Raiders release S Jeff Heath

Turnobili

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

nit picking but wish we added a RB, WR, RG in UDFA 

We signed Dillon Stoner and DJ Turner, both WR's and Turner has some potential as a returner. 

And we also signed RB's Trey Ragas and Garrett Groshek. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Richard is good as a COP/receiving back. However that is exactly what Drake is but only 10x better. I'd cut Richard and roll with Riddick as the 3rd uber cheap back.

Richard is the best pass blocking back on the roster. That is why he's valuable to the team. 

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Little bit surprised we didn't see how Gilespee and Deablo actually looked on the field first before cutting a solid player but they must have confidence in them. 

Imo, it came down to Joseph being cheaper in this case. Signing Hayward left them with very little cap room.

38 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Little bit surprised we didn't see how Gilespee and Deablo actually looked on the field first before cutting a solid player but they must have confidence in them. 

You don't sign KJ and then draft Moehrig, Gilespee, and Deablo if you have confidence in Heath. 

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not a fan of this. Only Safety that played well for us at all. Erik Harris and Johnathan Abram were total trash. 

Moehrig is a plug and play starter. Abram will start at SS and then we have two guys behind them in Gilepsee and Joseph that can play either spot in a pinch. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't sign KJ and then draft Moehrig, Gilespee, and Deablo if you have confidence in Heath. 

Or you realise that sometimes rookies take a year or two to get up to speed, even good ones and you need an experienced vet in the meantime and to help with their development..........

Just now, Darbsk said:

Or you realise that sometimes rookies take a year or two to get up to speed, even good ones and you need an experienced vet in the meantime and to help with their development..........

That's why we resigned Karl Joseph as an insurance policy that can play either safety spot in a pinch. I'd much rather have Hayward than Heath personally. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's why we resigned Karl Joseph as an insurance policy that can play either safety spot in a pinch. I'd much rather have Hayward than Heath personally. 

Oh, I totally understand that and prefer Joseph to Heath, however I was just postulating why a team might keep an experienced, solid guy around as insurance as your previous answer was so blasé.

You're banking on the rookies and Abram which is fine but after having so many let downs I may have been more pragmatic with Richard being a more obvious cut if you want to save money.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, I totally understand that and prefer Joseph to Heath, however I was just postulating why a team might keep an experienced, solid guy around as insurance as your previous answer was so blasé.

You're banking on the rookies and Abram which is fine but after having so many let downs I may have been more pragmatic with Richard being a more obvious cut if you want to save money.

We have so many safeties on the roster and Heath is just okay, Richard has been a dependable 3rd down back for a while.