Raiders sign CB Casey Hayward

Turnobili

Probably cheaper than Sherman, offers flexibility to play slot and outside. I think him and Arnette compete for the boundary, loser plays slot. We have legit competition at every level for the first time I can remember. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was a superb college talent. Granted I know that doesn't mean much, but a guy like Nate Hobbs allowed a 100+ rating in college. That doesn't bode well for pro chances. If Robertson can't make strides, he should be gone. But by year 3 we could be looking at a very solid starter if we don't let go of him too soon.

I don’t have any doubts he’ll make the team but the corner room is going to be quite competitive. He’ll have to ball out in TC/Pre Season to get a decent amount of playing time in the regular season. He’s not starting NCB regardless though, that will be either Arnette or Hayward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Expecting little on-field output, but huge dividends with the rest of the young DBs.

It's selling him a bit short. 2020 wasn't his best year but he only allowed 49.4% in his coverage which was 2nd best in the league.

• Like 1

This signing makes me wanna pop in madden cause it makes our roster look pretty decent. Still a pretty average roster imo, but I think even though it’s average, it would tilt more in the direction of above-average than below-average. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't hate this move. Has made since for months. Scheme fit. Has something left in the tank. Vet leadership. 

Lot's of DBs on the roster. Not all of them will make it out of camp.

You burn through avys quicker than we do first round picks.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Outside Starting CB's: Casey Hayward, Trayvon Mullen

Starting Nickel CB: Damon Arnette

Starting Free Safety: Trevon Moehrig

Starting Strong Safety: Johnathan Abram

Outside Corner Depth: Rasul Douglas, Isaiah Johnson, Nevin Lawson, Nate Hobbs

Nickel Corner Depth: Nevin Lawson, Amik Robertson

Safety Depth: Karl Joseph, Jeff Heath, Tyree Gillespie (all three can play both positions, although all three are better suited as Strong Safety)

Honestly, not bad! Not good, but not bad by any stretch. Might have a Middle-Ranked Pass Defense for the first time in ages. 

Big improvement as sad as that is.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Outside Starting CB's: Casey Hayward, Trayvon Mullen

Starting Nickel CB: Damon Arnette

Starting Free Safety: Trevon Moehrig

Starting Strong Safety: Johnathan Abram

Outside Corner Depth: Rasul Douglas, Isaiah Johnson, Nevin Lawson, Nate Hobbs

Nickel Corner Depth: Nevin Lawson, Amik Robertson

Safety Depth: Karl Joseph, Jeff Heath, Tyree Gillespie (all three can play both positions, although all three are better suited as Strong Safety)

Honestly, not bad! Not good, but not bad by any stretch. Might have a Middle-Ranked Pass Defense for the first time in ages. 

OUr defense is going to play as well as our DTs do.  It all starts there and I am not very happy with how it looks.  If Hankins stays healthy and one of our 14 3Ts can brake out we will be good but do not underestimate the importance there.  When we get good play there we will have a defense that produces.  Just wait until we play the Chiefs with Reed and Jones.  Hopefully we do not play them in the first 6 weeks so the O-line has time to settle in.