2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m wondering what everyone, you included obviously, thinks:

1) what are the chances we trade up into round 2?

2) who would we target or what position?

3) what we give up to do so? Are we talking our 4th and 5th this year? I doubt it, as I can’t see us only having 3 Picks total.  Is it a  2023 2nd/3rd and 86?  Is it a combo of picks this year and next like: 86, 5th, 2023 3/4?

I say trade 3rd and 5th move up for Travis Jones UCONN. In any other draft he'll be late 1st early second round pick but with all the depth he should be late 2nd early 3rd.

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

3) what we give up to do so? Are we talking our 4th and 5th this year? I doubt it, as I can’t see us only having 3 Picks total.  Is it a  2023 2nd/3rd and 86?  Is it a combo of picks this year and next like: 86, 5th, 2023 3/4?

Hear trades for Seattle’s 2nd cause they have 2 back to back for our 3rd this year and 2nd and 4th for 2023

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m in the camp of “I’d move up to secure a RT like Abraham Lucas in the top of round 3, if he’s there, but if not I’d stay pack and take my lumps this year instead of paying the next years picks are devalued one round ‘interest’ that comes with trading future picks.  I wouldn’t trade above a ‘23 4th plus 4/5th this year to move up.  I want to see Ziegler have a full draft next year.

Rt is definitely #1 need

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it's unlikely unless we are willing to give up our 1st round pick next year. 

I kinda want to trade down to the 4th and land more picks unless one of these guys drop 

• Bernhard Rainman
  • Nicholas Petit Frere
  • Tyler Smith
  • Daniel Faalele 
  • Jalen Tolbert
  • Christian Watson
  • Jahan Dotson
  • Sky Moore
  • Travis Jones
  • Sam Williams
  • Bryan Cook
  • Lewis Cine
  • Jalen Pitre

unless one of those guys are there, I would trade down 

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

leatherwood is better than that big softy

Talk about “big for nothing”

https://twitter.com/PFF_Anthony/status/1488947056685338635

Faalele’s fans always start every sentence the same way: “for his size….”.  We’ll “for his size”…. he got lit up by a much smaller player!  and Jesse Luketa is a 7/UDFA level OLB prospect…. He’s not all-star for sure!

I’d be very upset is Ziegler drafted Faalele at 86.  I don’t care that he’s 386lbs…. To be thats a detriment.  At some point too much weight is a detriment, as it effects his ability to move fluidly.  

Edited by jimkelly02

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Talk about “big for nothing”

https://twitter.com/PFF_Anthony/status/1488947056685338635

Faalele’s fans always start every sentence the same way: “for his size….”.  We’ll “for his size”…. he got lit up by a much smaller player!  and Jesse Luketa is a 7/UDFA level OLB prospect…. He’s not all-star for sure!

I’d be very upset is Ziegler drafted Faalele at 86.  I don’t care that he’s 386lbs…. To be thats a detriment.  At some point too much weight is a detriment, as it effects his ability to move fluidly.  

Huge red flag about his speed.  Guys that run slower than a 5.4 40 almost always bust.  Orlando Brown is the outlier and his college play was 5 tiers higher than Faalele's.  I would not be surprised if he was not drafted until the 5th.  If somebody wants to grab him early then have fun.  To much of a risk for me until the last couple rounds.