2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

(Potential) Needs I see:

SS- Abram either steps up or he doesn't. 

CB- Arnette steps up or mans the slot as CB3. 

IDL- one of our FA's impresses enough or we suck again. Time will tell. 

EDGE/DE- Ferrell? Depending on what we do with Yannick and Crosby, I could see this being a target position depending on who declares. 

WR- we get through 2021 with what we've got and either do well, or the lack of size hurts us. Probably not priority #1 though. 

C- who knows, lol

G/T- again, totally TBD with a lot of new faces starting this year. Miller, Good, and Leatherwood are all 3 deserving of starting. Just a matter of filling in whichever positions are lacking, if any. 

Rest of the team should be pretty solid for 2022 draft purposes, unless there's a catastrophic breakdown or injury or we decide to go QB on day 1. 

if i had to project needs:

DT - Hankins/Jefferson/Thomas/Philon/Irving/Vickers all will be free agents... so regardless of which, if any, pan out, we will need to attack both interior DL positions.

G/C - i'm lumping these positions together. Who knows if Richie will be able to start again in 2022 at 39 years old. Simpson may or may not emerge as a viable option. Maybe they want to keep Good as a versatile reserve and want somebody more dynamic to start. Maybe Andre James is a disaster.

Edge - Yannick is only on a 2 year deal, and he will not be eligible for the franchise tag per his contract... so it would make sense to draft an edge who will be ready to step up at that time. Admittedly, this entry is also in part based on the potential that Ferrell/Crosby disappoint in year 3.

CB - I feel like every good team should be drafting at least 1 CB in the first 2 days of the draft no matter what... but us especially. A lot of young guys who may or may not pan out, and Hayward only on a 1 year deal.

WR - If Ruggs/Edwards don't show well, this will become a big need to take pressure off Waller

thats what I can really foresee

Edited by Turnobili

Unlike this past draft. 2022 got some nice talent at DT. QB heavy draft as well. Carson Strong is my favorite. Think he made the right decision on going back to school. He has a cannon of an arm and great size for a QB. Hope the stigma of his conference doesn't come to play for him cause his talent is real. 

58 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

if i had to project needs:

DT - Hankins/Jefferson/Thomas/Philon/Irving/Vickers all will be free agents... so regardless of which, if any, pan out, we will need to attack both interior DL positions.

G/C - i'm lumping these positions together. Who knows if Richie will be able to start again in 2022 at 39 years old. Simpson may or may not emerge as a viable option. Maybe they want to keep Good as a versatile reserve and want somebody more dynamic to start. Maybe Andre James is a disaster.

Edge - Yannick is only on a 2 year deal, and he will not be eligible for the franchise tag per his contract... so it would make sense to draft an edge who will be ready to step up at that time. Admittedly, this entry is also in part based on the potential that Ferrell/Crosby disappoint in year 3.

CB - I feel like every good team should be drafting at least 1 CB in the first 2 days of the draft no matter what... but us especially. A lot of young guys who may or may not pan out, and Hayward only on a 1 year deal.

WR - If Ruggs/Edwards don't show well, this will become a big need to take pressure off Waller

thats what I can really foresee

Sounds about right. If I had to guess, we will take a DT and guard in the first 2 rounds next year, followed by maybe a CB/receiver/another edge in round 3/4.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sounds about right. If I had to guess, we will take a DT and guard in the first 2 rounds next year, followed by maybe a CB/receiver/another edge in round 3/4.

so many what ifs/potential going into this year. I can't wait to see who wants it 

I think the whole thought process is sign a bunch of guys to prove it deals, whoever proves it gets a 2-3 year contract.  If they regress then we cut them after a year or two and move on.  I think there will be a lot of turmoil at certain positions until we find the right guys for each position.  When guys like K. Miller and D. Waller come along, we keep them long term.

- Tank to #1-#2

- Fire Gruden

- Hire Lincoln Riley

- Trade Carr to Washington for a 1st

- Move Washington’s 1st into the Top 6 with 2022 1st

- Draft Spencer Rattler and Derek Stingley in the Top 6

- Let Lincoln Riley lead you to a Top 8 Offense in Year 2, and Top 2-3 Offense in Year 3. 

Instead, we will keep picking in the Middle of the Draft, basically a way to stay 8-8 forever.