2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Did you conveniently miss the word "arguably"?

Yikeeeeees

You also failed to address the point as well.

Let's see how Carr finishes the second half. Usually completely folds against our tough second half schedule, and cold weather also plays a factor. The Raiders have an amazingly easy schedule (especially pass defense wise) every single year the past three years the first half of the season. And we have a ridiculously tough second half schedule. Let's see if Carr performs well all 17 games without his usual dwindling performance. 

Yes, he's playing great football once again. However, I see the same people hype him up the first half of every season and then all his praisers disappear the second half. Very consistent. Let's see if he can keep it up all year, keep playing well, and help this team makes the playoffs. I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season, but considering the trend the past few years, I'm not overly optimistic. I hope he tears the league apart, we make the playoffs, and he gets MVP talk, absolutely 100%. Not holding my breath though. 

Edited by BayRaider

18 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we get a dominant DT and another LB (more athletic one, if morrow/white don’t work out), we’re looking pretty good.

Imo I would say DT and CB would be two positions needed for this defense to take the next step. Hayward has been a good pick up maybe even better then Nelly was for the team last year but he’s really pushing it with his age and they should obviously extend a new contract for another year but this team needs a legit number 2 CB who is young and has size. 

I would expect Deablo to have a way bigger role next season playing that Littleton spot so I don’t think LB would be much of a need . 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Imo I would say DT and CB would be two positions needed for this defense to take the next step. Hayward has been a good pick up maybe even better then Nelly was for the team last year but he’s really pushing it with his age and they should obviously extend a new contract for another year but this team needs a legit number 2 CB who is young and has size. 

I would expect Deablo to have a way bigger role next season playing that Littleton spot so I don’t think LB would be much of a need . 

Maybe?

56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let's see how Carr finishes the second half. Usually completely folds against our tough second half schedule, and cold weather also plays a factor. The Raiders have an amazingly easy schedule (especially pass defense wise) every single year the past three years the first half of the season. And we have a ridiculously tough second half schedule. Let's see if Carr performs well all 17 games without his usual dwindling performance. 

Yes, he's playing great football once again. However, I see the same people hype him up the first half of every season and then all his praisers disappear the second half. Very consistent. Let's see if he can keep it up all year, keep playing well, and help this team makes the playoffs. I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season, but considering the trend the past few years, I'm not overly optimistic. I hope he tears the league apart, we make the playoffs, and he gets MVP talk, absolutely 100%. Not holding my breath though. 

Ok so you're assuming what will happen. It's an educated assumption but still an assumption none the less. This year seems different to me personally but we'll see. In cold weather, the second half of the year last year (CLE, NY, DEN) he threw for almost 300/game (remember the crazy wind in CLE also as it will skew those numbers), 6 TDs, 3 INTs, and the offense averaged 26.3 PPG. 

He has been bad in the second halves of seasons before but last season, overall, he wasn't that bad

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ok so you're assuming what will happen. It's an educated assumption but still an assumption none the less. This year seems different to me personally but we'll see. In cold weather, the second half of the year last year (CLE, NY, DEN) he threw for almost 300/game (remember the crazy wind in CLE also as it will skew those numbers), 6 TDs, 3 INTs, and the offense averaged 26.3 PPG. 

He has been bad in the second halves of seasons before but last season, overall, he wasn't that bad

Denver's not a cold weather game. It's not cold in November and December.

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Denver's not a cold weather game. It's not cold in November and December.

It's absolutely subjective. 

Edit: I will add to most in SoCal, it's considered "cold" but I'm not from there so it's not something I can personally describe

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mullen? He was pretty good when healthy.

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Need him to play a full season. Only reason why its a maybe right now. 

It's so hard to quantify though. 

Nelly helped the offense immensely, but we had a fairly talented offense, albeit somewhat unproven. 

Hayward probably has a bigger impact, but being even an average player in comparison to our secondary last year is as big a step forward as one could possibly be. 

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Need him to play a full season. Only reason why its a maybe right now. 

Nelly helped the offense immensely, but we had a fairly talented offense, albeit somewhat unproven. 

Hayward probably has a bigger impact, but being even an average player in comparison to our secondary last year is as big a step forward as one could possibly be. 

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Rejuvenating peoples careers is gonna be huge for the Raiders. The Raiders will get a endless line of FAs willing to come here on the cheap to get a big contract somewhere else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Don’t give me wrong Nelly had a good year but when it comes down to it he had somewhere near 900 yards. While that was good for us, there was never a point where you looked and said “ this guy is playing like a top 10 receiver“(nor has he ever been).

Casey Hayward is playing like he’s one of the best corners in league right now(which he’s been before)