NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Guys I want:

Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

Phidarian Mathis | DT | Alabama

Jalyn Armour-Davis | CB | Alabama

Calvin Austin | WR | Memphis

Cam Taylor-Britt | DB | Nebraska 

how many times have you told us you want Faalele?  Probably more times then pounds he weighs, lol.  I like all the rest but not that big on Austin in round 3.  I love you speed but he’s not a refined wide receiver and more of a gadget player.  There are lots of small fast WRs that are better in that short range then deep and while he can run deep routes he’s a bit unrefined. 

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

i think the starters for 2022 are already on the roster for the most part, i can see us landing some FA's post June 1. With our picks this week, i hope were looking for quality players regardless of position who can be quality depth year 1 and have the potential to be impact players moving forward. 

Yeah I think more starters are on the roster already, but the OL outside of LT and C has to be decided from the players we currently have.  Also, I could potentially see us adding a S Like a Mathias that be becomes a starter.  Lastly, it’s a very small chance and almost an afterthought but if we sign a veteran speedy WR depending who it is They could unseat Edwards if he has a bad camp.  I really only see Will Fuller as someone currently available who is capable of that,,,,, but someone could get cut.  Luckily for Edwards if they were to happen it’d likely be short lived and Fuller would on on IR by week 6.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Danny gray if he makes it to day 3 would be a great pick for us. I have watched more of him and I really like him. Mooney vibes.

I like but don’t live him but then again it’s round 7.  He’s better at actual deep routes then some of the other fast WRs.  But, he didn’t run a run of 9 routes and deep posts etc, it was more short to intermediate routes, so I have concerns that whole fast he might not be the deep route, speed WR we need, at least immediately.

31 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

how many times have you told us you want Faalele?  Probably more times then pounds he weighs, lol.  I like all the rest but not that big on Austin in round 3.  I love you speed but he’s not a refined wide receiver and more of a gadget player.  There are lots of small fast WRs that are better in that short range then deep and while he can run deep routes he’s a bit unrefined. 

We'll probably draft Carson Strong with the 2nd we get from trading Waller. #Value

We'll probably draft Carson Strong with the 2nd we get from trading Waller. #Value

The only thing that happens more then stating your desire to draft Faalele is me Correcting your false narrative. 

For hopefully, the last time I’ll Correct your False narrative FOR the other posters…. As you know the truth but nonetheless keep falsely portraying recent history.

i Never EVER said “I want the Raiders To draft Carson Strong”.  

At absolute most I said there is some merit to drafting a possible future starting QB, who could serve as a backup for a few years, in round 3.  I felt like at 86 he would be a value pick.  Even if he gave us 4 years as the backup QB And never progressed to be the starter, the cost difference from paying an average FA QB2 4-5M x 4 years (16-20M) versus the 4y, 5.3M contract for the #86 pick offered enough value in terms of Opportunity Cost (see link for definition and explanation) that it would be a decent pick.  That additional 15m we’d have in FA over 4 years could be spent on 1-2 budget starters at other positions.  

But I never asserted my desire to draft Strong, I merely defended the ability to ask the Question.  It’s not a “stupid” question.  In fact, several Raiders News sites wrote articles addressing the possibility of drafting Strong days later.  Is this forum better served by asking others opinions and discussing topics Or just repeating you want a certain prospect at #86 every single day?  
Again, I was just merely seeking people’s opinion on an issue.  If I post “would you guys be okay if we trade Waller to GB for #56?” That Doesn’t mean i’m advocating for that.  But that’s pretty obvious.

oh yeah…. NyRaider also made pretty ridiculous posts like: he’s immobile… he’ll get sacked on his first snap and get hurt snd never play Another snap.  It was rather ridiculous and absurd hyperbole.  I simply addressed the ridiculous hyperbole, while acknowledging he is A pure pocket passer with a high level arm and while he has been injured before it’s one thing to want to pass on him because of injury history but to say he’ll last 1 play or whatever it was he said was pretty ridiculous.  I’m okay with not liking Strong as a prospect…. I actually think he’s a good 3rd round value to some team, just not us.  But that also doesn’t mean he “sucks” and the idea of discussing the possibility of drafting him is stupid.

And oh yeah….  It’s almost as if every time NYRaider says he wants Faalele I portray it as if he gets demolished like this every single play…. In reality it only happened once but boy is it funny to watch!  By that’s a sub 250lb LB/edge player who won’t be drafted until round 5, if he’s drafted at all.

Edited by jimkelly02

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The only thing that happens more then stating your desire to draft Faalele is me Correcting your false narrative. 

For hopefully, the last time I’ll Correct your False narrative FOR the other posters…. As you know the truth but nonetheless keep falsely portraying recent history.

At absolute most I said there is some merit to drafting a possible future starting QB, who could serve as a backup for a few years, in round 3.  I felt like at 86 he would be a value pick.  Even if he gave us 4 years as the backup QB And never progressed to be the starter, the cost difference from paying an average FA QB2 4-5M x 4 years (16-20M) versus the 4y, 5.3M contract for the #86 pick offered enough value in terms of Opportunity Cost (see link for definition and explanation) that it would be a decent pick.  That additional 15m we’d have in FA over 4 years could be spent on 1-2 budget starters at other positions.  

But I never asserted my desire to draft Strong, I merely defended the ability to ask the Question.  It’s not a “stupid” question.  In fact, several Raiders News sites wrote articles addressing the possibility of drafting Strong days later.  Is this forum better served by asking others opinions and discussing topics Or just repeating you want a certain prospect at #86 every single day?  
Again, I was just merely seeking people’s opinion on an issue.  If I post “would you guys be okay if we trade Waller to GB for #56?” That Doesn’t mean i’m advocating for that.  But that’s pretty obvious.

oh yeah…. NyRaider also made pretty ridiculous posts like: he’s immobile… he’ll get sacked on his first snap and get hurt snd never play Another snap.  It was rather ridiculous and absurd hyperbole.  I simply addressed the ridiculous hyperbole, while acknowledging he is A pure pocket passer with a high level arm and while he has been injured before it’s one thing to want to pass on him because of injury history but to say he’ll last 1 play or whatever it was he said was pretty ridiculous.  I’m okay with not liking Strong as a prospect…. I actually think he’s a good 3rd round value to some team, just not us.  But that also doesn’t mean he “sucks” and the idea of discussing the possibility of drafting him is stupid.

And oh yeah….  It’s almost as if every time NYRaider says he wants Faalele I portray it as if he gets demolished like this every single play…. In reality it only happened once but boy is it funny to watch!  By that’s a sub 250lb LB/edge player who won’t be drafted until round 5, if he’s drafted at all.

One rep at the senior bowl, he sucks.

One rep at the senior bowl, he sucks.

Lol you must’ve missed the rest ya dude got abused by everyone it even surprised me. I can understand him getting beat with speed but he was getting put on the turf with bull rushes. He’s a guard in the nfl imo even 

Parker had a better sr bowl fwiw

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Can I just go on the record and say that IF Carson Strong is available at 86, I wouldn't be too terribly upset with taking him? 

Ideal? Probably not, given our needs elsewhere. But I wouldn't consider it an underwhelming reach. I'd probably consider it a steal and look to a potential future. 

Naturally, I'd prefer going CB or OT at that spot, but if the right guy isn't there....

McDaniels has made average QBs like Cassell, Brissett, Garappolo, and Kyle Orton look like starting caliber QBs, the first 3 of whom wound up being trade assets. 

If Carr were to go down, we're probably screwed. If Gilbert or Mullens started, you can already chalk it up as screwed. They're known commodities and not very good. Would a rookie like Strong really be much worse? I sincerely doubt it. At the very least, I'd trust McDaniels to put him in a spot to look ok. And in a couple of years, maybe Strong is the next McDaniels backup QB that garners some trade attention. 

It's probably a moot point since he's almost assuredly not going to be our pick, but for anyone to bash the possibility as dumb is just...dense. We could find out he's a starter long term, he's trade fodder, he's a quality backup, or he's trash. But given those 4 potential outcome, Strong has a 75% of having at least some value to the team as it currently stands and with what our QB depth chart looks like. Not bad for a 3rd round pick at all. 

Then again, some guys here were pimping Rattler at 1.1 for us last year and trying to pound the table for Willis or Corral, so....QB evaluations around here are shotty at best, imo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol you must’ve missed the rest ya dude got abused by everyone it even surprised me. I can understand him getting beat with speed but he was getting put on the turf with bull rushes. He’s a guard in the nfl imo even 

i personally think his problems can be coached out of him. and id be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th to find out 

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly don’t think he’s a guard in the NFL.  He’s actually better in space then confined quarters and is a puncher not a catcher.   I think he’s gotta trim 30lbs and play at under 350.  There’s no reason to carry 386.  That isn’t all muscle.  The strength you have at 386 is the same strength you have at 350 but with 30lbs of fat attached.  Sure that extra weight is leaning on the opponent when you block them but you gotta carry it around all the time.  

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That's because he's fat and his balance off if he loses 30-50 pounds he'll be just fine.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I honestly don’t think he’s a guard in the NFL.  He’s actually better in space then confined quarters and is a puncher not a catcher.   I think he’s gotta trim 30lbs and play at under 350.  There’s no reason to carry 386.  That isn’t all muscle.  The strength you have at 386 is the same strength you have at 350 but with 30lbs of fat attached.  Sure that extra weight is leaning on the opponent when you block them but you gotta carry it around all the time.  

Meh his feet aren’t quick enough imo to be on the outside. Also his technique is too weak for nfl level edge guys. I think he’ll have to make a living being a catch and anchor guy on the inside. 

43 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That's because he's fat and his balance off if he loses 30-50 pounds he'll be just fine.

That I will agree with due to his weight and height he has zero room for mistakes which is a death sentence for someone as inexperienced as him. I’m just concerned like with leatherwood that all this time at a d1 program and starting and this is the product. At this point either the college coaches suck or he does.

34 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That I will agree with due to his weight and height he has zero room for mistakes which is a death sentence for someone as inexperienced as him. I’m just concerned like with leatherwood that all this time at a d1 program and starting and this is the product. At this point either the college coaches suck or he does.

You need motivation, knowledge and money to lose weight. He was probably living off of fast food in college. Who ever drafts him will give them millions of dollars in motivation and the knowledge.