RT Juwan James tears Achilles

Broncofan

6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think risner will do very well at RT. He’s got the arm length and base for the position. His issue was always his feet aren’t the fastest. He would be exposed at LT (or even RT if consistently left on an island) but playing next to Glasgow would benefit him. He’s a player (like most) who excelled with consistency and having a 2 players on either side who would double team inconsistently (Boles because he was mirroring his rusher as he should, Cush because he was often confused) left Riser out to dry in all 3 games I got to see last year. 

TLDR: assuming we don’t go all Air Raid with 5 wide every snap he should do well

He actually lined up at RT for a few snaps late last year. I have no idea if he's quick enough against NFL talent to hold up there but I'd like to see. He's not IMO a very good fit at OG. He gets physically beat a lot for an IOL guy. 

Your point on what we do offensively is key. If we tend towards a balanced or run heavy offense next year he could be a great fit outside.

44 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Apparently we have Dennis Kelly coming in for a visit next week. He filled in at tackle for the Titans last year and apparently played well but was a cap cut.

Played every game, no sacks allowed, no holding penalties.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Played every game, no sacks allowed, no holding penalties.

Well why not pick him up then? Clearly if he did the same thing for only one season, he would be worth more than 17 million to the Broncos 😄

1 hour ago, Dbrog24 said:

Well why not pick him up then? Clearly if he did the same thing for only one season, he would be worth more than 17 million to the Broncos 😄

Of the two options with confirmed visits, I definitely prefer Kelly to Bobby Massie who has missed a lot of games the last two years. 

• Like 1

I'm just so happy to be done with the James situation. I know everyone always, me included, gave Bolles a hard time for his repeated mistakes, but at least he was on the field. I won't pretend to know James' intentions with sitting out for various reasons, but I know it would have been rough on the locker room to come back this season. I don't think it's a coincidence a bunch of the Denver reporters have all said the offensive line would need some winning over by him...and rightfully so. By all reports, he has not been a good teammate. 

Kelly is a solid RT. Really good run blocker, not the greatest pass blocker in the world but he's not a liability(probably rank him average at it I suppose) at it either. Not entirely sure why we cut him(I've seen some articles relate it to cap but we've literally done nothing with the money we saved from cutting him). Pairing him with Munchak coaching your OL and he can probably even improve as a pass blocker. Munchak is as good as it gets at helping OL.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Kelly is a solid RT. Really good run blocker, not the greatest pass blocker in the world but he's not a liability(probably rank him average at it I suppose) at it either. Not entirely sure why we cut him(I've seen some articles relate it to cap but we've literally done nothing with the money we saved from cutting him). Pairing him with Munchak coaching your OL and he can probably even improve as a pass blocker. Munchak is as good as it gets at helping OL.

Didn't you guys get him from philadelphia from the dgb trade crazy steal.

3 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

I'm just so happy to be done with the James situation. I know everyone always, me included, gave Bolles a hard time for his repeated mistakes, but at least he was on the field. I won't pretend to know James' intentions with sitting out for various reasons, but I know it would have been rough on the locker room to come back this season. I don't think it's a coincidence a bunch of the Denver reporters have all said the offensive line would need some winning over by him...and rightfully so. By all reports, he has not been a good teammate. 

I never had a problem with bolles because it never had to do with effort it was literally all on his head. He prob got a sports psychologist and it worked.

That chicago game two years ago was brutal but I never saw that team doing anything now if it was a playoff team may of bothered me more.

Kelly would be my choice, especially given his familiarity with Munchak. 

He’s mainly been a swing man throughout his career, but that’s because he was stuck behind two great bookend pairings in Peters/Johnson and Lewan/Conklin. I think you can bring him in as a RT starter. 

• Like 1

If we get Kelly it’s ironic that we get a more reliable T and probably cheaper. As bad as James’ contract ends to being that’s a major windfall to the org.  

But getting a serviceable T is essential now.  Going in with only Bolles / Anderson isn’t an option.  Kelly or Leno are likely the best options - and if Fangio isn’t sold on Leno after his time in Chicago easy to go with Kelly.  

If Paton gets Kelly I don’t think it changes our outlook at all.  I certainly don’t think it makes us less attractive of a destination for a certain HoF unhappy QB.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2