Post Draft Roster Moves

WindyCity

Really like this pick up...ascending player who even tho he is already 28 year old he seems to be figuring it out over the past few seasons...explosive athlete with return experience and has been used on gadget plays...would not shock me at all to see him make the roster over the likes of Wims, Ridley or even Miller...would be all for trading Miller out at this point to make space for Byrd as it would save us more money.

Honestly, we needed more speed for Fields to take advantage of his downfield ability. This guy doesn't even have to necessarily be good, just pull people back and threaten the deeper ball and help mooney/daz/robinson/Kmet/Cohen get open by forcing defenses to be honest.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Bears signed WR Damiere Byrd

600 yards with New England last season.

4.28 (40)

It looks like we’re going with ARob and Mooney and then a hodge podge of other guys at WR with some sporadic NFL success. Not a terrible approach IMO. Plus, basically everyone but ARob is a burner. Stress the defense with speed and a QB who can hit passes at the 3rd level and open things up underneath for the backs and TEs and runs from our 4.4 QB.

Welcome to the modern NFL, Bears. 

• Like 4

Ive never seen Byrd but 600 yrds is pretty good. I honestly just like that there is competition. I never understood the method of saying, "Leno is fine, we dont need to draft other LT's"

Like this pickup, I think Miller is gone and probably Ridley too. Wims plays special teams, has a big body and a nasty streak so we will see

• Like 2

Upgrading the roster from both direction creating the kind of competition that will replace marginal players with better ones.  Draft well and extend your key core players then fill the gaps with ascending FA and established vets on prove it deals.

I believe we may have reached the point where we'll see even more players signed to one year deals as role players much like NE has done.  This kid had 600 receiving last year yet NE released him.  How many yards did Anthony Miller have?

I see Byrd as a Gabriel type of signing. If he can haul in say 500-600 yeards like last year with a few TD´s spinkled (from the slot) I say you move on from Miller next off season. Miller has to earn his keep just like any other player. No play (good or acceptable levels obviously), no stay.

6 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Wims plays special teams, has a big body and a nasty streak so we will see

by nasty streak, do you mean he punched a guy? because if so, then yeah, i guess he has a nasty streak. he is also 8000% replaceable 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The Bears run game improved in part last year because of Mooney.

Teams had to respect the deep play and defend more grass.

Mooney plus a QB who can throw it deep will help a ton.

Mooney in the Chris Olave role of this offense would be beautiful

• Like 2