2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Issue with going for a tackle with the 3rd is they might not be any better then a second year, Cable-less Leatherwood. 

If we are going o-line I'd personally go gaurd or a tackle that would transition to guard.

I could see our line being a lot better this season just with better coaching and Leathewood, James, Simpson and Parker another year with starting experience

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

offensive line still sucks.. far from a complete offense 

We need a RT.  I'm honestly wondering why no one has talked about D. Good going back to RT though.  He played decently there two years ago.

I think if you want to put completion percentages on offense and defense, our offense is close to 90% (need one more good OL) and our defense is around 60% (need 2 DTs, safety to replace Abram, another LB maybe, just really not happy with our defense right now).  

I think our offense is more than capable of putting up 30 ppg.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, Jerry said:

I quit caring about this thread after the Adams trade.  I click on it because I see there are new posts but then I realize it's about the draft and just click back out.

Love you guys though.  I'll be sure to look at this thread more once we are picking in the third round.

I had to look up when the draft was today because I didn't know. 🤪

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I’m wondering what everyone, you included obviously, thinks:

1) what are the chances we trade up into round 2?

2) who would we target or what position?

3) what we give up to do so? Are we talking our 4th and 5th this year? I doubt it, as I can’t see us only having 3 Picks total.  Is it a  2023 2nd/3rd and 86?  Is it a combo of picks this year and next like: 86, 5th, 2023 3/4?

I think we move up in the 3rd 65-75 and go WR or RB to replace Jacobs. If Defense DT/CB

11 minutes ago, G said:

I think we move up in the 3rd 65-75 and go WR or RB to replace Jacobs. If Defense DT/CB

I don't understand why we would be trying to replace Jacobs right now.  I feel like that is a next year's draft kind of thing.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

We need a RT.  I'm honestly wondering why no one has talked about D. Good going back to RT though.  He played decently there two years ago.

I think if you want to put completion percentages on offense and defense, our offense is close to 90% (need one more good OL) and our defense is around 60% (need 2 DTs, safety to replace Abram, another LB maybe, just really not happy with our defense right now).  

I think our offense is more than capable of putting up 30 ppg.

I think we are going keep Leatherwood at RT and try to develop him. Rookie tackles usually suck, and Cable did him no favors. Good will be back at RG. I could see us draft a guard to replace Richie. Simpson is meh and the Bears guy is solid depth. 

16 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Issue with going for a tackle with the 3rd is they might not be any better then a second year, Cable-less Leatherwood. 

If we are going o-line I'd personally go gaurd or a tackle that would transition to guard.

I could see our line being a lot better this season just with better coaching and Leathewood, James, Simpson and Parker another year with starting experience

I agree with this, just can’t see that the OL is better off with a 3rd round rookie. I think it’s more likely we get a vet to contribute immediately and help the younger guys. 

• Like 1