RT Juwan James tears Achilles

Broncofan

Well the idea of Risner moving to RT and Meinerz starting week 1 gains steam, unless Calvin Anderson is ready or Paton hits the FA market (the best T available are Okung or Leno - both LT FWIW). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Atrocious signing. Quit on the team in 2020 and now gets hurt in some unsanctioned workout. Hope Paton cuts him and spends the $10m elsewhere. Same with Melvin Gordon if we can void his guarantees. 

There are some FA RTs out there. Dennis Kelly springs to mind. So does Mitchell Schwartz, although I think retirement is in play for him. I’m not sure Risner is likely to move to RT. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Charles Leno is a young option, but never heard why CHI let him go so quickly. Mitchell Schwartz seems like a decent option but he's 31yo already. 

Schwartz is retired - his back is toast.   

Leno it's all about the 9M salary he had.  Chicago's cap situation wasn't great - so once they drafted Jenkins to play T, they were going young and letting Leno walk.   It's surprising they couldn't get any picks back, even a conditional 5th/6th - but then again, their failure to get anything for Kyle Fuller (although at 13M, more understandable why teams didn't bite), probably made it clear Chicago's situation gave them almost no leverage to mine any value.

32 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Atrocious signing. Quit on the team in 2020 and now gets hurt in some unsanctioned workout. Hope Paton cuts him and spends the $10m elsewhere. Same with Melvin Gordon if we can void his guarantees. 

There are some FA RTs out there. Dennis Kelly springs to mind. So does Mitchell Schwartz, although I think retirement is in play for him. I’m not sure Risner is likely to move to RT. 

Kelly & Jason Spriggs seem most likely.   Even if they don't beat out Anderson, we need a viable swing T.  Frankly, signing both may not be crazy.  They shouldn't be expensive.   If Leno can play RT, I'd be intrigued for sure, but he's been traditionally a LT.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

There ARE some FARTs out there.  That is the truth.  I guess James was one of them. 

He has always had the soft label.  This isn’t soft.  Injuries happen.  However, his time in Denver should probably be over.  Coming back from that injury he likely is never the player they spent that money on.

39 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Has anyone calculated how much we’ve ended up paying him per snap? It has to be a hilarious amount.

63 snaps for the Broncos 

$12m signing bonus

$5m base salary for year 1

$150k to hide from covid 

Assuming he doesn’t get any of the $10m base salary this year? $272,222.22 per snap

Assuming NFLPA gets him the full amount? $430,952.38 per snap

I’m…I’m gonna go grab a drink now

• Like 2