2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We should trade down that 3rd for multiple 4th rounders. Unless we draft Rhyan G, or another good tackle drops in the 3rd. Then go to town in the 4th 

I'd be game for this. The difference in quality between a 3rd and 4th round prospect is pretty negligible to us at this point. We've got the "stars", plug the holes now. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd be game for this. The difference in quality between a 3rd and 4th round prospect is pretty negligible to us at this point. We've got the "stars", plug the holes now. 

I don't see a spot where someone drafted in 3rd is going come in and start ( maybe RT).. Usually Rookie tackles struggle anyway unless some top 10 blue chip.

50 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I am down for a trade down unless Abraham Lucas or Daniel Faalele are there.

this would be a perfect way to end the offseason 

3- Faalele T- would challenge Parker and I think would beat him out. Tackle unit lacks depth on the team.  

4- trade down and add two 5ths  

5-

• A)  S- Bubba Bolden- I think he is going be a steal. Was battling injury last year 
  • B) WR-Danny Gray- adds speed to unit, someone to compete 
  • C) RG- Zach Tom- convert from LT, highly athletic and talented. Just a little small 
  • D) trade back add 2 6th rounders 

6-

• A) CB- Issac Stewart - Take a shot late on a boom or bust corner 
  • B)  LB- Damone Clarke- we redshirt him for the year. See if he can bounce back 

7- Edge Chris Allen- has the athletic ability, just bad luck of injuries in college. Interesting late 

TARGET in UDFA: Developmental QB, RB, WR, NT, 3-4 END, CB (deep class)

Post draft June 1- Sign Ereck Flowers and Honey Badger 

Extension: Waller new deal, Decline options on Abram and Ferrell. Pick up Jacobs option

2023 Draft: WR, ILB, NT, CB could be attacked in the next year draft or free agency 

Edited by Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't see a spot where someone drafted in 3rd is going come in and start ( maybe RT).. Usually Rookie tackles struggle anyway unless some top 10 blue chip.

To expect a 3rd round pick to come in and start isn’t a good strategy imo. I thinks it’s more likely we bring in another vet OL and maybe safety if Abram isn’t a scheme fit.

With our picks this year we should be looking to build depth, with one eye looking at positions in a years time we might be short on. Trading down might be an option. 

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

With our picks this year we should be looking to build depth, with one eye looking at positions in a years time we might be short on. Trading down might be an option. 

We're going to be short on depth at basically every position, we have 71 guys under contract and 36 are on 1 year deals, lol. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We're going to be short on depth at basically every position, we have 71 guys under contract and 36 are on 1 year deals, lol. 

You don’t think the staff will have an idea who they want to retain and who they won’t, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You don’t think the staff will have an idea who they want to retain and who they won’t, lol. 

In two weeks before they've seen any of them play in their scheme or how the season has played out? We're also going to be in a weird spot if/when we rework Waller/Renfrow contracts because we likely won't be able to afford some of the guys we want to keep. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In two weeks before they've seen any of them play in their scheme or how the season has played out? We're also going to be in a weird spot if/when we rework Waller/Renfrow contracts because we likely won't be able to afford some of the guys we want to keep. 

You don’t think they will be aware of any potential cap issues going forward, it’s the GMs job to forecast how the roster is going to look going forward not on a year by year basis.

7 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You don’t think they will be aware of any potential cap issues going forward, it’s the GMs job to forecast how the roster is going to look going forward not on a year by year basis.

I'm sure that they have an outlook on what they'd like to do but the reality is that they all just got here. Ziegler has never been in the building with the guys we retained and we had a high turnover rate this off-season bringing in a ton of guys on 1 year deals. And we've never seen any of these guys play together or in McDaniels/Graham's schemes. We're going to have a bunch of new starters, particularly on defense, in a brand new scheme. 

They've said from the beginning that they want to go BPA and with how many guys we have on 1 year deals I think that puts us in an even better position to take that route. I do think that S, CB, DT, LB, and OL all stand out as units that we need to build depth though. Not to mention Drake is a free agent after next season and Jacobs could be too if we don't pick up his 5th year option.

Going into 2023 the players we have under contract:

Defensively 1 DT (Nichols), 2 CB (Hobbs/Amik), 2 S (Moehrig/Gilespie), and 1 LB (Deablo). 

Offensively we have 1 RB (Bolden, maybe Jacobs), 2 WRs (Adams/Edwards), 1 TE (Waller), 1 OT (Miller), 2 OG (Simpson/Leatherwood), and 1 C (James). 

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope that we use some of that cap space to bring in another OT.