Raiders release S Jeff Heath

Turnobili

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Can't go wrong with giving Hooker a chance  so we can have two pure FS on the roster rotating. with Kjo and Abrams at SS, giving Gillespie time to develop that would be perfect.

How many DBs are we bringing to camp.  15+ DBs and DB hybrids and still only 1 NT.  On the plus side we have 7 players that can play some form of 3T but not a single clear starter.  Not someone that stands out from the rest of them but rather just one where you can say they are a starting caliber.  Next your could be amazing if we get lucky our we could all be smacking our foreheads wondering how none of them worked out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hooker visited Miami yesterday. Safe to say if they pass, his injury history is too much.

The Malik Hooker you guys think is available and want so badly doesn't exists. He's not the same player you all want him to be. 

His injury history is very concerning. And his lack of durability.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

bunch of jags at those spots.. Noah I would have been sweet, or Alaric Jackson

lol... any player who went undrafted is a JAG or worse. They are undrafted for a reason. Tell me you don't think the Raiders missed a big opportunity on a player who went undrafted. 

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good would be a terrible RT. One of the whole reasons we needed a RT so badly is because Good is a pure Guard and only a RT in a pinch. Also, we have no idea if Andre James will be good or not. The extension and being awarded starter is still dumbfounding to me. 

Like someone else, Cable is gonna have to really earn his money this year. Some super questionable moves.

I'm not quite so down on Good and think he could man the RT spot for a few weeks and be at least average. He isn't worse than Sam Young who basically was our RT last year so at least Carr should stay out of a body bag. 

I don't disagree at all with the Trent Brown trade or Gabe Jackson either, Brown wasn't pulling his not inconsiderable weight and had to be removed. Jackson, though I do like him and he's played through injuries and things simply wasn't great value for his contract so I can see why we did that too, no problem with those two moves especially as we had a ready made replacement for Jackson in house.

Now, the Hudson trade that is the one that seems very knee jerk to me. Hudson was an All Pro level player who was still playing at his peak and though expensive, wasn't crazily over valued to me. If we knew we were going to be bringing in a rookie RT and with Richie's health being a question mark we might be starting a 2nd year guy some games in Simpson I personally would want an experienced guy anchoring the whole thing. Now, we might look like geniuses if James plays well and Incognito stays healthy but there seems numerous more ways that this thing goes south than for everything to go right. We are due a bit of good fortune but I think we're opening ourselves up for trouble more than we should. Hope I'm wrong.

It is very brave by the FO to be fair and they at least have the courage of their convictions but I personally would have kept Hudson for one more year to help assimilate the rookie at RT and Simpson possibly. His salary wasn't that prohibitive IMO and could have easily been worked round even with Miller's extension, Al Davis taught us all that about the salary cap.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... any player who went undrafted is a JAG or worse. They are undrafted for a reason. Tell me you don't think the Raiders missed a big opportunity on a player who went undrafted. 

Let me make it simple: I think an high priority UDFA at guard, or OT convert would have had an easy time making this team. sometimes an UDFA just needs to make a team to get time to develop. 

all UDFA are hard to predict like Day 3 picks, but the NFL is filled with these type of player. Hard to predict but I think these 4 have a shot

• Trey Ragas RB- went undrafted because of small school. Runs with power, and looks great on highlights. Let's see how how he looks against the big boys
  • Matt Bushman TE- would have been drafted if he didn't get hurt. Has alot of tools, could challenge to provide depth 
  • Darius Stills DT- was really good in college, tested out great, but is a unsized. DT room isn't established, so he can make the team with a strong camp. Hopefully he is a gem 
  • Devery Hamilton OT- has elite size, gave him alot of money. Transferred colleges during a pandemic could be a reason he slipped through the cracks

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Let me make it simple: I think an high priority UDFA at guard, or OT convert would have had an easy time making this team. sometimes an UDFA just needs to make a team to get time to develop. 

all UDFA are hard to predict like Day 3 picks, but the NFL is filled with these type of player. Hard to predict but I think these 4 have a shot

• Trey Ragas RB- went undrafted because of small school. Runs with power, and looks great on highlights. Let's see how how he looks against the big boys
  • Matt Bushman TE- would have been drafted if he didn't get hurt. Has alot of tools, could challenge to provide depth 
  • Darius Stills DT- was really good in college, tested out great, but is a unsized. DT room isn't established, so he can make the team with a strong camp. Hopefully he is a gem 
  • Devery Hamilton OT- has elite size, gave him alot of money. Transferred colleges during a pandemic could be a reason he slipped through the cracks

This contradicts what you said though... you said they were a bunch of jags and suggested there were better players who I guess were not jags in your eyes such as Alaric Jackson?

You went out of your way to call the URFA's the Raiders signed "a bunch of jags" what point were you making? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hooker visited Miami yesterday. Safe to say if they pass, his injury history is too much.

The Malik Hooker you guys think is available and want so badly doesn't exists. He's not the same player you all want him to be. 

Same was thought of Crabtree. Or Verrett. We had no qualms bringing Richie back. 

it’s a gamble but for a backup role? Dont see the issue. but i think the door is closed after our draft and signing of Joseph