the other hand very well could be my 4th rounder and a WR2 which seems like great value if he is healthy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why is that? Where is he at now? I feel like if they think he is closer to starting for SF then it makes sense he'd rise up. Its not like anyone in the high teens is that great either or has his upside

Worst thing that could happen is you spend a late round pick on him and he doesn't start then you can drop him.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

How Trey Lance keeps rising in ADP is beyond me.

Ive heard in some podcasts of him going as high as QB 10 in some leagues, I just dont get it hes a backup QB right now When have backup QBs ever been drafted in fantasy leagues besides maybe superflex leagues. I dont know just baffles me I guess. Ive been playing fantasy for awhile now and I can never remember a backup QB being drafted.

26 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Ive heard in some podcasts of him going as high as QB 10 in some leagues, I just dont get it hes a backup QB right now When have backup QBs ever been drafted in fantasy leagues besides maybe superflex leagues. I dont know just baffles me I guess. Ive been playing fantasy for awhile now and I can never remember a backup QB being drafted.

Oh well thats ridiculous to have him go there. Plenty of good players in that range that are already starting. Theres like 14-15 guys id draft ahead of him in 1 QB re-draft leagues but id love to have him as my QB2 

The thought process with Lance and Fields is based on running QBs being the only QBs that can get you a top 5 season...unless they have a historic TD% like Rodgers did last year....and Brady to a smaller extent but ended up 8th I think.

Its even more of a drastic difference in 4pt for pass td leagues or higher pass yardage per pt leagues.

I took Lance in the 11th round of a 10 teamer after stacking RB and WRs with Kelce in the 2nd...no one else had  his upside in a 4 pt pass td league.

Sone of the 15-20 ranked QBs are still available...Ben/Cousins/Fitzpatrick.

Ended up picking Lawrence cause of his wk1 matchup with the Texans.

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As much as I hate their changes in ADP, every year something really weird happens. Given I'm picking 9 and the guys picking 10-11-12 have a history of shenanigans I might pull something out but I was really hoping for Chubb/Jones to fall to 9, now I really hope Barkley & Taylor go before me, done a few mocks where both fall and that still bugs me a little

Round 1 got worse, no real change for me R2. R3 losing Waller/Lamb sucks but it gives me a shot at some RB talent I didnt expect so maybe I dont feel so forced into RB R1 and R4 gets better.

The new rankings almost force me to take a RB with 2 of my first 4 picks and abandon my pass catcher happy strategy. Question then becomes do I get a Chubb/Ekeler/Gibson still at 12 or am I going with a combination of Kelce, Hill, Diggs and Nuk and then hoping guys like Carson, Dobbins, Sanders get to 36/37? With the new rankings, there's nothing in the 60/61 range at RB with Edmonds and Etienne getting a significant bump up closer to 50 lol.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh well thats ridiculous to have him go there. Plenty of good players in that range that are already starting. Theres like 14-15 guys id draft ahead of him in 1 QB re-draft leagues but id love to have him as my QB2 

I'll absolutly draft him in the 12th round and sit him until he starts. I'll take a free Big Ben to stream.

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Depends on league size but I feel like if you draft him as your 2nd QB, you'll need a 3rd soon after because on the off chance that Lance doesnt see the field for a few weeks, you dont want to be screwed at QB2 in the meantime 

Very good point. For what it’s worth, it’s a 12 team Superflex. Thinking if I go this route, I’ll look to take one of a few boring mid range guys that I think are undervalued (i.e. Cousins, Tua and Fitz) with the ultimate backup plan of taking Jimmy G in one of the last rounds to ride out that week or two of non-starting time. (Then drop him). On the off chance that Jimmy G balls out (thinking the year that Alex Smith played ahead of Mahomes as an example) and keeps lance on the bench, the  investment wasn’t that high and I still get a productive player.

is Lance in the 5th viable?

Rough idea of my draft plan with hypothetical players.  Remember that it’s a Superflex, so push everyone down about a round. 

1st: QB (Kyler)

2nd: RB (Ekeler)

3rd: WR (K Allen-though pretty sure a better stud WR will be available as WRs drop hard in Superflex) 

4th: RB (Carson)

5th: ??QB?? (LANCE)

6th: RB: (Sermon, though also like Javonte Williams as my RB3 )

7th: WR: Claypool/Dionte/Higgins/Aiyuk 

8th+ VBD

10th+ TE and possibly 3rd QB (if one available at value)

16th: Jimmy G

So starting lineup could look like

QB:Kyler Murray

QB: SF QB

RB:Austin Ekeler

RB: Chris Carson

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Chase Claypool

Flex: Trey Sermon

TE: Jonnu Smith (hoping for Higbee though)

I know I’m spending big on mid-round SF guys that might not start… but I think they have the most upside at that point.

thoughts?