2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

33 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’d take a special kind of draft idiot to reach this year IMO.  We can go WR, CB, OT (in no specific order) and there are 2-5 guys at each position that could be there.  

CB- Gardner, Booth, Elam

WR- Wilson, Williams (Pending injury updates), London, Burks, Olave

OT- Ekwonu, Green

…. But not only that there will be good 2nd/3rd round picks at each of these 3 positions so If we pick the other position in round 1 we can still fill the position in round 2/3:

CB- Kendrick, Emerson // Gordon, Bryant, Jobe, Banks, Wright, A Taylor, Armour-Davis, Jermaine Waller

WR- Pickens, Bell // Ross, Metchie, Pierce, Tolbert, Doubs, etc

OT- Kennard, Rainmann, Petit-Frere, Kirkland // Faalele, Ryan, Lucas, Walker

There will likely be a debate of what position should go in the first but there’s no reason we should have a reach.  It’s gotta be BPA.

Am I the only 1 who thinks we need DT?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’d take a special kind of draft idiot to reach this year IMO.  We can go WR, CB, OT (in no specific order) and there are 2-5 guys at each position that could be there.  

CB- Gardner, Booth, Elam

WR- Wilson, Williams (Pending injury updates), London, Burks, Olave

OT- Ekwonu, Green

…. But not only that there will be good 2nd/3rd round picks at each of these 3 positions so If we pick the other position in round 1 we can still fill the position in round 2/3:

CB- Kendrick, Emerson // Gordon, Bryant, Jobe, Banks, Wright, A Taylor, Armour-Davis, Jermaine Waller

WR- Pickens, Bell // Ross, Metchie, Pierce, Tolbert, Doubs, etc

OT- Kennard, Rainmann, Petit-Frere, Kirkland // Faalele, Ryan, Lucas, Walker

There will likely be a debate of what position should go in the first but there’s no reason we should have a reach.  It’s gotta be BPA.

Man if we get Pickens in round 3 that would be crazy. I’d even take him in the 2nd. Mega untapped potential there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Man if we get Pickens in round 3 that would be crazy. I’d even take him in the 2nd. Mega untapped potential there. 

I know he hasn't been healthy but I really don't see how he makes it that far (3rd). When he's on the field, he's fantastic.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Am I the only 1 who thinks we need DT?

I think we need another run stuffing NT to go along with Hankins.  But that’s something you spend a 4-7 Rounder on.  Also there really aren’t many Rd1-2 DTs.

I’d like to resign Jefferson for sure and Thomas.  I’m content with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Well I should clarify.

the listings were ….

round 2 prospects / round 3 prospects 

the “/“ separated the two rounds 

Pickens would be a 2nd

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I know he didn't have great competition at the level his school played. But he is fast. When you outrun angles. That is moving.

Apparently he ran a 4.44 coming out of High School - so you would think he would be a bit quicker than that now - plenty fast enough for a guy who is 6-5. Also, he has some moves running sweeps at that size.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is a great WR class. I'm tempted to just double dip on wr with 2 of the first 4 picks. Alot of youth and let the cream rise to the top 

Dependent on who is available I would love them to fix the offense first , get RT, WR, WR, LG in the first four picks.

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Personally I think Justyn Ross is being slept on a lot. I think he's a 2nd round talent at the lowest, but if he can be had in the 3rd, it's a steal. I only think Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Treylon Burks, and Drake London are worth a 1st round pick this year after watching guys more. Olave and Dotson do a few nice things, but nothing wows me about either. Would much prefer them in the 2nd, though neither will likely get to 55. 

I think most accept Ross is an excellent WR, but he probably isn't getting hype because he has medical red flags...if they check out that is a different story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

I think most accept Ross is an excellent WR, but he probably isn't getting hype because he has medical red flags...if they check out that is a different story.

His current stock is also low because it was so high at one point (top 5 overall right before his neck injury) but during the year he was out people Looked in-depth at his tape and saw some Flaws.  Then he’s out for an ear with a neck surgery.  I think he hasn’t been fully analyzed by the scouting community and suffered from scouts going too far with dropping his stock. Quite often when we’re far out from the draft evaluators of all types like To keep Their ratings of players within a certain deviation from the consensus.  Not many people want to be an outlier.  They get bashed for it.  Even if their right in the end no one remembers.  So everyone engages in group think to some degree.

Once Scouts and the online “scouts” fully analyze Ross I think he’ll be considered a 35-50ish prospect.  

• Like 2