2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that we probably shouldn't emphasize immediate contribution as the main thing that we're looking for in prospects but they should be guys that you think can start or play a role either this year or at the very latest next year.

🤦‍♂️ so you agree with building depth looking at the future, which was my point lol. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

🤦‍♂️ so you agree with building depth looking at the future, which was my point lol. 

I don't think we should pass on a guy who's more ready to contribute this year for a lesser prospect hoping that he can fill a need in a year, lol. Luckily for us though most of the spots that we're losing our depth are weaker parts of our roster so if we draft guys at those spots they should have a chance to play this year. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we should pass on a guy who's more ready to contribute this year for a lesser prospect hoping that he can fill a need in a year, lol. Luckily for us though most of the spots that we're losing our depth are weaker parts of our roster so if we draft guys at those spots they should have a chance to play this year. 

Never said that lol, course if there is someone you feel will be the better player you take them. 

I said we should be looking to bolster depth with one eye on the future like you said lol. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Never said that lol, course if there is someone you feel will be the better player you take them. 

I said we should be looking to bolster depth with one eye on the future like you said lol. 

Well considering we have basically no depth going forward, anyone we take would be good depth in the future, lol. I like what we've done but I still have some major concerns about the roster going forward. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Well considering we have basically no depth going forward, anyone we take would be good depth in the future, lol. I like what we've done but I still have some major concerns about the roster going forward. 

Seems like you are arguing with yourself again lol, as that was my point re the roster, think we have addressed many of the holes for this year but going forward is an issue. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dessie said:

Seems like you are arguing with yourself again lol, as that was my point re the roster, think we have addressed many of the holes for this year but going forward is an issue. 

Yes so you go BPA this year to get guys who can contribute, lol.

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

*fixed it for you, glad you agree lol. 

Ideally the BPA will contribute immediately and improve next year, lol. But we agree on the main point, we need to go BPA at positions that we don't have depth going forward into future seasons.

Who do you want us to draft?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Ideally the BPA will contribute immediately and improve next year, lol. But we agree on the main point, we need to go BPA at positions that we don't have depth going forward into future seasons.

Who do you want us to draft?

What if the BPA is say Edge or RB, we wouldn’t need a contribution immediately (would be great if they do), but would be someone we can use going forward (Jones is 32, Jacobs option likely not picked up). Like you say we agree on the point I raised re depth going forward lol. 

So difficult when picking in 3rd round but some of my favourite prospects are Salyer OL, Pierce WR & RB, Pitre S (pipe dream by looks) Mathis DT, Likely TE, Beavers LB. 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

What if the BPA is say Edge or RB, we wouldn’t need a contribution immediately (would be great if they do), but would be someone we can use going forward (Jones is 32, Jacobs option likely not picked up). Like you say we agree on the point I raised re depth going forward lol. 

So difficult when picking in 3rd round but some of my favourite prospects are Salyer OL, Pierce WR & RB, Pitre S (pipe dream by looks) Mathis DT, Likely TE, Beavers LB. 

You can always use additional pass rushers and I still think that we'll end up picking up Jacobs option just because 2023 is the last team friendly year on Carr's deal so we can afford him at $8M. 

I like Mathis, Abraham Lucas, Cam Pierre-Strong, Nick Cross, Calvin Austin, Daniel Faalele, Tariq Woolen, Brandon Smith, and a few other guys. 

Edited by NYRaider

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd bet a significant amount of money that we go CB with our 1st pick. Averrett, Mullen, Ya Shin are all free agents after this season.

As long as it's not Marcus Jones, I'm cool with it. 

I just don't know who would be available there really that wouldn't be a bit of a reach. Really hope we trade down and just grab 2. 

This entire class is weird for me. There were a handful of guys I loved round 1 or 2. There's quite a few in the 4th and 5th. But around 86..... outside of a surprise fall, just feels flat to me. Even mocks I've done have relied on someone randomly being available there lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

As long as it's not Marcus Jones, I'm cool with it. 

I just don't know who would be available there really that wouldn't be a bit of a reach. Really hope we trade down and just grab 2. 

This entire class is weird for me. There were a handful of guys I loved round 1 or 2. There's quite a few in the 4th and 5th. But around 86..... outside of a surprise fall, just feels flat to me. Even mocks I've done have relied on someone randomly being available there lol

I love Cam Taylor-Britt at #86, I think he's the perfect fit for Graham too because you can play him on the outside, at nickel, or at safety. The 3 small school CB's all have 1st round traits but are raw (Woolen, Josh Williams, McCollum). 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I love Cam Taylor-Britt at #86, I think he's the perfect fit for Graham too because you can play him on the outside, at nickel, or at safety. The 3 small school CB's all have 1st round traits but are raw (Woolen, Josh Williams, McCollum). 

Gotta watch some of the first two, but McCollum scares me. 6'4 for a CB is a tough sell, imo. Looks great on paper, but man I can see it being rough going against smaller, shiftier WRs.