2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Point being there is more to it than just the numbers.

Stephon Diggs 2019 with Cousins and 2020 with Allen

15 63 94 1,130 17.9 6 66 41 4 3
16 127 166 1,535 12.1 8 55 73 0 0

KIrk Cousins 2019 with Diggs 2020 without Diggs

15 307 444 69.1 3,603 8.1 26 6 66 28 5 107.4 60.4
16 349 516 67.6 4,265 8.3 35 13 71 39 8 105.0 63.2

Coaching, situations within games, scheme, opponents, other players, defensives ability to limit opponents scoring, etc... all play a role in a players production.  I do not know what the original argument was but Carr got better with Cooper and Allen got better with Diggs.  Diggs got better with Allen and Cooper got better after leaving Carr.

I see what you’re trying to say but that’s an oversimplification because 2019 wasn’t his only year with diggs. His first year on the Vikings he had Diggs which was 2018.

That year he had 4,298 yards 30TDs 10 INTs(which were very identical to his 2020 stats). Therefore 2020 should be chalked up as a bounce back year rather than as a year that he improved without diggs. Jefferson’s not bad either lol

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Allen is probably the most physically talented quarterback in the NFL.

Yup. 

He needed to work on "how" to use his physical talent and the mental aspects of the position, and he's hit a grand slam in both regards. 

....and he seemingly keeps getting better

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I see what you’re trying to say but that’s an oversimplification because 2019 wasn’t his only year with diggs. His first year on the Vikings he had Diggs which was 2018.

That year he had 4,298 yards 30TDs 10 INTs(which were very identical to his 2020 stats). Therefore 2020 should be chalked up as a bounce back year rather than as a year that he improved without diggs. Jefferson’s not bad either lol

Yes.  My point was to show that you can oversimplify the debate with stats and the debate has a lot more variables than we like to get into on this site most of the time.  This is my biggest critique about Carr in the Cooper situation.  Carr needs to recognize that Cooper is a rhythm type of player.  If you get him involved early and often he can take over a game.  If you ignore him for 3 quarters do not expect him to come through in the clutch.  This is also my biggest critique of Cooper.  He needs to develop the mental strength to keep doing his job through 4 quarters no matter the circumstances.  Even if Gilmore has blanketed him for 3 quarters.  Trust in your coaches and QB that they will find a way to win the game because that is what matters.  I never cared if I was the best player on my team.  I cared if my team was better than the other team.

• Like 1

During the first 4 games last season when Cooper played with Dak he averaged 9.2 catches for 100 ypg and in the last 12 games with Andy Dalton he averaged 4.5 catches for 59.4 ypg. When you look at Coopers career he has been on a team with a 4,000+ yard passer once in 6 seasons. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Adam Thielen isn't a scrub either. 

17 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Nope it's not, but you keep claiming he didn't play well in his rookie year when the most you can say is he didn't play well down the stretch or the 2nd half of the season.

So if we're judging him overall he didn't really play that well. According to PFF he ranked 84th out of 121 qualifying corners. We have 4 CBs on our roster that ranked ahead of him according to PFF.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. 

He needed to work on "how" to use his physical talent and the mental aspects of the position, and he's hit a grand slam in both regards. 

....and he seemingly keeps getting better

One of the only project QB's that struggled with accuracy and then actually became an elite player in NFL history. His jump from 2019 to 2020 was one of the biggest in NFL history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One of the only project QB's that struggled with accuracy and then actually became an elite player in NFL history. His jump from 2019 to 2020 was one of the biggest in NFL history. 

His first season was definitely one of those "Ok, he has raw talent" seasons. But raw talent only goes so far. 

His second season was more along the lines of "Ok, he's making progress slowly, but has a looooong way to go still". 

But season 3? My goodness. He looked every bit the definition of a franchise QB. 

I really hope (and by that, I only mean "hope" since nothing is ever guaranteed) last year doesn't prove to be a fluke. He's incredibly fun to watch, it's refreshing seeing visible progress from a QB and a franchise allowing it to play out, and him coming from a small school makes it even better of a story to watch unfold. 

If he meet or exceeds expectations again, he and Mahomes are going to be an absolute pleasure to watch for the next decade +. 

I thought the 90s with Elway, Marino, Young, Montana, Aikman, and Favre was a treat. 

The 2000s onwards with Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning, Warner, Brees, Favre, etc. was a treat. 

The 2020s with Mahomes, Allen, and some of the guys still coming into their own could be some of the best and most entertaining we've seen. 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, raidr4life said:

Or because he's a rookie and rookies tend to wear down year 1 in the NFL seeing they play more games than they do in college. Pff had him number 1 at mid season.

Im not saying he isn’t talented... he is.  But rookies are raw and it takes time to build consistency.  Johnson isn’t so overly talented and skilled in the smaller nuances of CB play that he could sustain the high level.

teams will Always attack the weak links.... rookies are almost always weak links.... and Johnson played well early but prolly showed some stuff on tape that could be exploited.  Teams started to target those things and target him more and your right as a rookie he hit that wall around game 12-14 and slowed down.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:15 PM, ronjon1990 said:

His first season was definitely one of those "Ok, he has raw talent" seasons. But raw talent only goes so far. 

His second season was more along the lines of "Ok, he's making progress slowly, but has a looooong way to go still". 

But season 3? My goodness. He looked every bit the definition of a franchise QB. 

Yeah his first two seasons he had JaMarcus Russell level accuracy, couldn't hit water if he fell off of a boat and last year he was dropping 50 yard dimes on a rope.

• 3 months later...