Raiders sign CB Casey Hayward

Turnobili

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If Lawson is kept, Robertson will be third on the Nickel Depth Chart and not sure how anyone thinks otherwise. Looked quite bad when he did play last year, and pretty lost. This is I’m always extremely weary of LA Tech Prospects. 

Same thing as Parker.  Guy played on the outside in college.  He is not a slot corner.  Parker played LT his entire time in college and is not a RT.  Hey guys I want you to spend 1000's of hours to play that position in the league but once we get there you are going to play somewhere else.  What could go wrong.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

OUr defense is going to play as well as our DTs do.  It all starts there and I am not very happy with how it looks.  If Hankins stays healthy and one of our 14 3Ts can brake out we will be good but do not underestimate the importance there.  When we get good play there we will have a defense that produces.  Just wait until we play the Chiefs with Reed and Jones.  Hopefully we do not play them in the first 6 weeks so the O-line has time to settle in.

Agreed, our worst position by far is DT still. Perhaps we can file an exemption and have all 14 guys line up at the same time. We might get some Aaron Donald type production. 

But seriously, next draft is either DT or CB in the 1st. And I say CB because the class looks awesome and we still need one. Either those two positions or Carr crazily regresses and we go QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was a superb college talent. Granted I know that doesn't mean much, but a guy like Nate Hobbs allowed a 100+ rating in college. That doesn't bode well for pro chances. If Robertson can't make strides, he should be gone. But by year 3 we could be looking at a very solid starter if we don't let go of him too soon.

You want to see him play well put him on the outside.  This team just sees his height assumes a position change.  They have done it to multiple players.  Try him on the outside first before you let him go.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed, our worst position by far is DT still. Perhaps we can file an exemption and have all 14 guys line up at the same time. We might get some Aaron Donald type production. 

But seriously, next draft is either DT or CB in the 1st. And I say CB because the class looks awesome and we still need one. Either those two positions or Carr crazily regresses and we go QB. 

DT is an interesting spot, we really are on some last chance U type of stuff with the guys that we brought in but we definitely have some potential there. How Arnette plays this year and even Leatherwood will have a huge impact on who we go after in the draft next year. 

If we miss the playoffs again I think it could also be a prime year to trade up for a QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

DT is an interesting spot, we really are on some last chance U type of stuff with the guys that we brought in but we definitely have some potential there. How Arnette plays this year and even Leatherwood will have a huge impact on who we go after in the draft next year. 

If we miss the playoffs again I think it could also be a prime year to trade up for a QB. 

The underrated thing about the DT position improvement that people don’t look at is the improvement of the outside rush that give more for offensive lines to account for freeing up the interior.

Edited by Jeremy408

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The underrated thing about the DT position improvement that people don’t look at is the improvement of the edgerushers that give more for offensive lines to account for freeing up the interior.

Yeah, Crosby and Yannick should both be 8-10 sack guys next season. Ideally Ferrell will take a leap this year as well. 

7 hours ago, Turnobili said:

doesnt have what it takes to play slot

Ah, OK 😀 I thought it was a technical phrase like change of direction or nimbleness or something!!! 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Same thing as Parker.  Guy played on the outside in college.  He is not a slot corner.  Parker played LT his entire time in college and is not a RT.  Hey guys I want you to spend 1000's of hours to play that position in the league but once we get there you are going to play somewhere else.  What could go wrong.

It probably has more to do with Parker simply not being good enough for the NFL then an issue with moving him a position. There are a bunch of guys every year who get drafted and asked to switch position. 

• Like 2