2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You need motivation, knowledge and money to lose weight. He was probably living off of fast food in college. Who ever drafts him will give them millions of dollars in motivation and the knowledge.

I’m not liking that strategy of letting money motivate players to do well. At this level you have to love the game. Money motivated players aren’t the guys you want on your team. 

Are you saying the minn coaches lacked knowledge or it wasn’t enough money to motivate him to listen, learn and develop?

• Like 1

Maybe it was the coaching 

Sixteen years, 185 games and six head coaches later, a long drought for the Gophers football program is about to end. The NFL draft will be held Thursday through Saturday in Las Vegas, and for the first time since 2006, the Gophers are expected to have an offensive lineman selected.”

2006 since the last olinemen drafted wow lol

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not liking that strategy of letting money motivate players to do well. At this level you have to love the game. Money motivated players aren’t the guys you want on your team. 

Are you saying the minn coaches lacked knowledge or it wasn’t enough money to motivate him to listen, learn and develop?

Not to mention, if a football player at a D1 school is living off of fast food, they're undisciplined. I went to a SunBelt school and saw the players there eating like royalty. At a BIG10 school....

He's Pacific Islander of some sort, so he's probably bound to carry some extra pounds around. They're big guys. Especially at his height. But right now, he's overweight in a negative way. That concerns me.

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I'm saying he probably is a big eater who doesn't have the money to buy chicken breast and has to live off of Burger King and Pizza.

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not to mention, if a football player at a D1 school is living off of fast food, they're undisciplined. I went to a SunBelt school and saw the players there eating like royalty. At a BIG10 school....

He's Pacific Islander of some sort, so he's probably bound to carry some extra pounds around. They're big guys. Especially at his height. But right now, he's overweight in a negative way. That concerns me.

People that big have to constantly eat or they lose weight rapidly. Just off the top of my head an athlete that big and works out basically everyday he's probably eating 6-8 thousand calories a day. That's a lot of meals throughout the day.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

He was over 400lbs before the combine 

and agree about the d1 food lol

cafeteria food at the hbcu I went to was good af not to mention we got specialty foods due to the weight plans we had. Athletes esp football players get spoiled in college 

I'm saying he probably is a big eater who doesn't have the money to buy chicken breast and has to live off of Burger King and Pizza.

To which I again say "that would be by choice and a lack of discipline on his part". 

He was a scholarshiped starter at a BIG10 school. He was an investment for the University of Minnesota. He had every resource necessary to not live off of Burger King and Pizza, you can bet they made sure of that. 

There is no reason for him to be as overweight as he is. We don't need Trent 2.0

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was over 400lbs before the combine 

and agree about the d1 food lol

cafeteria food at the hbcu I went to was good af not to mention we got specialty foods due to the weight plans we had. Athletes esp football players get spoiled in college 

My brother in law played football at Iowa. He said they have a “training table” for all you can eat meals. He also said the coaches are at the end of the line to see what the guys took to eat. He said if the coaches didn’t like what you have, they have the player go back and get more food. This was especially true for the OL. Anyway, players at Iowa don’t need to eat fast food as a meal. I assume it’s like that at all universities. 

To which I again say "that would be by choice and a lack of discipline on his part". 

He was a scholarshiped starter at a BIG10 school. He was an investment for the University of Minnesota. He had every resource necessary to not live off of Burger King and Pizza, you can bet they made sure of that. 

There is no reason for him to be as overweight as he is. We don't need Trent 2.0

No no The football cafeteria is only open during football season the rest of the school year you have to eat what the student eat. During the other 100-150 days you have to get your own food

This place is nuts right now! Been here since Monday and it's getting crazier by the hour. I just hope we surprise everyone and trade into the first tomorrow and grab some OL help. I only want this for the sole reason of having something to cheer for.  I love the draft as a whole and it's going to be great but that would be awesome if it happened....... but it won't

No no The football cafeteria is only open during football season the rest of the school year you have to eat what the student eat. During the other 100-150 days you have to get your own food

That isn't true. 

The University of Minnesota's Nutrition Center at Athlete's Village is open exclusively to athletes year-round Monday-Thursday with Summer meal plans for on and off-campus student athletes. 

A quick Google search is all it takes. 

That isn't true. 

The University of Minnesota's Nutrition Center at Athlete's Village is open exclusively to athletes year-round Monday-Thursday with Summer meal plans for on and off-campus student athletes. 

A quick Google search is all it takes. 

It was like that at the college I went to also I don’t know about other sports but us football players got spoiled. I went from dl to lb from freshman to soph year and was on a strict diet and workout plan closely monitored by coaches in the off season. 

After seeing what Waller said I don't hink there will be a trade. Not for him anyway and I'm glad. Only way I see it happening is if it were an offer we just couldn't turn down. But he said they told him it was not gonna happen. And Ziggy doesn't seem like the kind of gm that would risk lying to one of the team leaders.