2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 10/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, NYRaider said:

Crosby is good but he was good as a rookie, he had 10 sacks. What DL have we had with Rod on the staff that have gotten better? Ferrell was a top 5 pick and can't even play.

Crosby does look like a much more complete player now than he has been. He's never going to be a great run stopper but his fundamentals have improved I feel, now maybe that's naturally getting older and stronger or whether that's coaching I don't know but even if his sack stats are not as good this year, he's certainly a better player than his first two years.

I like that Thomas is being played to his strengths, and he looks natural and much better there than in San Francisco, that is good coaching and good DCing. Nassib also looks like a new player to me, though I wasn't as down on him as some were last year.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, NYRaider said:

Why did we have like 10 sacks and the worst run defense in the NFL last year with living legend Rod coaching our dudes up?

Weren’t you saying a couple of weeks ago that the Dline has been much improved because Marinelli has had a full pre season working with them ? 

32 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Weren’t you saying a couple of weeks ago that the Dline has been much improved because Marinelli has had a full pre season working with them ? 

I said that it wasn't fair to judge Rod based on last season since we had virtually no off-season time. When Rod got his guys they were David Irving/Maliek Collins, when Gus got his guys they were Darius Philon/Yannick. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I said that it wasn't fair to judge Rod based on last season since we had virtually no off-season time. When Rod got his guys they were David Irving/Maliek Collins, when Gus got his guys they were Darius Philon/Yannick. 

So now you are judging on the players that Gus brought in rather than Marinelli having more time with them even though it’s not fair to judge Marinelli on last season as he had no time in the off season? 

17 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So now you are judging on the players that Gus brought in rather than Marinelli having more time with them even though it’s not fair to judge Marinelli on last season as he had no time in the off season? 

Watching the defense this season, do you genuinely think Rod is more responsible for the DL/overall defensive improvement then Gus? Rod was here last year and the guys we brought in were all busts. Gus shows up and essentially every player we've signed has played well. Don't care to go back and forth, you guys are so petty. Who cares if it was X Y or Z. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Watching the defense this season, do you genuinely think Rod is more responsible for the DL/overall defensive improvement then Gus? Rod was here last year and the guys we brought in were all busts. Gus shows up and essentially every player we've signed has played well. Don't care to go back and forth, you guys are so petty. Who cares if it was X Y or Z. 

Well that’s the question I’m asking you ? 2 weeks ago you were giving credit to Marinelli now you are saying it’s nothing to do with him and it’s all Gus. Bit like when you denied liking Ferrell.

40 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Well that’s the question I’m asking you ? 2 weeks ago you were giving credit to Marinelli now you are saying it’s nothing to do with him and it’s all Gus. Bit like when you denied liking Ferrell.

You're right bro, Rod's the best, I love Ferrell he's my favorite player.