2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm happy we made the Adams trade but damn has it ever killed my excitement for the draft. Usually I am living on mock drafts + YouTube but haven't done a second of that since we made the move.

Same, I've been trying to get excited but it's rough. Round 3 can't get here fast enough.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm happy we made the Adams trade but damn has it ever killed my excitement for the draft. Usually I am living on mock drafts + YouTube but haven't done a second of that since we made the move.

Honestly not having a first or second this year has gotten me more into the draft because it has forced me to research guys in the middle rounds more than I ever would've in the past. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dessie said:

I like this mock. Mathis is a DT that would be a good fit if Graham goes with the kind of DL he had at the Giants. Pierce is my favourite RB, good pass catcher, plays ST and not much wear on him. I think Salyer goes higher but in that spot he’s huge value. I’d probably like to go safety (Lake) late. 

Mathis seems like he'd be the perfect pick for us in the third round if he's there. I love Pierre Strong Jr as well, think he can be this years Elijah Mitchell. 

17 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Well, I have seen you liked mine aswell 😉

My first 3 picks were simply too good to pass on.

I picked Goodrich and Salyer because there were reports that we have spoken to them.
Pierce because I still think, that we will pick an RB in this draft and Melton because he was one of the fastest in the combine.

Never bad to invest a late round pick into a RB although we do have a lot tied up into Drake/Jacobs but neither guy is guaranteed to be back past this season. 

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

This draft is so deep a O-line that the Raiders could probably get a starter in the 3rd round maybe in the 4th too.

One position that hasn't been mentioned much is center, wouldn't be surprised to see us draft one. 

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This. 

He isn't a pro-caliber Safety. Not as a starter, and not really even as a backup unless it's as a deep reserve in an emergency pinch and it's him or a random WR. Dude is Taylor Mays without the attitude stuff. 

Use him, he can be valuable in some role. But expecting him to progress into a serviceable Safety is a pipe dream and he would always just be a blatant weak link. Do him and other 10 guys on D a favor and stop letting him embarrass himself. 

Abram is our D's Taysom Hill. He can play a role, possibly quite a few, but that's because of raw athletic talent. Whatever position he played in college.....that ain't it and it ain't gonna work. He's not a skill player, he's an instinctual raw athlete. 

Hell, run a false 3-3-5 with him in a rush LB/S hybrid role. He'd probably actually be pretty good at that lol. He has a nose for the ball, as long as the ball is in someone's hands and not in the air. 

Frankly, letting him play the box exclusively would probably help cover for Crosby's run D shortcomings. 

Abram is living off of the fact that he was a first round pick. Even at the time he was drafted basically everyone and their mother had questions about how his game would translate to the NFL because he was only good coming forward but struggled in coverage. He may have been good a decade or two ago when safeties were able to just take guys heads off across the middle of the field but he just cannot cover or hold up in space to save his life. 

As you said you can find a role for him but unfortunately he just doesn't have the type of talent where you should be even moving things around to get him on the field. Really don't expect him to start and wouldn't be surprised if he's traded on draft day or even a surprise cut during training camp. 

I'm interested to see how Crosby does as a run defender this year, I think one of the main reasons our entire DL struggled against the run was because of Bradley's scheme. 

On 4/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Starters who are risky going into the Draft: 

• RT - Brandon Parker - Coaches and GM seem to like him, still a bit of a risk. If Parker is going be the starter, the depth sucks. No LT2, iffy RT, and a iffy swing tackle too. 
  • DE- Ferrell- Hasn't really done much. Could a switch to 3-4 save his career as a Raider. Contract year, and his last chance. No depth behind him 
  • SS- Abram - another guy on his last legs. Played better last year, but isn't the best in coverage. Harmon could challenge him for PT. Make or break contract year 
  • WR2- Edwards- I thought he flashed last year when he seen targets. It was basically his rookie year, and he was facing CB1. Didn't look like a future star so people low on him. Veterans Demarcus Robinson, and Mack Hollins were brought in to challenge for that WR2 spot. Still could add more juice to that unit. 

Starters who are average and over 30 

• NT- Hankins- in a new system. I consider him average starter, but a good team player. Isn't a stud but isn't a weakness. We brought in Butler/Billings to hopefully surprise in camp. Butler was a former 1st round pick who might have a ceiling in this system. 
  • RG- Good- isn't a stud, but wouldn't get abused in the past. He is coming off a major injury and over 30. I think we move Leatherwood to LG, and we brought in that Bears Bars to challenge for Good spot. If Good is hurt again, we have a former starter waiting in the wings. I see Simpson as nothing more than a depth/end of the roster guy. 

Some notes on this:

• I think there will be a competition at RT between Parker, Leatherwood, Elemunor, and potentially Good assuming that we don't draft/sign anyone. 

• I think Chandler Jones/Maxx Crosby are our two starters at edge with Nichols/Hankins inside.

• I think Harmon starts at S over Abram

my final list of favorite targets fo draft. I do hope we go OL or Defense in round 3. Here is my short list 

WR: Christian Watson, Wandale Robinson, Calvin Ashley, Jalen Tolbert, Sky Moore, Alex Pierce 

OT:  Faalele, Petit- Frerer, Lucas, M Mitchell, R Walker

OG: KINNARD, Rhyan, Goedeke

Edge: Ojabo, Sam Williams, DOMINIQUE ROBINSON, Drake Jackson, CHRISTOPHER ALLEN

3-4 DE: Cam Thomas, Joshua Paschall, Logan Hall, Zach Carter 

LB: Q Walker, D Clarke, L Chanel, Chad Muma, T Anderson, Brandon SmithM Rodriquez, Tindall, Asamoah 

DT: Travis Jones, PERRION WINFREY- I don't really like this class

CB: ZYON MCCOLLUM, M Jones, Coby Bryant, Joshua Williams, Alontae Taylor , JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS,  T Woolen, Cordale Flott

S: Lewis Cine, B Cook, N Cross, Pitre, T Anderson, JT Woods

Analysis: We should have a lot of good options on a 3rd round prospect if we go BPA. I think we will go BPA because we are just about 2 deep across the board. Of course I hope a few guys fall through the cracks ala: Ojabo, Watson, Q Walker, T Jones, Lewis Cine, B Cook/Pitre. I think we are in a good position to grab a nice CB Edge or LB in the 3rd. Heres my final top 10 

1) Faalele- willingly to overlook weight issues, I like him in the early 2nd. He's always been one of my guys , reminds me of Orlando Brown Concerns 
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/daniel-faalele/32004641-4128-5512-32d8-b85043c109b6

2) Sam Williams- not much talk about this guy. But I think he would be a home run 3rd rounder. A 3-4 edge with elite potential. Perfect for the 3rd 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-williams/32005749-4c51-5041-55e2-aa34560a7119

3) Ojabo- would have been a 1st without the injury. Maybe he drops until the 3rd? Another high ceiling edge 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/david-ojabo/32004f4a-4141-5291-9c6d-849217a312b3

4) Wandale Robinson- hes one of my favorite prospects. Reminds me of Tooney and Elijah Moore. Smaller wideout but explosive, adds more juice to the WR unit. People didn't go gaga with his combine 4.44 because it wasn't 4.3. However, he plays very fast. WR class is so deep, a few steals will be there in the mid rounds 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wan-dale-robinson/3200524f-4271-7726-8cbf-ec8b4c6b1627

5) Zyon McCollum- small school kid, with the traits and film. I think he is being overlook and would be a fine 3rd rounder 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zyon-mccollum/32004d43-4349-6223-dfc9-cd33beb7fa6f

6) Nick Cross- I think he is a lights out safety prospect. He's projected in the 3rd, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the second. All around player at safety 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-cross/32004352-4f45-3765-23e6-2cd9c4c4be6b

7) Sky Moore/Calvin Austin/Jalen Tolbert- sorry but I like all 3 alot, and all 3 can be plus starters as a WR2. All are explosive 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/skyy-moore/32004d4f-4f67-8505-ee46-18aa406b13ff

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-tolbert/3200544f-4c14-8914-de91-cd54d59de2a2

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/calvin-austin-iii/32004155-5373-8004-5ff3-52f1c2b4fb0b

8. D Clarke- I think we are in position to grab a really solid LB in the 3rd. Perryman is going be 30 in 2023 so we might improve the depth and add a future defensive captain. I see alot of other Lbs rising like Chenel, Anderson, Muma, Rodriquez so Clarke might drop. Can't go wrong with any of those guys in the 3rd. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/damone-clark/3200434c-4123-9010-bfbd-6f575fb561ea

9. D Robinson/ Z Paschal- another edge who I think has a very good ceiling in the 3rd. I think a very talented edge might slip to our pick in the 3rd 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dominique-robinson/3200524f-4240-4567-d940-a5c388777ffe

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joshua-paschal/32005041-5306-8486-93fc-0cae1c9cca7f

10. JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS- only one year starter at BAMA. he has all the tools to be better in the NFL. Size, athletic, flashed. His best football is ahead of him. In a deep corner class, quality should drop in rounds 3-4. I also really like Cordale Flott

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalyn-armour-davis/32004152-4d04-6414-93f6-f7dc9dcb5422

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cordale-flott/3200464c-4f22-4635-a9c1-7923c6eb212a

Edited by Humble_Beast

@Humble_Beast I doubt that Watson, Ojabo, Sam Williams, or Cross make it to us at #86. 

It looks like we'll have some options at RT with guys like Rasheed Walker, Daniel Faalele, etc projected to go around our pick. 

Calvin Austin is one of the WR's I'd be okay with just because he has that Ruggs speed, I like Pierce too just don't think he's much better than Edwards next season. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Humble_Beast I doubt that Watson, Ojabo, Sam Williams, or Cross make it to us at #86. 

It looks like we'll have some options at RT with guys like Rasheed Walker, Daniel Faalele, etc projected to go around our pick. 

Calvin Austin is one of the WR's I'd be okay with just because he has that Ruggs speed, I like Pierce too just don't think he's much better than Edwards next season. 

Exactly, we already have a big body WR2 who isn't as explosive, so none of those type made in on my top 10. Austin, Robinson, Tolbert all explosive and very enticing even If I would rather go T, Edge, LB, S, or CB before WR. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Exactly, we already have a big body WR2 who isn't as explosive, so none of those type made in on my top 10. Austin, Robinson, Tolbert all explosive and very enticing even If I would rather go T, Edge, LB, S, or CB before WR. 

I think there's a good chance we take Danny Gray in the 5th round if he's there. Edwards is pretty explosive, he was like 4th in the NFL in YPC. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

last year only 4 safeties went in the top 3 rounds: Holland, Moehrig, Cisco, Grant 

the top 5 safeties of 2022: Hamilton, Brisker, Hill, Cine are the top 4. 5 safety Is debatable between Pitre and Cross so it's possible 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's a good chance we take Danny Gray in the 5th round if he's there. Edwards is pretty explosive, he was like 4th in the NFL in YPC. 

Edwards isn't a Burner, he knows how to use his body. He dropped during the draft because of his lack of separation, and it showed at times last year. I do think he has a good chance to break out this year. I just think we could use more speed and a burner. Tolbert, Austin, Robinson are all really good prospects who are burners, it will be tempting to bite on one of them. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

last year only 4 safeties went in the top 3 rounds: Holland, Moehrig, Cisco, Grant 

the top 5 safeties of 2022: Hamilton, Brisker, Hill, Cine are the top 4. 5 safety Is debatable between Pitre and Cross so it's possible 

I'd take a long look at Cross if he's there he just tested extremely well at the combine. It looks like he'll make it to us in the GM mock draft along with Faalele and possibly Calvin Austin in the 4th.